Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2018-2019

Poster: A snowHead
holidayloverxx wrote:
@o11y, No...hasn't been in the 8 years I have been there

oohhh... may need to do some apologising to the kids then Embarassed . Is there anywhere close that does it? Schladming?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Timberwolf wrote:
...................... I dislocated my shoulder on Sunday afternoon ( ouchy )...................

3 weeks today, I will be back in the Ski Amade, so I had better crack on with the physiotherapy Toofy Grin

New snow forecast early next week ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@o11y, Obertauern is the only place I can think of, but you have to pay for a lift pass for night skiing. It's not included on the Salzburg Super pass.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Timberwolf, after telling everyone that March is great for sunny skiing, the forecast is looking like snowmageddon revisited!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@queenie pretty please, I'll hold you to that x
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@queenie pretty please, not impressed with next weeks forecast esp after new year disappointment, mountains eh?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@holidayloverxx, yes I have a week off to work on my goggle tan. Guess that's not going to happen. rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@queenie pretty please, hey ho, liaise on arrival
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@o11y, Hochwurzen for night skiing, also rodelbahn.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks @queenie pretty please, @holidayloverxx, i will not mention it and hope they forget.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@o11y, don't get excited when you see the Herman Maier World Cup piste lit up, it always is at night
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@cad99uk, Thanks.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There is always Forstau with a head torch Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@queenie pretty please, what forecast are you looking at? I looked at Bergfex, I know , I know rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes and it dosnt look too shabby at all!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I just remembered, there is a very easy night tour to the Brandalm, Ramsau on Thursday if anyone is interested. It is also suitable to just walk up with hiking boots/snowshoes and sledge down. It really is easy, takes about 1hour to 1.20, the views are well worth it, just pm me if any of you are interested and we can arrange a meeting point. Best time to head up is about 17.30 to catch the sunset, but some people tour up much later, the hut is open until about midnight on tour nights. Its also suitable for kids if you want them to experience the mountains at night!
snow report
@Kooky, Oooh....but I have no idea how to do it!

Wednesday is schladming. Mickie Krause in at the hohenhaus tenne at apres time

Even better..he is then coming to Yetis in Flachau on Wednesday night! Yay!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 3-03-19 10:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Kooky,

ens-image-php

Looks kinda rainy/snowy to me!
snow report
@queenie pretty please, looks like my heart monitor on an uphill walk snowHead
snow report
@holidayloverxx, I have spare skis, it's such a flat short tour you can do it in Alpine boots, you are very welcome to borrow the skis. I have also seen people going up in full x country gear too, but as I said, many just walk up and borrow a sledge for the way down, it's always a good night!
snow conditions
@Kooky, no to sledging!!...but maybe yes to touring if the weather is ok
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, wise decision
ski holidays
@Frosty the Snowman, I have enough opportunity to break myself...I don't need another. Now...skiing down in the dark..hmmm
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
@holidayloverxx, wise decision
Hear hear!
latest report
We actually have a few spare touring skis here as long as boot soles lengths don't exceed 320mm (about a size 9-10).
snow report
Hello All,

After a very successful and ongoing season I have a number of "Returners" for next year. Does anyone have Flachau 12 Bed Apartment/Chalet (Self Catering/HB) options with availability for week 22-29 Feb 20. Dutch families, self drive so Radstadt/Altenmarkt might be an option? I'm already booked up that week.

Usual suspects, I've got your links but if anyone can PM me additional suggestions that would be great. Not after commission by the way Very Happy
latest report
@holidayloverxx, we had lunch at Lisa Alm today and absolutely loved it. The ribs were really good. Thanks for the recommendation.

Any recommendations over the Wagrain side of the g-link?
ski holidays
@o11y, excellent. Kreistenalm...g link to wagrain then over to alpendorf
snow conditions
@o11y, Krapfenalm for the best Doughnuts in Austria. Marked as Hut 15 on Piste Map, Follow Red 21 Piste and stay skiers Right. 1 between 2 at coffee break or 1 each for lunch. Winner every time, especially with Kids.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anybody got any bright ideas as to how I can get some cheap flights 1st weekend in April returning to the UK midweek. Surely it should be cheaper than £200 pax Sad
latest report
@Timberwolf, flying out 6th / 7th April?

First weekend of the Easter school holidays... ?
latest report
@Timberwolf, Nope. Managed to get some cheaper ones via Amsterdam last year but it doesn't come in any cheaper this time. Easter is a factor but so is the fact that you're under the 30 day point. If you went Wed-Sun instead it comes down to about £150 but no cheaper after Thu 4th right through until 20th.
snow report
something about the pricing structure into SZG has changed over the last year or two.......I'm offended........ or something..... #firstworldproblem .......on which soshal meeja platform should I vent ? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Flights to Munich look a bit cheaper
snow report
Thanks @NickyJ, I have looked at that, but the margins are not enough to compensate for the hassle for a 3/4 day trip
snow conditions
@Timberwolf, Just checked ours for Easter week and we managed £150 return. Jet 2 Outbound and Ryan Air Inbound and that was booking in Dec 18. 2 Bags between 4 each way. It is what it is I suppose.
snow report
Thanks @panaga52, £150 pax inc bags is OK I reckon Cool
snow report
panaga52 wrote:
@o11y, Krapfenalm for the best Doughnuts in Austria. Marked as Hut 15 on Piste Map, Follow Red 21 Piste and stay skiers Right. 1 between 2 at coffee break or 1 each for lunch. Winner every time, especially with Kids.

My first ski instructor took our group there in the mid 80's. The Krapfen were indeed excellent, though the sauerkraut option did not seem very popular Very Happy
snow conditions
We had about 10-15cm of fresh yesterday, a little more to come.
snow report
@Scarpa, 15cm ? sounds a little less than average ? wink wink Laughing
ski holidays
Slightly off topic, but I'll be in Filzmoos (yes I know, small) for the next week. Any tips re good instructors or anything else useful (bar the weather could be, um, mixed..?). Ta.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy