Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All - I am a regular skier and have been to most of the major resorts / areas. We are looking for something slightly different next year, and are thinking of going to Ski Amade area. I was wondering if any one can give me a review. We are 8 men, all been skiing for 25 plus years. Our requirement are a good varied ski area, we still like to acres with the best of them but probably not for so long these days or every night. If we do Ski Amade were would be the best place to stay and any advice would be appreciated. Cheers Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are several ski amade regulars on here who I'm sure will be along soon to give you the best advice.

I stayed in Wagrain near to the Flying Mozart gondola. Bit of a trek on foot to the village centre but we were near to the excellent apres bar Kuhstall, so didn't need to venture into the village often. From Wagrain you can ski over to the Alpendorf area via the Grafenburg gondola. Or via the Flying Mozart gondola, ski over to Flachau and then connect via skibus (I think) to Flachauwinkl. From there you can ski over to Zauchensee one way and Kleinarl the other. You also have the smaller area of Altenmarkt nearby though you would have to access via bus, taxi or car.

Flachau itself could be another good central base and has several restaurants, bars and apres venues. Accomodation here can be found in the main village or at the Achterjet gondola station area.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you have cars then the most central bases are Radstadt/Altenmarkt/Eben. But if not then somewhere in Flachau/Wagrain/Alpendorf or the Schladming valley would give you access to the largest lift-linked areas. Other options are Bad Hofgastein to be central to the Gasteins (but quite a trek from anywhere else) or Hochkönig. With cars you can visit them all in a week, you'd be spoilt for choice!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I stayed with two lovely Snowheads a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Thankfully Scarpa was happy to drive to a different place each day but I’d say a car is definitely worth the money. Most places have free parking and it’s a good way to ski a wider area.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I pretty much agree with what @queenie pretty please says. If I didn’t have a car I’d probably stay in Flachau/Wagrain or Schladming. These give direct access to the most skiing. If you decide not to have a car make sure you use the ski bus to get to Flachauwinkl/Kleinarl/Zauchensee from Flachau/Wagrain and/or Fageralm from Schladming.

If do have a car fill your boots and visit everywhere!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gastein valley well worth considering. Huge area of skiing, massive selection of accommodation and very accessible from Salzburg. Alternatively flights to Munich with slightly longer transfers.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’ve done a couple of weeks in previous years plus a long weekend with a few Snowheads around Radstadt and Altenmarkt. Last season I did four weeks out there and drove out and made quite good use of the Salzburg Superski pass. I’ve always thought that a car is invaluable and wouldn’t consider being without one, but do accept that it’s possible to use the buses if based in the right resort. It’s a great area and I’d agree with @queenie pretty please’s summing up. I might even be around next season to meet up if you decide to go there. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What about Saalbach, its such a huge area and enough to keep you busy there easily for a week if you dont have a car, otherwise what everyone else has said really, base yourself somewhere like Altenmarkt/Radstadt/Schladming and just change resorts daily to follow the weather!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quick hijack of this thread, rather than starting a new one (sorry).

We are a group of 9 adults heading out to Schladming in January. All decent level boarders (plus one skier), but it's just a short trip and more of a social really. I was just looking at lift passes and it seems it's cheaper buying full Amade 3 day passes, rather than local passes for 3 individual days (if that makes sense). Have I read that correctly?

Any advice regards decent bars etc is also much appreciated Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@porkpiefox, there is no local pass (as far as I am aware). the day passes are full Amade. It you buy a 3 day ticket you save about 2 euros
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@porkpiefox, A day pass is for that mountain only, so if you bought a day pass for Schladming, you can't ski the afternoon in Zauchensee - for example. Buy the full 3 day Amade pass. Ange.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@holidayloverxx, Ah ok thank you, I thought I might be reading it wrongly. If it's even close in price then we might as well go for the full area pass anyway (which is what we normally do).

Being mostly boarders, we can be a bit lazy some days though Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@flangesax, Thanks Ange, much appreciated.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
flangesax wrote:
@porkpiefox, A day pass is for that mountain only, so if you bought a day pass for Schladming, you can't ski the afternoon in Zauchensee - for example. Buy the full 3 day Amade pass. Ange.

Ooh - i didn't know that. just noticed it says "valid at the region Schladming-Dachstein" at the top of the price list.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@holidayloverxx, a mate was caught out once - morning at Reiteralm, afternoon at Radstadt - different areas so no no. I dont know how local it goes - as in - within lift companies only. Radstadt/Zauchansee is ok as its one company, but I don't think Zauchensee/Flachau as that's two different companies. Ange
snow report
@flangesax, "All ski passes up to one day are valid only in the ski resort Snow Space Salzburg – Flachau, Wagrain, St. Johann."
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, so stick to the same mountain if buying a day pass then - don't go wandering off! Ange
snow report
@flangesax, that's the message loud and clear! luckily I have a season pass snowHead
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, bought all of ours today! Family Turner are ready to go - almost - after the 'hardware faff'! Ange snowHead
snow conditions
@flangesax, Has there been some faff? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@geepee, oh yes, we do an excellent pre-season clothing and hardware faff. This year we have the added faff of telemarking - see videos on other thread/fb for full faff enjoyment! Ange Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy