Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2018-2019

Poster: A snowHead
@Grizzler, the weather looks great next week!lots of sun, a wee bit warm but there is just SO much snow! Make sure you visit the Moosalm and Holzwurm( both have proper home made food)and if you want to go a bit fancy, the Hotel Happy Filzmoos in the center of town have some of the best food in the area, not tomention a killer Gin menu Madeye-Smiley

Yesterday, Thursday, was a dream. Beautiful knee deep powder, so light and fluffy. Scarpa, Waynos and me did a big hike up a bowl at the back of Zauchensee and found it was completely untracked, serious amount of whooping on the descent. Today I went up expecting more of the same but the temps are just that bit warmer and I have to say I found it very tiring out there, left the boys to it and if any of you are on FB, there are some pretty funny photos doing the rounds Laughing Laughing There is just so much snow about at the moment, I definitely think we will be skiing in june like we did a few seasons ago!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks @Kooky.
Lovely 1st day today, though so hot and sunny we all gave up pretty early. Choppy fast spring snow turned suddenly to grabby, turned to slow turned to no forward progress possible by 2pm - but had lots of fun until then snowHead and then, well, you know, just had to relax in the sun with a few beers.
May be small, but enough to have a good day around the various lifts and areas (and repeat x 5 more, we hope).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Grizzler, you might be interested to know that there is a ski bus that goes from Filzmoos to Flachau and Flachauwinkl on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Not sure of the exact timings but you can get details at the tourist office if you fancy a change of scenery.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bobbev999, thanks, yes, found out about that. 9.15 out (which on the late season main skibus timetable is now way before the 1st ski bus down!), 4 something back. Only 1 each way, so can't miss it!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't remember who asked but I got a Mobile Internet from TCOM Trattner in Radstadt. €70 for the Hotspot Device and then on PAYG it is €28 for a 28 day period for unlimited Broadband over Mobile and only pay when you need it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@panaga52, it was me. I got the A1 net cube for €70 and it's PAYG at €27 for 1 month unlimited data. I had to go to Radstadt to register the SIM and the nice man in the TCOM shop activated it for me. Much the same as you have got.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Despite a day and another morning of light to moderate snow, it's melting off fast at the lower slopes. I've watched the grass appear over the few days I've been here. Even seen a full depth (of field covering) horizontal slab break off on the 'black' run today. Cooler than Sunday, but still heavy slushy spring conditions (though hardpack 1st thing) and hills empty by 2.30pm. Meant to be getting sunnier and warmer again now, too.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Grizzler, that 'black' run has been closed since January. There was a slab avalanche on it which was pretty much irreparable.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@queenie pretty please, yes, I gathered that it wasn't open; clearly it likes to slab slide as it did it again today (though not much on it to go or cause a problem for those on pistes below). Some people had been putting tracks down it over the last few days, so I don't know if it was retriggered.
Wish that I'd taken a photo: just looked so odd with this big patch of green and a perfectly horizontal shear line. Great example for the technical books.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ta @kooky and @scarpa for great ski company for a some fantastic powder sessions at zauch. 4 full on pow days with a spring weekend in the middle. Enough pounding powder to assign my 9 season old ski boots to the dustbin. Next trip (not far away) hopefully the @flangesaxes will be able to join us.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@waynos, it really was special wasn't it Madeye-Smiley I still think Line of the Season goes to Scarpa tho Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Top skiing and great company. Probably the steepest terrain I've seen you do Kooky, and all cliffs were successfully circumvented.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Team Amade. I have already had a number of enquiries for next season bookings and I really need to find someone with a larger 10-12 Bed Apartment for potential clients. If you are interested in coming aboard please DM me and we can chat.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some great morning skiing Schladming end at the moment, gets a bit slushy after 1pm but it's still great fun to blast through.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Never known coverage this good this time of year.

Runs that normally would have closed a couple of weeks ago still going strong.
latest report

We had our last day up on Zauchensee/Flachauwinkl yesterday, blazing sun and gloriously empty pistes, there is still so much snow if you know where to go I think we will be touring well into May, although some of us would do well to remember the sun cream rolling eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Another fabulous season. It seems to have gone by in the blink of an eye. Time flies when you're having fun. Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
Cool
latest report
So a new thread for 2019-20 is somewhat premature. But I am pleased to report that it is snowing up at Dachstein and it's cold and drizzly in the valley. Winter is on its way!
ski holidays
Ideal for a late summer visit ??
ski holidays
@Timberwolf, it's pretty grim here this weekend. Next weekend looks a bit better.
snow report
@queenie pretty please, thanks mate
snow conditions
ski holidays
Zauchensee this morning...

latest report
@queenie pretty please,
Encouraging!
snow conditions
queenie pretty please wrote:
So a new thread for 2019-20 is somewhat premature. But I am pleased to report that it is snowing up at Dachstein and it's cold and drizzly in the valley. Winter is on its way!

is it too early now ? snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
As soon as the snow falls, I reckon! Could be this week - it's gone from sunny warm 20, to rainy cold and miserable! Ange snowHead
snow report
@flangesax, Wednesday looks cold enough for snow at Zauchensee.

Who will be thread monitor this year?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
7 weeks on Thursday......soon be here...bought the season passes the other day
ski holidays
I think timberwolf should start it, he puts in excellent holiday hours and probably follows the webcams more than us! Ange.
snow report
@flangesax, good call! @Timberwolf, over to you chap...

In fairness we don"t really need to look at webcams, we can look out of the window... wink
snow report
So jealous of those that can just 'lookout of the window' Smile

I bought a Salzburg super pass the other day as am skiing wider than just ski amade this season. Will be good to spread my wings, but does make it more expensive!

First hol is week before Xmas in Schladming with my 18yo.

Cheers
Kev
latest report
Flights booked to SZG for December 21st so fingers crossed for a snowy Christmas snowHead
ski holidays
@Timberwolf, its happening - do it!!!!! Ange snowHead
ski holidays
@Timberwolf, you have been nominated. Chop chop!
snow report
'tis done Embarassed
latest report
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=149175&highlight=

closing this one
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy