Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted: Dakine Fall Line 175 or similar

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a bag to fly with one pair of 176cm skis, boots, (helmet?) and clothes. Anything else will go in hand luggage as trying to avoid a hold bag if pos.

Dakine Fall Line 175cm seems to fit the bill but have read that the newer versions only have one boot pocket (does that matter?)

Don’t mind used if in good condition and price is right, or if anyone spots any decent Black Friday deals please share the links Smile
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got one, but it isn't for sale. Unless they've changed the size of the boot pocket, one pocket means that you'd only be able to store one boot - which doesn't make a whole lot of sense!
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davehas, you're sort of right there except the pocket isnt a boot pocket anymore. I have both the older Low Roller snowboard bag and a new Fall line. Essentially the same thing..but...

They have indeed removed one of the external pockets on the new models and changed the purpose. Shame, as the two lockable external pockets were super useful.

The external pocket on the Fall Line is no longer lockable and to accommodate boots there is now a waterproof boot bag which goes inside at the wheel end, on top of your skis..... It works, its just a step backwards. They've obviously cut corners due to price pressures, like many companies.

The Fall Line is roomy, so much so that if you're just putting in a pair of ski's you will definitely want to secure them somehow. There are no internal straps. Personally, I'm using some pipe insulation on the edges.

I got a brand new current season Fall Line for the keen price of £76.46 inc delivery the week before last. It's camo because they were the only ones with such a big reduction. To be honest I ordered without checking online reviews of the store, and felt lucky to receive it at all after having done so... On that basis I'm reluctant to recommend the shop I bought from (plus their Black Friday discount code doesnt appear to work on the Fall Line bag-just checked), but there are deals out there.

If I could have found one, I'd have gone for a new old stock older version or better still, the ski locker posh version, the name of which escapes me. They come up on auction sites used from time to time.

Hope this helps. PM me if you have questions on that particular bag.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @davehas, I have a 175cm Fall Line available. PM me your email address and I will forward some pics.

Nick
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Martin_&_Ami thanks so much for the lowdown on the bag. I figured the same regards the boot pockets. On the plus side at least I only need one padlock now!

@big_ben Nick thanks for the offer but too late as I snapped up one I found online in a sale at the weekend.

If I may, a quick shout out to three online retailers I’ve had a good buying experience with recently:
glisshop.co.uk
glideslide.co.uk
devineride.co.uk
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy