Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

wrist guards

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm going snow boarding next week for first time, and it has been recommended that I get wrist guards. Does anyone know if I can hire them at the Pas de la Casa resort in Andorra when I get my board? Or should I get them beforehand? Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They won't cost you more than a tenner to buy your very own pair so I'd just get your own set when you get there - most ski shops will do them.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
if you can, buy the integrated gloves with wrist gaurds as most others tend to stress your gloves in places they are not ment to be stressed in and so they fall apart quite quickly, especially if you use the skateboarder ones.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sallyhumphries, oh and welcome to the friendly fold snowHead Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought my wrist guards in Andorra, I think they were 17 € . Take your gloves to the shop to make sure the guards fit inside the gloves.

Next time I probably would go for gloves with integrated guards, as they are easier to use.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many Level gloves have integrated wristguards. They are worth the money - bombproof and warm.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I read somewhere that something like 25% of snowboarders will break their wrist.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
& im one of them!!! ide get some if i was u! currently tapping a way with one spack hand in a pretty pink cast!

ps... dont ask why i failed to wear my wrist guards?!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Get Da Kine wrist guards, they're superb!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mmm.. my gloves have wrist gaurds in them.. but i'd be surprised if they would make much difference preventing a break.. the plastic bit that covers the heel of your hand is 'handy' from a comfort point of view..to make a real difference i reckon you would need something a lot more substantial than some bendy plastic and a velcro strap
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Level's biomex mechansim has a hinge that redirects the force rather than attempting to resist it.

There is a lot of info at:
http://www.ski-injury.com/wrist.htm

Biomex seems to be well respected.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sallyhumphries, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I know it is indelicate as a response to your first post - but I'd seriously consider getting some padding for your ar$e. I went for a 3 hour snowboarding lesson at Castleford and bruised my coccyx in the first 10 minutes - it took about 3 months before it stopped giving me the odd twinge... Shocked
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ian Hopkinson, I couldn't agree more, although aren't you exaggerating slightly: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=232153

wink

sallyhumphries, I know all this kit sounds expensive but it really is worth it. Other may disagree but I think butt protection is more important than wrist guards, although these can be picked up very cheap. I would suggest the R.E.D butt protectors which retail at around £40. Lots of items of snowkit are whimsical purchases and for some inexplicable people feel the need to upgrade their board after 40hrs use but padding is worth getting right from the outset. Plus the R.E.D series don't make ur bum look as big as other brands Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep, as Ian H says, CYA.
Wrist gaurds and a skid lid are also pretty essential at the start.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just to add to that. Knee pads are essential. At present I'm geting over a series of knocks which has lasted 10 weeks now and I'm wondering whether I'm going to be good to go over Easter. It really is testament to the importance of buying decent kit as I wear knee pads but tried to cut corners price-wise. I am now scouring ebay for Dianese ones., also available from Snow and Rock.
latest report
I've been boarding for about 8 years & I still use protector shorts, wrist guards & knee pads, and I would never ride without them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy