Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2018-2019

Poster: A snowHead
I may head up to Obertauern tomorrow morning. Hopefully it won't be too crowded on the open slopes.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Scarpa, tomorrow is probably the best bet. Last year Planai opened on a Friday and was empty. Zauchensee opened on a Saturday and was hellish.

I have Sunday free, sadly not tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi everyone - can anyone help with these two questions (pretty please!)...
I am arriving on 23rd (Sun) and looking to stop off in Altenmarkt to pick up skis for the kids around lunchtime...
1) Any recommendation for a quick ski (2-3hrs) nearby eg is Zauchensee or Flauchau best - would be going on to Schladmingfor Xmas but thought worth trying somewhere nearby before I can checkin to the apartment (we can ski anything but its first day of our winter!)
2) After the ski (again to fill up time) I want to do a shop - if possible the big shop - any thoughts about Sunday opening for the supermarkets in Altenmarkt (currently none say they are open on Sundays, but I assume different in winter season? I hope!). As the next day is Xmas eve/24th.. any thoughts (ie warnings) about supermarket opening in general in Schladming?

thanks in advance for any thoughts!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Wildsmith, I live in Altenmarkt. All ski areas will be open by 23rd December, so take your pick. The nearest is Altenmarkt/Radstadt itself, Flachau is 5 minutes drive and Zauchensee 10 minutes.

Supermarkets open on Sunday during the winter season for 3 hours in the afternoon, usually 15:00-18:00.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, @queenie pretty please
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A quick forest ride up to the Eben slopes. Eben is one of the last resorts to open each year so they have plenty of time for further snow making.

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Wildsmith, Altenmarkt/Radstadt is the perfect size for a couple of hours and extremely convenient for Schladming.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Obertauern today was lovely snowHead

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Wildsmith, Billa is open on Sundays 9.00-13.00 and the Spar in town opens from 14.00- 18.00. There is a huge Hofer (Aldi) in Radstadt I think that opened from 10-14.00: There is also a massive new Lidl opening up in Altenmarkt in a few weeks, that will also be open on Sunday but I dont know the hours yet!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Wildsmith, Billa is open on Sundays 9.00-13.00 and the Spar in town opens from 14.00- 18.00. There is a huge Hofer (Aldi) in Radstadt I think that opened from 10-14.00: There is also a massive new Lidl opening up in Altenmarkt in a few weeks, that will also be open on Sunday but I dont know the hours yet!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Scarpa, The big O should have its own thread wink it’s not in the Ski Amadé Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Timberwolf, True... but it's close enough Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarpa wrote:
@Timberwolf, True... but it's close enough Toofy Grin

It was all I could come up with as an alternative to “you jammy barsteward” Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Timberwolf, But that would mean you would have two threads to look at all my jammy pics NehNeh
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowing here in Radstadt, everything is looking very white, happy days. Ange snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
thanks @Kooky, thanks @hammerite, and thanks all for all/any snowy pictures and updates!
ski holidays
Had another lovely afternoon skiing snowHead
snow report
Oh... our garden in Eben this morning.

snow conditions
Scarpa wrote:
Had another lovely afternoon skiing snowHead

Carry on like that you jammy bügger and you will be less popular round 'ere than that bloke who went to siberia recently. wink
latest report
Keep the updates coming. I seem to have just purchased a season ticket. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Quote:

I seem to have just purchased a season ticket

That's on my list for tomorrow snowHead
snow report
Mine is in my travel wallet ready for saturday
ski holidays
Went skiing at Flachau yesterday and today with the gang. An amazing job has been done with cannon and sky-fall snow, the top is totally covered and open, and the Rote 8er is open to valley. Loads of snow is due. Happy days! Ange snowHead
snow report
@flangesax, excellent day.
latest report
The forecast says mild and drizzly today, then turning colder to SNOW ALL WEEK!
latest report
@queenie pretty please, Excellent news. Perfect timing.
latest report
In the Amade region the current higher temps have not seemed to affect the pistes, more are opening now, and with the coming cold snap I am hoping that the forest base freezes well and sets up the season. The only problem is that there are still too many rocks and branches protruding so for the first couple of dumps it may be advisable to dig out your older all mountain or fat skis for off piste, unless you are rich or enjoy carrying out base repairs.
latest report
Anyone going to be at the Krampus Party in Obertauern this coming weekend?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@DB, Tarquin might be - PM him
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
@DB, Tarquin might be - PM him

Thanks PM sent.
latest report
A few pics from my afternoon at crowded Flachau today Laughing Laughing Laughing

ski holidays

latest report
Nice
ski holidays
Excellent. Thanks.
snow report
@Scarpa, Looks rubbish, don't know why you bothered going up....
ski holidays
Come on @Scarpa, how is it ?? Cool
snow report
Wife's out clearing the drive of about 20/30cm fresh!

Heading up to Zauchensee this morning for quick play about in the (dare I say it) POW!!

I watched a video yesterday on the Zauchensee FB page of their skiers having a play on the Itinerary Red (10??), looks like there has been enough up there to constitute a base so it's all go!
ski holidays
About 75cm of fresh in the forests Toofy Grin
snow report
I'm putting you all on ignore!
snow report
Flights booked Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy