Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Engelberg with kids just after NY?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’d love some opinions.

Looking for somewhere to grab 4-5 nights between NY and the kids starting school again. Very well aware it is very busy and snow may not be ideal, so looking for places with shortish transfers and lots of hotel accommodation which we may be able to grab last minute.

Engelberg fits the bill in terms of flights to Zurich and hotel accommodation at a reasonable budget. But we won’t make full use of its main strengths (the off piste and nightlife) and I gather the lift queues may be horrendous.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or can you reassure me? Kids are 10 and 12 and have 5 weeks skiing under their belts so most reds are fine; ice might be a different kettle of fish; they’ve only been at Easter so far Laughing

Thanks all!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tricky one to be honest. With only 7 weeks to go I'd be booking anywhere that had suitable accommodation. Might be worth trying somewhere a little less well-known like Meiringen?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had a thread asking a similar question re a short weekend from Zurich in mid-Jan. I ended up up with a shortlist of Davos/Klosters, Flims/Laax, Andermattt, Lenzerheide/Arosa and even the Arlberg in Austria. With 4-5 nights at your disposal I think you will have some good options from Zurich. My main issue following up from the good tips I got was finding suitable accommodation as noted above. Could be that properties don't like booking shorter than 1 week stays and straight after NY that will definitely be an issue.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am an Engelberg regular of 17 years, my kids all learnt to ski there and it is our 'home' mountain. I wouldn't put it at the top of my list for resorts at that time of year, it is busy at Xmas and half term but the new Titlis Express has helped the queuing at busy times.

The pistes are fairly steep and undulating and if there is not a lot of snow I wouldn't recommend it for kids with only 5 weeks skiing experience.

Wait and see where the snow is good. Right now Eberg has little snow, Andermatt/Sedrun has more but I would recommend you stay in Sedrun as it accesses much easier skiing, it is harder to get to though in terms of transfer.

Glacier 3000 is close to Geneva and may be better option if you want to stay in CH https://www.glacier3000.ch/en
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy