Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amis and chalets in La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got any experience or reviews on Ski Amis? And la Tania over Snow Retreat as a chalet operator? Looking at both options and also Mountain Heaven, Ski Beat etc.

Appreciate value is relative, and Snow Retreat looks great value, but Ski Amis has some lovely looking places (and sauna/hot tub - am I being a nob thinking they could be lush with a glass of wine after a long day)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Lucywuk, just posted a response to this on the other thread you posted it on
snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've stayed with Ski Amis twice in recent years with the kids. You'd not go hungry! Friendly, efficient company and I'd go again with them but we're trying somewhere new this winter.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’ve always heard good things about them. I’ve been very close to booking with them twice but for one reason or another went with a different option. They tend to have generally good reviews on Trip Advisor and the like.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've stayed at their Chalet Balkiss in La Tania twice a few years ago and was happy with Ski Amis and their service. It was a decent location and I love the feel of La Tania. I've not had experience of the other tour operators to compare but I would definitely be happy to consider them again.
The Chalet Balkiss outdoor hot tub was very cool with a great view out in to the valley!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed with ski amis at easter in les menuires. I was really impressed, they’ve got the operating model down to a T. Smallish bedrooms (because you’re never there), huge portions of decent food, separate kids meals served a bit earlier with relatively simple food, fireplace, hot tub and friendly staff (generally couples).its not a high end luxury operator but had everything we needed at a good price point.

We liked it so much we’ve booked a whole chalet for easter 2019 with a load of friends.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed in Chalet Christine (bit basic) at La Tania for the New Year a few years ago. We`d been in Morzine for Xmas where the snow was so awful we decided to stay on in the Alps for the New Year given the predicted snowfall. So finding a good deal (confirmed on Xmas Day by Ski Amis) we drove from Morzine (leaving mid morning) to La Tania through Snowmeggdon! I have to say that Ski Amis remained available by phone throughout the nightmare journey, indeed all through the night for those who did not make to resort till the next day. In fact I just found my communications with Christine at Ski Ami, its timed at 3.30 am when she was confirming we had safely arrived at the chalet in La Tania! Their communications and service in an extraordinarily difficult set of circumstances was excellent. Their resort manager actually found us as we drove into resort in dreadful conditions, and guided us to the chalet. Upon arrival at our chalet we were served with a hot meal, and wine (tea for my elderly Aunt) by staff who had clearly been dozing on the sofa rather than giving up and going to bed! The resort staff got no proper sleep that night yet still provided breakfast with a smile, even though shattered guests were still arriving. Now the chalet staff were young, and inexperienced, meals were not always wonderful and we did have to wait a very long time one evening for them to adequately cook the potatoes lol. But the food was always edible, often surprisingly good and the attitude of the chalet staff was unfailingly polite with a willingness to help in any way they could. Critically when the chips were down the UK management did not go to bed and leave those in the Alps to their own devices, the staff did not abandon their posts and everyone worked hard to get the best results possible under difficult conditions. I found Ski Amis a very honest Company to do business with, our deal for that New Year was good value for money, I was given a very good understanding of what the chalet would be like and where it was located. I would not hesitate to book with them again if what they offered appeared to meet with what I was looking for!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Perfect. Booked a Black Friday deal in Chalet Balkiss. Can’t wait for the skiing, hot tub, sauna and food.
We usually go cheap as possible so this is a mega step up. Nearly booked chalet Christine but last minute went posh
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We stayed with them in La Tania a couple of years ago and would agree with comments here. The chalet was warm, comfortable and we were well fed. Haven’t been back as we prefer Austrian resorts - prices on the slopes in Trois Vallees were very varied so you had to plan the day much more than in Saalbach or the Ski Amade.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Lucywuk, good choice for a great base to explore the 3V.
Those Ski Amis deals for some of their off peak weeks look good value.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

We stayed in Chalet Christine (bit basic) at La Tania for the New Year a few years ago. We`d been in Morzine for Xmas where the snow was so awful we decided to stay on in the Alps for the New Year given the predicted snowfall. So finding a good deal (confirmed on Xmas Day by Ski Amis) we drove from Morzine (leaving mid morning) to La Tania through Snowmeggdon! I have to say that Ski Amis remained available by phone throughout the nightmare journey, indeed all through the night for those who did not make to resort till the next day. In fact I just found my communications with Christine at Ski Ami, its timed at 3.30 am when she was confirming we had safely arrived at the chalet in La Tania! Their communications and service in an extraordinarily difficult set of circumstances was excellent. Their resort manager actually found us as we drove into resort in dreadful conditions, and guided us to the chalet. Upon arrival at our chalet we were served with a hot meal, and wine (tea for my elderly Aunt) by staff who had clearly been dozing on the sofa rather than giving up and going to bed! The resort staff got no proper sleep that night yet still provided breakfast with a smile, even though shattered guests were still arriving. Now the chalet staff were young, and inexperienced, meals were not always wonderful and we did have to wait a very long time one evening for them to adequately cook the potatoes lol. But the food was always edible, often surprisingly good and the attitude of the chalet staff was unfailingly polite with a willingness to help in any way they could. Critically when the chips were down the UK management did not go to bed and leave those in the Alps to their own devices, the staff did not abandon their posts and everyone worked hard to get the best results possible under difficult conditions. I found Ski Amis a very honest Company to do business with, our deal for that New Year was good value for money, I was given a very good understanding of what the chalet would be like and where it was located. I would not hesitate to book with them again if what they offered appeared to meet with what I was looking for!

If I was running SkiAmis that statement would make my day , the fact that the staff were available and you remember it is a testimony of a well run company and No I have never tarvelled with them
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lucywuk wrote:
Perfect. Booked a Black Friday deal in Chalet Balkiss. Can’t wait for the skiing, hot tub, sauna and food.
We usually go cheap as possible so this is a mega step up. Nearly booked chalet Christine but last minute went posh

Indeed, probably wise, although I believe Chalet Christine has had a makeover, the bedrooms were very small and room in the dining area was tight.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@gwatts10, I call it as I find it. There were several repeat customers in Chalet Christine the week we were there, that speaks for itself!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stayed with them a few times in La Tania ... always been brilliant with our group. Food excellent and happy attentive chalet hosts. Worth the little extra I think.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank you. So excited now.
ski holidays
Stayed with Ski Amis last year. Overall me and a friend were happy, but having stayed in a few more expensive chalets its a case of you get what you pay for. Food is home style food, plentiful and nice but nothing fancy. Same for the wines. The rooms were nice enough although a little small, and the hot tub was great! Felt sorry for our chalet hosts, who hadst had the best experience with their management and actually left the week after we stayed, so let their hair down a bit with us. Think as a company its run on a bit of a budget and they push their staff a lot.

Sounds a bit of a negative review, but I probably would stay there again if I wanted a cheaper chalet.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy