Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pacific North West (PNW) 2018/2019 Season

Poster: A snowHead
Some nice turns at Bachelor today. Resort reported 6" overnight at 6am this morning, and it was still dumping when we loaded up. A bit on the heavy side, but still really nice turns in the creamy Cascade "powder".

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On the ground update from Whistler - it has snowed a few centimetres overnight, snow on the ground in Creekside. Was able to watch it come down at 4am jetlag time. rolling eyes

Looks like it's clearing up now but the forecast seems to be for more flurries over the next couple of days.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
High pressure set to build in after a storm front that is currently moving SE. Northern Idaho will do very well with about 30cm over the next 24 hours. Tetons should also fair well. Northern Cascades of Mt. Baker received about 25cm overnight. Looks to be dry for at least the next week with mild temps. Too far out to say what February will bring.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
After about 10 days of a dry spell, the weather is set to return to a cooler trend with a chance for snow in the PNW and BC around Friday/Saturday. The current 5 day forecast appears to show this storm to be on the modest size and strength. Should freshen up the slopes but it's not looking like any major dumpage. Just a 10cm-20cm refresh.

The storm will track in a SE direction over Central/Southern Idaho into the Tetons, and hit Northern Colorado on it's way across the mid-West.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been off the boards for awhile. Hanging ten in Maui this week. While I'm playing with the whales and surfing the waves, it's snowing in the PNW, and the West Coast ski resorts are getting the goods. Snow in Seattle proper and of course cold temps and cold smoke powder in the Cascades. Get after it, and enjoy it! I think I will have to deal with shoveling lots of snow when I get back on Monday...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Finally made it back from Maui, where it was storming with 20 foot plus storm swells and high winds. It snowed at 10,000 feet on the slumbering volcano of Haleakula. Unseasonably cold in Hawaii. In any event, that cold atmospheric river is bringing moisture in the form of snow to the PNW. SeaTac had difficulty dealing with the snow and canceled hundreds of flights, including mine! While I was waiting for a flight back to Central Oregon, it was snowing feet of snow in the Cascades. The storm continues into Tuesday, and tapers off into Wednesday with about 4 feet of snow in the North Cascades. After a brief breather, the snow machine will fire up on Friday into Saturday, again with decent looking snow accumulations that makes it's way into the Sierra's with several feet of snow. Five day totals will get up in the 6 feet range. Will be anxious to wax up the boards and get after it this weekend.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not a whole lot of new snow at Whistler, just cold. Enough snow in Vancouver to cause chaos (pretty abrubt start to the snow at squamish yesterday driving back)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowing in Seattle again. They don't do well with snow. Not enough snow removal equipment. Having just gotten back from Maui, and dealing with the hundreds of flight cancellations at SeaTac, it sure has been a weird winter! We were at the head of this storm that came into Hawaii. It was 59F on Maui when we left. Very cold. Locals were all wearing coats and complaining about the "bitter" cold!

http://www.kxxv.com/story/39948179/snow-falls-in-maui-191-mph-wind-recorded-in-hawaii
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

new snow is a little wind effected at whistler Shocked

10 cm fresh snow that has been hammered by high winds , sporadic light snow expected over next few days with temps getting back to more normal levels , with some sunny intervals before the cold returns at the weekend
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Forecast for the next 5 days is anywhere from 30cm to as high as 1 meter plus. Bachelor getting hammered and could be over 50cm by Wednesday afternoon. Avalanche danger is high. Washington ski areas were over a meter the past 48 hours. Heard that several ski areas were slow to open terrain due to all the snow removal and issues with avy control on the roads to the ski areas. Things go calm on Thursday with cool temps, and then the snow ramps up again on Friday into Saturday. Should be big crowds for the holiday weekends. Some of the pics I saw of the ski areas had epic lines and long waits. But the snow was so deep no one seemed to mind.

Have to wait until this weekend to get after it. Been way too long since I last skied!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Atmospheric river continues to pump copious amounts of liquid precip into the Sierra's. The edges of the river reach up to the Northern Cascades, and leave the folks in Whistler wanting for more. It's been snowing off and on all day in central Oregon. The Oregon Cascades are getting a nice amount over the next few days and then it tappers off into the weekend, with a bit of sunshine possibly showing itself on Sunday. Tetons and the Sawtooths in Southern Idaho are getting some fine accumulations as well. Wasatch is probably not a bad place to be right now either. Things will calm down a bit after the weekend. Hints of possible return to snowy conditions out in FI. But essentially the entire Western region of the USA is getting or has gotten some nice amounts of snow the past 5 days. In some cases 30cm/day have been falling in the Tetons, Wasatch and Cascade ranges. The Sierra's take the cake with over 2 meters and still accumulating.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for all the updates Toadman, really appreciate it. We are out in Whistler in early march,our first time in the PNW, and looking forward to it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stevepick, looks like a few snowHead are out in march ,im there from 7-21 march , I get regular updates from my son who is a split board guide working out there , been a good year so far for snow levels , so base will be good , and hopefully we will get some of the usual march storms coming through for some epic powder days
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
California and more specifically central and NorCal are getting hit with an extremely large amount of moisture. Precip falling as rain below 1,500 meters. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 30cm of moisture. Yes CM's not MM's! In any event, over 2 meters of snow in the Sierra's and counting. PNW is not in direct stream of the AR (Atmospheric River) but still getting some goods. The AR makes its way to UT and CO as well. It's a bit on the warm side as the AR originates in the warm tropical waters around the Hawaiian islands. There is a bit of a cold air component that is on the Northern edge of the AR that has helped produced quite a snowy Seattle, which is not used to much snow. Place shuts down, because, well, they are not used to getting much snow, and it's hilly!

Jackson Hole has recorded just shy of 3 meters of snow fall for the month of February and has broken a record for snowfall for the month. And more still coming into the weekend and a bit more mid-week next week. The storm trough seems to still have legs and will continue to produce additional moisture and snow at higher elevations above 1,200 meters give or take depending on where you are at North to South the elevation increases for the snow line. Up North in Washington state the snow line will be closer to 250 meters.

Whistler will get a light refresh mid-week with 10-15cm maybe a bit more higher in the Alpine. It still does look like there's a weak disorganized low pressure system spinning out in the Pacific that hasn't quite made up it's mind which way it's headed, but looks like even into the end of next week around the 22nd-23rd that more storm activity will find it's way to the West Coast and beyond.

Stay safe out there folks!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowing through out the day at Bachelor. Lots of light, dry snow that just kept getting deeper as the day went on. My legs were saying stop, but my brain said, " Keep on going!" Late afternoon hike resulted in some knee deep powder turns and face shots. Worth the effort for sure.

snow conditions
Most Cascade peaks received in the neighborhood of 30cm of fresh snow overnight. Still snowing, and will continue to snow into Thursday morning. Then a brief lull and second wave of mositure to arrive on Friday afternoon/evening time. Cold temps and low snow levels in the 750-1,000 meter range. Storm track is SE direction toward Southern Idaho into Teton range and Northern Colorado. Should see another 20cm or so of snow from the Friday event.

The Sierra's in California take the cake for February snow totals. Tahoe ski areas all reporting well into the 200 inches for the month. A few are tipping the 250 inch range.
snow report
Continued snow in the PNW. Looks like the storms are skirting below British Columbia. Woke to about 10cm in the driveway and flurries this morning in Bend. Next wave of snow coming in on Friday into Saturday. 5 day forecast is for over 1 meter of snow in the Oregon Cascades. A brief lull on Sunday, and then mid-week more snow is forecast to arrive around Tuesday and continue through Thursday in Central Oregon. Temps will remain low and snow levels around 1,000 meters. Decent quality light powder to be had. I'm off to Aspen this weekend. Might have jinxed myself as the goods are good here in the PNW. SW corner of Colorado as well as Taos and Northern Arizona are getting about 1 meter of snow from today through Saturday. Tetons and Southern Idaho will get the left overs, but still could see around 30cm-40cm through the weekend. Colorado might luck out and get some crumbs from the storms coming into the PNW mid-next week. Depends how those storms track and if they stay North or drift a bit to the South. Fingers crossed that the Central CO Rockies get some freshies!
snow report
It's been dumping in the PNW since Saturday. Over 4 feet of snow has fallen in a 48 hr period from Saturday afternoon into Monday. The neighbors indicated 2 feet in our driver on Sunday morning followed by 18" on Monday. However, I'm in Snowmass and feel gutted that I have missed out. It's been 10 years since those kind of numbers have been seen.

The storms continue for the PNW, into Southern Idaho and the Tetons getting 15"-25" over the weekend. Montana will also see double digit snow totals. More snow is forecast to continue from Thursday into March 6th time frame. Essentially waves of moisture are going to continue to come in off the Pacific. The temps will yo-yo a bit and that makes forecasting snow amounts impossible. But it could very well be snow off and on past March 6th into the following weekend.

It's turning into an epic February for many ski resorts all above the 200 inch total for the month.
latest report
Back from a week in Aspen. Mixed bag. While my home town of Bend received more snow in 2 days than 118 years of record keeping, I was skiing in the sun and corduroy. I did luck out and had two powder days at the end of my trip.

There was an atmospheric river of moisture than continued for 4 straight days that delivered some deep days for much of the PNW. The storm track was SE and delivered about 4-5 feet of snow over the Cascade range into Idaho and into Montana and down through the Tetons Unfortunately the storm track stayed just North of Utah and Colorado most of the week.

Most of the West Coast ski resorts and especially the Sierra's hit record snowfall amounts for the month of February. My home resort hit 136 inches for the month of February. Bottom line, there is plenty of snow to go around well into spring.

Just a quick pick of last Friday at Snowmass, where they received a foot of fresh.

ski holidays
Lightly snowing in town today. Snow showers up on Bachelor. Expecting 5-15cm overnight. Temps remain below seasonal average. Best places to be this weekend would be the Wasatch and the Colorado ski resorts. Storm energy that continues to flow from the SW will bring 20-40cm of snow depending on where you are at in the CO Rockies.

Whistler got a bit and continues to get flurries from a bit of energy and low pressure that will linger into Friday night. Next chance for snow appears to be just around the corner on Monday evening into Tuesday.
latest report
Kind of strange to have such cold smoke pow in March, but today was the lightest snow I've skied all season. 15cm reported at 6am.

I did my ritual pre-lift served hike up the Cinder Cone. Not quite knee deep, but oh was it light and fluffy!

The Summit chair had not been spinning all week long, which meant there was over 40cm of untouched powder waiting for those who were willing to wait.

Not sure who was taking pictures of who? Puzzled

But the gullies were easily over 50cm and mid-thigh deep, blower, light fluffy, not quite cold smoke pow, but when it's that close, who is counting?

One of the best days on mtn. this season. It was snowing when I did one last hike up the Cone right before 1pm. Just do enjoy some knee deep goodness.

Looks like some more storminess in the cards for over night and a Monday evening/Tuesday morning refresh on tap.
snow conditions
@Toadman, snowHead snowHead
latest report
@Toadman, great pics , send some pow north please , lovely sunny days in whistler skiing chalky old snow , low temps keeping things in good nic , but some new snow would be nice
snow report
Gee, what a difference 12 hours makes. Was skiing the lightest pow of the season yesterday, until I laid tracks this morning. Toofy Grin Forecasters got it wrong in a good way. Were only forecasting a few centimeters over night, which turned into about 18cm for the morning session. Even lighter than yesterday. First hour was really good. A bit of a wind out of the South but viz was good. Then the clouds started to roll in and the viz went to crap. But man, was the snow just dry, light goodness! Rode the chair with a ski instructor who said it was easily the lightest of the season.

Summit chair never got going but had crazy good turns in the trees and along the main runs off the frontside and down Outback. Low crowds, probably because of the time change. Heck, I missed the first chairs, but no need to rush. Several times just me on the chair or one other person. Lots of empty chairs. Forecast still calling for another round of snow around Monday night into Tuesday.

Sorry no pics today.

Okay, just one from yesterday, which was very close to this morning

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 10-03-19 22:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@Toadman, Are you anywhere near Sun Peaks ? I'm looking for info on ski touring routes in the area, day tours.
latest report
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
@Toadman, Are you anywhere near Sun Peaks ? I'm looking for info on ski touring routes in the area, day tours.

No, I'm down in Central Oregon. Not familiar with that neck of the woods.
ski holidays
@Toadman, Cheers, not to worry Smile
snow report
Toadman,
hi buddy I,m roadtripping in april up through the eastern cascades , staying in san fransisco 3 nights , mount Shasta 2 nights , prospect 1 night , bend 3 nights and timberline 3 nights on the way up .
would like to know what ski areas there are including the little ones .
im thinking Shasta , mount Ashland , batchelor , hoodoo , and timberline itself , are ther any that's worth a visit that ive missed out , or not to bother with , would very much appreciate any insider advise .
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
winter is back here in whistler , started snowing at 8am and hasn't stopped , 7cm forecasted but going to be at least a 30cm of light cold snow , skied the trees today as viz was poor but tomorrow will be good !!!
snow conditions
Definitely Bachelor and Mt Hood Meadows. Bachelor has great cruising and tree skiing, and all high speed lifts. All it lacks is steeps. MTM has a little of everything. T-line is pretty meh, except in summer when we'll take anything. If you are a movie buff, its Lodge was in The Shining. You didn't say how far north you're going, but Crystal Mtn. is the best expert skiing in WA or OR (I'm a passholder at Mt B and CM). Willamette Pass is ok but very small, and Ashland and Hoodoo are getting pretty far down the list unless you like little backwater areas, nothing wrong with that. If going up US 97 from Shasta to Bend/Mt B, don't speed around the Crater Lake area, a notorious speed trap. Sounds like a fun trip no matter where you go.
latest report
f1l wrote:
Toadman,
hi buddy I,m roadtripping in april up through the eastern cascades , staying in san fransisco 3 nights , mount Shasta 2 nights , prospect 1 night , bend 3 nights and timberline 3 nights on the way up .
would like to know what ski areas there are including the little ones .
im thinking Shasta , mount Ashland , batchelor , hoodoo , and timberline itself , are ther any that's worth a visit that ive missed out , or not to bother with , would very much appreciate any insider advise .

You pretty much hit the highlights. If you haven't been to Bend, then you will enjoy the town. Hoodoo is good for a day to poke around with the retro vibe. Mt. Bachelor is fun, and lots of terrain off the Summit when the summit chair is spinning. Lots of tree skiing if that's your thing, just be aware of the tree wells.

Mt Hood Meadows is better than Timberline. And if your plans allow, Crystal Mtn, still holds a very special place in my heart. Best not to talk about it too much and let word get out. Now that I think about it, best not to drive all the way up there to ski that little hill...
snow conditions
Thanks for the advice much appreciated Especially about the speed traps ha ha
I’m not heading much further north than the Columbia river after timberline it’s across to the coast on the 101 back down to san fransisco
Maybe crystal mountain for another trip
snow report
Looks like there's a storm brewing off the Pacific. It's off the Central/Northern parts of California into Southern Oregon. A high pressure is keeping it on a slower march toward land fall. Currently GFS has it tracking more toward the Sierras and then heading due West into the Wasatch and then on ward into Colorado around Thursday evening into Friday. The storm will be on the weaker side as the energy will be diffused as it comes ashore and meanders its way through the Cascades around Friday into Saturday. High clouds and a few centimeters of fresh will be on tap for first turns on Saturday in the PNW.

Meanwhile the snow pack in the Oregon Cascades is at about 115% of normal. Washington state trails behind as most of the March storms tracked further South, leaving the WA Cascades at about 80% of normal up North and close to 100% down to the Southern portions. California takes the cake with 138%+ of normal. Utah and Colorado also above 120% of normal for most ski areas.
snow report
Lightly snowing this morning above 1,500 meters in the Southern Cascades. Weak energy will see a continuation of snow showers throughout the day and into Friday. Friday evening with cooling temps will see off and on snow showers into Saturday. Forecast accumulation around 10cm-20cm.
snow report
temps hit 28'c in Squamish yesterday , on my way home now , fingers crossed for a change in the weather for whistler as it feels like spring came real early this year , still a good base so good skiing to be had but some very complex backcountry conditions developing
ski holidays
Clouds are starting to roll in for the South Cascade range. Temps right about freezing at the base. Forecast calling for snow flurries later this afternoon, and possibly 10cm overnight to refresh the slopes. Temps will warm up on Sunday and then return to wet and warm mid-next week.
snow conditions
Low crowds and a few inches of fresh with a bit of wind blown made for some soft turns.

Got some decent untracked turns in and the visibility was good with sun poking in and out throughout the morning.

24 hour gas near me
snow conditions
Woke up to snow this morning. Was not expecting to see it but it has been snowing in the Cascades for the past few hours, around 6am PST). Should continue into the early afternoon before tapering off. Good day to get some soft turns in today for those lucky enough not to have to work. (I am not so lucky!)
latest report
Snowy conditions for the Central Cascade range. Snowing currently with about 5cm on the slopes. Looking a bit further out, Monday and Tuesday will see about 10cm a day to refresh the slopes. And then a bit further out into next weekend, there remains the possibility for an April storm to provide some nice Spring powder for the PNW.
snow report
Awesome Spring conditions this morning.

Got first tracks off the Summit chair. Nice, light, dry and fluffy.

North facing slopes held some nice deep wind loaded goodness. Lapped that area until my legs were done.

Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy