Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spyder deals on SportDirect

Poster: A snowHead
Might be of interest (couldnt find the bargains thread!)
https://www.sportsdirect.com/deal-five#dcp=1&dppp=100&OrderBy=price_asc

This for example looks Ok for £14

oh & apparently these £20 Nike Snowboard pants are gore tex
https://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-all-mountain-snowboard-pants-mens-409192?colcode=40919274

Bargain if they are! will be handing them back at click & collect if not!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Goretex

Also gopping.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have that top, not for skiing in but casual wear & it's good
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wouldn't trust anything from feckin Sports Direct - I bought some Assics trainers from there about four weeks ago after heaps of total bull from the sales guy about how much better Karrimor (their own brand) were compared to Nike etc and the heel on one has given up all ready after about ten hours. I'd actually question if this was a real Assics produced shoe or something manufactured under some sort of license.

Same probably goes for their mountain clothing

And just do some googling

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/dec/10/sports-direct-discounts-are-they-what-they-seem

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 15-11-18 14:06; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I got some Nike snowboard pants for 20quid from Mike Ashley a few weeks ago, I have used them the last 2 weekends in Verbier and they are fine.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@WindOfChange, until it rains Laughing

Bit like my trainers great for standing around in, but after ten hours use they're for the bin!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Weathercam, It never rains in Verbier - snow at night blue sky by day Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Weathercam,

By branded trainers such as Adidas when they are on offer. Great bargains.

Own brand trainers are for going to the supermarket 😂
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Tignes addict, as I stated they were Asics and not own brand - and closer examination comparing them to my daughters Asics bought in a pukka running shop they are a serious joke at a trainer and only good for going to said supermarket.

I should know a lot better, having examined the Karmor and thought that they would not last, but somehow thought that Asics bought from Sports Direct would not be Mickey Mouse, how wrong I was, that said most people buying them from Sports Direct would not run the kms over the terrain that I did in such a short space of time, and like you and me would think great bargains.

It's all a pre-meditated bit of commercial subtifuge by Sports Direct, and Google is full of stories and reviews.

So I well and truly been suckered by the git and total shite who is Mike Ashley and have one sore calk muscle as a result of running on the fecking jokes again last evening!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So don't run on them and take them back - surely that's more sensible than hurting yourself so you can feel righteously angry..

I don't particularly want to defend Sports Direct , they are what they are. But they are often these days the only game in town for sportswear you can actually try on. Just the customer needs to be aware of what they are buying and make their own evaluation. I've had Karrimor leather boots from there (actually Field & Trek but same thing) lasted a few years, one developed a leak in that time but so does any high end goretex brand. Salomon trainers (probably a liquidation sale of Amer UK stock) and recently some Karrimor liner gloves and compression socks that are just fine
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dave of the Marmottes, because they have an infamous shite returns policy - Google that as well !
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They aren't exempt from retail laws re defective goods. Of course might be more hassle than its worth but that's not the same thing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think they do actually get more cheaply made stuff that disguises itself behind brand names. Amazes me that the brands are prepared to go for it
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dave of the Marmottes, like I say Google it - they seem to not follow retail / goods not fit for purpose.

Plus I've had them for a good month plus etc

@Bennisboy, plus one

And I'm certainly not the only one, I don't think I've ever seen such bad reviews for a company, nigh on 4k all bad!

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.sportsdirect.com?page=2

And the shites have just bought FW Evans
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
To offer another customer's experience, I have bought stuff from Sportsdirect and found it to be fine. You have to go in with your eyes wide open, I bought 3 x pairs of cycling bottoms (2 x Karrimor, 1 x Muddy Fox), these are all brand names that belong to Sportsdirect, they are priced fairly and have done the job adequately well. I also bought a Karrimor backpack which is the perfect size for my ski boots and I have used it several times as hand luggage on the plane.
snow conditions
@king key, Which backpack?
snow report
Spyder fleece tops currently £20 at TK max
ski holidays
I’ve just had some of the spyder stuff (and Falke) delivered today from them and it all looks ok to me. About 80% off list too!
snow conditions
AL9000 wrote:
@king key, Which backpack?

Just typical, I tried to look it up on Sports Direct's website and it doesn't seem to be stocked any longer. However, I took a picture of mine if you do see one in their store, it is made with that really tough vinyl material they used on top quality panniers, sails etc. As you can see it takes a pair of ski boots nicely, one up, one down. Smile

snow conditions
Thanks for the tip £22 for a spyder mid layer. Happy days. Just ordered mine.
snow report
I bought the grey Spyder top, and a blue one for my brother for Christmas. Had it for most of this week now, and pretty happy with it. No complaints here, and for £14, it was well worth taking the risk.

How it performs in the alps, only time will tell.
latest report
swskier wrote:
I bought the grey Spyder top, and a blue one for my brother for Christmas. Had it for most of this week now, and pretty happy with it. No complaints here, and for £14, it was well worth taking the risk.

How it performs in the alps, only time will tell.

annoying I ordered 2 & had out of stock emails for both.
So ended up with nothing.
snow report
Hopefully a few bits that I ordered are waiting for me at home!
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:
[b]

So I well and truly been suckered by the git and total shite who is Mike Ashley

Sports Direct is one of the few companies that I completely boycott for ethical and other reasons.

Not even going to attempt to post my opinion of Mike Ashley on here as the profanity filter would probably go into meltdown and never recover.
latest report
Those Spyder tops are either very very very old stock or they are not legit

Spyder changed the logo and font on their clothing 3 or 4 years ago
snow conditions
Talk about devaluing your brand. Seems a very odd move for Spyder unless they are in trouble or the stock has been sourced on the grey market. Even Berghaus hasn't gone down the tubes that far.
snow conditions
Martin & Ami wrote:
Talk about devaluing your brand. Seems a very odd move for Spyder unless they are in trouble or the stock has been sourced on the grey market. Even Berghaus hasn't gone down the tubes that far.

Yep
Chances ate they was aquired through some sort of container auction
snow conditions
Sports direct do sell very very old stock. I bought some ON trainers which broke after 15 kms and I took them to a friend (who sells ON trainers) and he said they were a model from 4-5 years previously which had a known fault. I did take them back and got my money back. I would do that with your ASICS. If you have your receipt they are faulty, simple as that. But they are likely a 2-3 year old model.

I buy bits from SD karrimor is not bad stuff for cheap sports kit. I also like Decathlon
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Martin & Ami wrote:
Yep, in a previous career 25+ years ago I used to retail Karrimor products, among other brands. They were the best (and most expensive) products available at the time, the creme de la creme......and now they are mediocre at best other than the occasional gem. Sad
snow conditions
@king key, Their walking boots were excellent (were they UK made back then?). Better than DMs! Now, just junk.
Soft clothing is keenly priced though - decent fleeces - but that's about it.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 24-11-18 15:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@king key, Yeah, I had a pair of the original KSB fabric hiking boots back in the 80's. Lasted years of hard use.
ski holidays
I didn't realise that Karrimor were part and parcel of the group, and was a bit perplexed whilst when I was browsing for some running shoes a couple of years ago the sales person was pusing these new Karrimor trainers at me. I did end up buying them after reading up on them, but the quality of them were (is) terrible. The bottom of the soles have started to peel off, and fabric is breaking down. I wouldn't buy any serious gear from them myself again. I used to walk/hike, and remember, and king key says Karrimor were really up there - infact between that and Scarpa I kitted myself out with their kit.
snow conditions
Myself and the OH are very happy with the Spyder gear we ordered. Obviously not the current or probably even last season but it’s good stuff and legit, so happy days.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy