Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel 1650. 23 March. 1 place available, 3 already going

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi.

I'd love to get back to 3 Valleys next year(as well as Cervinia for the first time)

I've found flights from Birmingham to Lyon for £83 return. I couldn't find transfers, but car Hire is availble for under £200 for a week.

This apartemnt sleeps up to 5, and is just a stones throw from slopes, restaurants and shops. It's £857. https://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/courchevel/9009811

6 day pass is £259, so everything comes to just £607.

I've done this type of trip before, and if people wanted - I'd look at getting an extra days skiing, by flying back sunday(Flying out Sat and back Sun is £102 return), then bookig a B&B somewhere between Courchevel and Lyon.

I've looked at Meribel and La Tania, but unlike this, they don't have apartments so close to a multitude of places to eat, and shops etc.

I'm fairly competent, and can handle anything on piste.

Anyone fancy it?

There are plenty of Alternatives. This is availabel on Booking.com. It sleeps 4, but only really suitable for 3 unless a couple went. Even with just 3 going, it's cheaper than the one above: http://www.booking.com/Share-2v00iV

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 15-12-18 17:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi. I am interested but is the location set in stone yet. I am in the same situation got a few pals who I usually do a lads week with but they have nearly all bailed out on me this year. There could be 2 possible 3 of us but we have battered 3 valleys done about 7 weeks there staying over at val thorens and Les menuire. Really interested but not sure about 3 Valleys. Not sure how lively Courchevel is at night. We would be flying from Manchester or Newcastle. Dates and prices look good
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
made for it wrote:
Hi. I am interested but is the location set in stone yet. I am in the same situation got a few pals who I usually do a lads week with but they have nearly all bailed out on me this year. There could be 2 possible 3 of us but we have battered 3 valleys done about 7 weeks there staying over at val thorens and Les menuire. Really interested but not sure about 3 Valleys. Not sure how lively Courchevel is at night. We would be flying from Manchester or Newcastle. Dates and prices look good

Hi.

No, location or even date isn't set in stone.

I just thought where I'd most like to ski(and 3 Valleys is my favourite, but only been twice). Courchevel 1650 looked good, because there's about a dozen places to eat, and a 2 good bars.

I've put a post up to ski Cervinia(longest skin run in Europe, plus Zermatt in the lift pass too) in January, and this one to ski Courchevel in March. I'm in Twickenham on 16th March for England v Scotland, so any other weeks I'm free. I could try and get to 3 Valleys earlier, and Cervinia later. Like I said, no one has commited yet to either.

I also considered going back to Les Deux Alpes, or Tignes/Val d'Isere. Would consider other high resorts too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi guys, not sure if you are still looking but I have 6 spots on my ski trip. 23rd March in Val Thorens

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=140151

We are 8 guys so far. A friend of a friend decided to have his stag do the same week so we had 6 drop outs.

Let me know if your keen!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tadders wrote:
Hi guys, not sure if you are still looking but I have 6 spots on my ski trip. 23rd March in Val Thorens

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=140151

We are 8 guys so far. A friend of a friend decided to have his stag do the same week so we had 6 drop outs.

Let me know if your keen!

Hi Tadders.

Thanks for the offer.

Personally, I'm not too keen on catered chalet. I just don't mind getting myself a bit of egg, bacon and real coffee in the morning. I like going out in the evening, what whatever the group fancy. I tried Catered chalet just once, and to be fair, the food was good. I heard horror stories from the others though. It's just a bit regimented for me, ie no choice of menu, or eating times.

In the event I can't find others to join to me, and you still have a place - then yeah, I would be interested. Also, I guess you're using a London airport, which is also not so good for me.

Good luck filling your places. You never know, I might just have to get in touch nearer the time.

Steve.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy