Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bogner

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Fat people probably know better than to wear them

Nope. If we're being fascist, let's go for it ..... it's the fat women who wear the tightest trousers and the shortest tops. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chicks and milfs who wear Bogner are usually hot.

It is good kit.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OMG. Have I pulled? Shocked wink Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Hurtle, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I'd never have guessed this would be the place to come for fashion advice,. Please post photos so I can see what you think people ought to wear. Fascists

In fairness I think people should wear what the hell they like. I think I should be able to laugh at them for it though. And vice versa naturally.
I used to be rather monochrome but have gone a bit more colourful in recent years - partly for photographic reasons as you say, partly because people used to moan about not being able to see me well when I was waiting and the vis was poor, mainly midlife crisis obvs.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Hurtle, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

In fairness I think people should wear what the hell they like. I think I should be able to laugh at them for it though. And vice versa naturally.

@jedster,

+1 its all personal choice, it'd be a boring world if we all looked the same
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And round and round it goes!In the 80's skiing used to be about wearing as many possible colors (bonus points for neon). The snowboarding came along and all the cool kids were wearing black and grey and baggy pretending to be urban skaters. Now as the Kool Kids of the 90's are middle aged in their all black gear, wearing colors is coming back.
Pink, Blue and yellow jackets with bumbags is going to be soooo desirable in a few years snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The definitive statement on colours

Quote:

Bright colours used to be wack but then they came right back..Pro skiers look like a bag of skittles

Nine years ago mind - how time flies
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Actually, don't knock Bogner, who here could come up with a business plan where you take a clothing item, add a few badges & sell it on for 20x production cost, if people are dumb enough to pay the price for a label?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@tangowaggon, mm, I've never had any other item of ski clothing last for over 25 years. The thing was bomb-proof, just superbly made and tailored. (I have no idea whether the quality is as good now.)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I loved hot tub time machine, where the more flashy the outfit , the better. I miss the whacky hats too. Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sugardaddy wrote:
And round and round it goes!In the 80's skiing used to be about wearing as many possible colors (bonus points for neon). The snowboarding came along and all the cool kids were wearing black and grey and baggy pretending to be urban skaters. Now as the Kool Kids of the 90's are middle aged in their all black gear, wearing colors is coming back.
Pink, Blue and yellow jackets with bumbags is going to be soooo desirable in a few years snowHead snowHead snowHead

I'm assuming you are middle aged at least as bright colours came back and are on the way out again, current on trend colour palettes for outdoor clothing are still colouful but in more muted tones.

The issue with Bogner is not not the bright colours, it's the fact it just looks SO tacky, there's no style to it. I'm not sure how they get away charging the prices they do, it's not as if they are using cutting edge expensive fabrics, the product descriptions on their site look like a dodgy ebay listing.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

who here could come up with a business plan where you take a clothing item, add a few badges & sell it on for 20x production cost

Anyone with a football /rugby club?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@galpinos,
Quote:

you are middle aged

Yep. 46 with a dad bod (and proud of it too)

Quote:

bright colours came back

Not quite in all of dayglo 80's glory!!
snow conditions
It’s not the colours. Colour is great. Who can forget the original Elho Freestyle!

It’s the gaudy, tackiness of the brand. It seems they’ve toned down the heinous badges but the tiger stripes remain. This beauty from the latest collection is $2500

ski holidays
Tbh, I was completely unaware of the Bogner brand until recently
ski holidays
Whitegold wrote:
Chicks and milfs who wear Bogner are usually hot.

Your 17 year old self just called, and wants his chat up lines back.
snow conditions
tangowaggon wrote:
Tbh, I was completely unaware of the Bogner brand until recently

It’s not a proper James Bond ski scene without a bit of Bogner.
snow conditions
http://blag.illicitsnowboarding.com/2014/10/willy-bogner-jr-wanted-for-crimes.html
latest report
BobinCH wrote:
It’s not the colours. Colour is great. Who can forget the original Elho Freestyle!

It’s the gaudy, tackiness of the brand. It seems they’ve toned down the heinous badges but the tiger stripes remain. This beauty from the latest collection is $2500

Take away the tiger stripes and make it in a fetching shade of rasperry or chartreusse and that would pass for Norrona
ski holidays
Very sad world if we all dressed in black north face.....
ski holidays
The illustrious name of Bogner is as inextricably intertwined with the history and image of skiing as Mathias Zdarsky.
Leaving aside the many Olympic and World Championship medals won by Bogner father and son, without Maria Bogner’s fashion sensibility we wouldn’t have had the women’s stretch pants known as “Bogners”. No retro posters of glamorous lady skiers posing ecstatically in front of the Matterhorn. No iconic images of Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield and Ingrid Bergman looking alluring in their Bogners.
Without Willy Bogner Jr.’s talents we wouldn’t have had all those thrilling skiing sequences in so many Bond films, and what would Roger Moore have worn (Campri, Nevica)?
Bogner has been at the forefront of skiing fashion for 84 years, and their original and imaginative designs sell for megabucks in the most exclusive ski apparel boutiques.
Never understated - but since when has a Ferrari been understated.
(Alternatively they’re tacky and ostentatious - it’s all subjective I suppose.)
ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes,

Not a fan of onesies, but I beg to differ but on the comparison!

snow conditions
@tatmanstours, how can you compare a Pinafarina designed Ferrari to Bogner Shocked

snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
@tatmanstours, how can you compare a Pinafarina designed Ferrari to Bogner Shocked

Pininfarina.
You're thinking of pina colada Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Beatiful car messed up with a stripe on the bonnet.
latest report
Quote:

Beatiful car messed up with a stripe on the bonnet.

I agree - that's why I plumped for a Vauxhall Zafira.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think those one-piece images (Bogner and Norrona) sum it up beautifully. They both look equally weird to me, and if you showed them to people who were not skiers (who had not been instructed on the "brand values"), then you'd not know the difference.

If you like the Norrona you want us to think you're a "hard man/woman of the mountains", even if you're fa.
The Bogner is supposed to tell us that you're rich and probably not as fat.

I think obese people in overalls aren't selling much to the likes of me, I'm afraid. Ferrari? Those're all statement, mostly badly designed from a usability perspective. So maybe like Bogner in that sense.
snow conditions
Bogner still make the German Ski Team clothing. I know several people who wear their race suits and have either replica or second hand team jackets.
latest report
@philwig, The Norrona onesy is a great piece of well designed kit if you're skiing deep powder. Not so good if you need to go to the WC though, a pita for apres ski when it gets warm in that crazy Austrian bar.
latest report
Wow. I didn't realise the kit you ware said so much about you as a person..... I must be a major knob
ski holidays
If some of the skiers of my acquaintance spent as much on ski lessons as they do on new gear, they’d be brilliant skiers - but no doubt less “cool”. Ski clothing is of course the perfect kind of apparel for displaying designer labels and logos (as Spyder has fully exploited).
On the other hand, there is an obvious difference in quality and comfort that you notice as soon as you put on a high-end jacket.
ski holidays
rjs wrote:
Bogner still make the German Ski Team clothing

I think this explains it! (With apologies in advance to any budding German fashion designers Embarassed )
ski holidays
Have to say that much as that Norrona onesey would be great if you were heliskiiing in alaska, if you were wearing it on a typical day in the Alps and weren't skiing too impeccably to laugh at I'd think you were more ludicrous than someone in Bogner. If you are writing those kind of cheques you better have the skills to cash them Very Happy
ski holidays
Laughing @jedster, that said most people typically buy at 40% off in sales don't they?
latest report
Very Happy fair point - I did mean metaphorical cheques but you are quite right that most people only contemplate those things when they are deeply discounted so can claim they weren't taking it too seriously!

disclosure - I did spend 10 minutes considering buying a similar sweet protection onesie at 50% off on sport pursuit. It was a better colour (nice green not canary yellow) but I decided I'd be too embarrassed to wear it. Clearly my MLC hadn't reached critical.
snow conditions
Does Hansi Hinterseer wear Bogner?

http://youtube.com/v/zBbc67AQkLk
latest report
^ #BrexitDividend

Bognor are rank amateurs next to these Fing clowns...

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2018/nov/30/lasers-metallic-blazers-dior-menswear-debut-tokyo-kim-jones
ski holidays
WASHOUT wrote:
Very sad world if we all dressed in black north face.....

I almost regard North Face as too expensive & pretentious Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy