Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bogner

Poster: A snowHead
twoodwar wrote:
Having been to Verbier, I would have thought it perfect for the place!

Guess you didn’t go out skiing wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tatmanstours wrote:

No, she left it in Austria (soon to be reunited with it), but from memory it's pretty blingy and not at all muted...however she's not really a muted sort of person, so that may be okay. Looking forward to shocking our FB friends with the photos Shocked Shocked Laughing

True, she's very glam so can probably pull off the look better than most people (ie me)!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tatmanstours wrote:

Steady on - I bought Mrs TT a Bognor jacket during the summer, and she will be resplendent in it on the slopes of Saalbach very soon - pink and white with lots of badges (but no swastikas or other such insignia), if I remember correctly.

Lots of nonsensical patches then - awesome. I've always thought that was the most tragic thing about the brand - bold colours etc are fine - it's the stupid badges that affect an air of national team achievement or antartic survey worthiness that seem bizarre? Maybe Bogner is meant to be worn satirically:

http://youtube.com/v/vuAUI_0knfk
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is Spyder any better? (ducks for cover)

Both will keep you nice and warm and dry on the slopes of course. Just the high price and acquired taste I'm questioning.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Perhaps we just have to overcome our British reserve, as well as our prejudices, inhibitions and preconceptions, to understand the (not so subtle) appeal of blingy ski apparel. A little like the Eurovision Song Contest. Also cheesy apres-ski music and lederhosen.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@jedster, nope!

I think the Bognor stuff and their whole image looks awful (we also have a shop here). But at least they have a legacy of making truly brilliant ski/stunt movies and still sponsor a couple of ‘proper’ skiers. Everything from Spyder just looks like wannabe-instructor uniforms to me.

DotM - LOL(!) at Antarctic Surveyers. But spot on!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was first « exposed » to Bogner at the Mooseewirt in St Anton where a very friendly Austrian couple were decked out in horrendous matching outfits, while enjoying the DJ playing some weird Austrian anthems. I thought it was an Austro/German thing. Can’t for the life of me believe anyone is going to buy that stuff in Verbier?!?!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Speaking on behalf of ski instructors everywhere, can I offer thanks to those skiers who turn up to ski lessons in unique and colourful outfits. There is nothing more confusing than trying to identify from 300m just which one of your group of 8 all outfitted in Miscellaneous Dark are about to drop in next Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Embrace the Teutonic culture, I say! (We might have to, the way Brexit is panning out). As for “weird Austrian anthems”, dancing to them, preferably on tables and whilst wearing Bognor ski suits, is a very cool thing to do in 2018.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

it's the stupid badges that affect an air of national team achievement or antartic survey worthiness that seem bizarre?

@Dave of the Marmottes, @rob@rar, has put his finger on the reason why such badges are not necessarily stupid. I shall be able to spot Mrs TT a mile off (which is often the distance that opens up between us when we're out skiing).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tatmanstours wrote:
Embrace the Teutonic culture, I say! (We might have to, the way Brexit is panning out). As for “weird Austrian anthems”, dancing to them, preferably on tables and whilst wearing Bognor ski suits, is a very cool thing to do in 2018.

#BrexitDividend
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
it was once said that Bogner gear looks as though it was made by chimpanzees who had a knife fight in the factory. This is rude and wrong .... it is an insult to chimpanzees and I deplore it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Suspect Mrs TT will not be getting shown this thread.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bogner & Moncler = proof that money can't buy class & seem very popular with the Russians? but I'm a fashion rebel, I'd deliberately wear socks with sandals, sunnies with a helmet (if I wore a helmet), Decathlon if I was worth millions, turn up for an offpiste day with 67mm skis, any others? Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:

I'm a fashion rebel, I'd deliberately wear socks with sandals, sunnies with a helmet (if I wore a helmet), Decathlon if I was worth millions, turn up for an offpiste day with 67mm skis, any others?

There goes a Yorkshireman!
Quote:

That might well be prudent - but you'll all eat your harsh words when I post a photo of her looking a million dollars (well, euros I suppose) in her very glamorous Bognor jacket, complete with satirical adornments. (That's if I can figure out how to post photos on this esteemed forum).
ski holidays
tatmanstours wrote:
Quote:

I'm a fashion rebel, I'd deliberately wear socks with sandals, sunnies with a helmet (if I wore a helmet), Decathlon if I was worth millions, turn up for an offpiste day with 67mm skis, any others?

There goes a Yorkshireman!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I nearly added that I live in Yorkshire! not born there but learning the culture of being an okkerd bugga
snow conditions
@tangowaggon, Speaking as one who was raised in Sheffield, I can always tell a Yorkshireman (even if I can't tell 'im much).
ski holidays
I once stood with my son and we could not help smiling critically at a mother dressed in hideous Bogner tending her two year old dressed in hideous Bogner with the child’s grandmother in attendance....dressed in hideous Bogner. Given the Bogner aesthetic it was a blinding sight of gold embroidery and random clashing colours and textures and abuse of wolf fur. It was so awful that I whipped out my iPhone and snapped a couple of shots with the intention of posting here. But a few minutes later we needed to pass them quite closely and it was clear that they were really nice people just having a good family time. So I deleted the photo and put it down to a different view of fashion .... yes, they were from a country East of ours ....
ski holidays
I personally find the Bogner style thing really amusing, there's loads of it in Lech (no surprise there), and mostly Chicy-Micky and Russian mega rich types. I've been guilty of also taking the odd snap too with my phone, especially when its a man/ woman matching combo. The bast place to witness them is central Lech about 11.30am, when you've done about 4-5 runs and are covered head to toe in powder and sweat and they are literally just sliding out of Strolz check-in ski store towards their first lift after a lazy breakfast, and on way up for a magnum of Champers at Balmalp, she with animal print jacket and gold trims, c/w pump up lips and super smooth skin despite the fact she's 60+ years old, Bardot style.....he with white padded ski trousers, black belted padded jacket with an embroidered tiger in the middle of his back, and a giant cigar. Both with obligatory snake skin helmets with built in visors, Strolz boots and Lacroix skis. Also a personal ski guide with them, the oldest, brownest one in resort who cant believe his luck that he's going to have the best lunch of the winter, and not even get himself out of second gear..... Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
From what I read I’m beginning to think that Mrs TT’s dayglo pink and white Bognor is a trifle drab and that I’ll look like a poor relation in my black Killy. Don’t want to look like paupers. Where can I buy some gold braid and tiger motifs?
snow conditions
http://www.alpinestyle56.com/tag/jc-de-castelbajac/

I might go retro this winter (not a chance).
snow report
tatmanstours wrote:
Don’t want to look like paupers. Where can I buy some gold braid and tiger motifs?
French Gold Gimp Braid and tiger motifs (made with gold braid).

You're welcome.
snow report
Laughing Laughing
latest report
@rob@rar, You've clearly seen him too? Laughing
ski holidays
Bogner always reminds me of a woman encountered in Courmayeur. She had a shiny bronze Bogner onesie. Accessorized with bottle blonde hair, dark leathery skin and lots of chunky gold bling. She didn't ski, she sat on the terrace adding further texture to her old handbag complexion and talked loudly on her phone. Toofy Grin
snow report
Lunchtime - The guys almost always have dyed dark hair and/ or a syrup too, plus huge watches, the women's watches almost infrequently have diamonds all around the face, huge sunglasses and tin foil reflectors under their chins, and they face into the sun avoiding all contact with others.....pre-booked terrace tables of course with waiter service, sheepskin chair covers, wine bucket and table cloths......
ski holidays
^ sounds awesome! I'll have a Bogner onesie then please.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@HoneyBunny, we might have one for sale if Mrs TT sees this thread
latest report
@BobinCH,

I thought everyone in Verbier wore Bogner gear.
snow conditions
@tatmanstours, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
I don't understand the complete hatred of Bogner, while it is the standard gear of the Russian super wealthy , I don't have a problem with short jackets,or bright outfits. ( once they don't clash). I don't understand the overwhelming conformity to dull shades of black, grey, browns, and dull greens that a lot of English people seem to like. couple the dull shades with a huge back pack, and a helmet. On saying that I wear black myself, but if I spotted a jacket that was bright, warm, and affordable I wouldn't mind if it was bright.
snow conditions
@biddpyat, Bag of skittles colour schemes are fine - there's just something uniquely offensive about the sheer lack of taste involved in some Bogner outfits from excess badging to gaudy embroidery and not exactly practical cuts. It seems like more of a "feck you" to the little people as in I'm so wealthy I dress up like a cariacture of myself on the slopes just for shits and giggles.

I'm pretty sure old Willy and his heirs laugh all the way to the bank though even though Bogner is no longer cool enough for German Olympians
ski holidays
ah yea, but the over top stuff, is one thing but they have some not over the top stuff too, fire and ice seems to be fairly ( for bognor) low key, . I just wish I had the cash to spend on stuff like that, but if I was spending an extra €2000, for a jacket, I would rather another ski trip. ( hence I'm stuck in the same gear for years, lol)
latest report
I would add I've seen some fairly sober oldschool fartbags in charity shops that you'd be hard pressed to distinguish from C&A if it weren't for the B zippers.
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, as I said, mine was completely plain, only distinguishable by the (tiny) Bs on the zips. It was very classy.
snow conditions
I too have seen some very classy Bognor Jackets, and If I got one as a christmas pressie I wouldn't be handing it back.
snow conditions
Quote:

It was very classy.

We don't doubt it for a moment, @Hurtle. And you don't smoke cigars!
snow conditions
biddpyat wrote:
I too have seen some very classy Bognor Jackets, and If I got one as a christmas pressie I wouldn't be handing it back.

I’d be filing for divorce...
ski holidays
I'd never have guessed this would be the place to come for fashion advice,. Please post photos so I can see what you think people ought to wear. Fascists wink

I love the Bogner stuff, and I'm always pleased to see people in outlandish clothing. It's all outlandish, really, it's just that we're used to some things and less used to others.
I love short jackets. Fat people probably know better than to wear them, I'd guess.

It certainly makes a statement... it's a bit like the people with the huge ugly gold mechanical watches (!).
Even so, it's no weirder than novice UK skiers dressed in "big mountain" stuff.
I suppose that people pick the message they want to send and dress accordingly. Isn't that how the world works? My car does 185....

Black is the hardest colour to photograph.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy