Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2018-2019

Poster: A snowHead
@seany1, Great pics. Thanks for posting.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Radstadt have been felling trees yesterday and today. The lifts needed to be delayed first thing whilst helicopters were helping out, they were up and running by 10am. The teams that have kept the roads clear and services running need a few crates of beer - an amazing job continues to be done. Very very impressive. Ange
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@flangesax, we are looking forward to being with you next weekend.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Us too, we have so much snow! Ange
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All gone a bit quiet on here, I'm guessing everyone is enjoying the epic conditions. 10 days of pretty great skiing done. Powder days for the first few days and a bit of sunshine over the weekend, (Plus a trip to Vienna for the Officer's Ball on the 18th!). Touring this week but been playing in the variables in Zauchensee and Off-Piste today. Great that the avalanche risk is now a bit more manageable.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Out today doing sone ski touring around schladming. Still some lovely untracked powder to be had.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@waynos, as long as you put the skins on right way round Laughing
Did the full moon ski tour last night, it was absolutely magical, I honestly don't think I have ever seen Forstau with such amazing conditions. The snow here is truly wonderful at the moment, dosnt matter where you go! We skied Annaberg on Sunday, technically on the SuperSki pass, but again, fabulous conditions although a few queues here and there nothing to complain about. If you are heading out here you are in for a treat Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi all, we are heading out to Flachau on 9 March staying in an apartment in Haus Amadeo. I am looking for a recommendation for the following if anyone can help?

1) Ski school for the kids for the week? Currently drifting towards the sportamjet ski school as they include 7 day ski hire which would suit our flights.

2) Cheap taxi firm to get us from Salzburg?

3) Any restaurant recommendations both on the hill and for the evening?

4) Is the Therme Amade worth a visit one evening?

5) Any recommended ski shops that can modify my boots?

Thanks
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@o11y,

1. My experience with sport am jet as not great but that was for a beginner. How experienced are the kids? I like Herman Maier ski school adn Fun Pro always look good with kids

2. Huber reisen. €50 euro return on a shared minibus - the price hasn't gone up for the 9 years I have been going, or get a quote for private book in advance http://www.huberreisen.at/e-online-flughafentransfer

3. In the village Wienstube for pizza and pasta - not far from you. Salzburger for burgers and pizza a bit further the other way, towards the village centre. Posh scran at Possruck, Zum Holzwurm, Schusterhausl and Hoagaast. On the mountain Auhofalm just above the middle station of the Flying Mozart, Sky lounge at the Achterjet, Lisa Alm below the achterjet skiers left

4. yes if you like that sort of thing

5. no experience but there is a recommended place in Altenmarkt - someone will be along that knows

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 22-01-19 14:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@holidayloverxx, As a matter of interest as you used the word "scran" (a well known Jackspeak word) in your post above do you have a Navy connection? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Alastair Pink, no - it's just from Sunderland/North generally I think
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@o11y,

1. @holidayloverxx, knows this stuff
2. Yep - Huber Reisen for a shared, or, any taxi outside the airport is €130 one way - our guests did this last week.
3. @holidayloverxx, knows
4. Yes, kids love it, its worth a trip.
5. Most shops should be able to help - we use Sport 2000 in Altenmarkt, Intersport in Altenmarkt is another good shop.

hth - happy holiday. Ange
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just got back from Schladming last week. My first visit to the area and I have to say we were very impressed.

Conditions were fantastic - wish we were still there, rather than being back in the office. Oh well, got to wait until a week on Friday before the next fix snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@o11y,

1. My experience with sport am jet as not great but that was for a beginner. How experienced are the kids? I like Herman Maier ski school adn Fun Pro always look good with kids

2. Huber reisen. €50 euro return on a shared minibus - the price hasn't gone up for the 9 years I have been going, or get a quote for private book in advance http://www.huberreisen.at/e-online-flughafentransfer

3. In the village Wienstube for pizza and pasta - not far from you. Salzburger for burgers and pizza a bit further the other way, towards the village centre. Posh scran at Possruck, Zum Holzwurm, Schusterhausl and Hoagaast. On the mountain Auhofalm just above the middle station of the Flying Mozart, Sky lounge at the Achterjet, Lisa Alm below the achterjet skiers left

4. yes if you like that sort of thing

5. no experience but there is a recommended place in Altenmarkt - someone will be along that knows

Thanks. Kids are 7 and 5 and have had around three weeks each already. I will look at the other schools. Have you used Taxi Jager who can offer a private transfer for 110 euro each way?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
flangesax wrote:
@o11y,

1. @holidayloverxx, knows this stuff
2. Yep - Huber Reisen for a shared, or, any taxi outside the airport is €130 one way - our guests did this last week.
3. @holidayloverxx, knows
4. Yes, kids love it, its worth a trip.
5. Most shops should be able to help - we use Sport 2000 in Altenmarkt, Intersport in Altenmarkt is another good shop.

hth - happy holiday. Ange

Thanks Ange.
snow report
@o11y, never heard of Taxi Jager but a google shows them to be based in Filzmoos, Check with Huber who I know to be reliable anda re based in Flachau. Ange quotes €130 but that's not pre-booked so it might be a bit cheaper.
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, yep, it was 130 for a 'walk up', off the plane and into the first taxi for 7 people. There is also VIP taxi, and Habersatter Taxi, from Radstadt but both do airport transfers. Ange.
ski holidays
@o11y, boots, go to Sport Schneider Altenmarkt, ask for Gerli, he does a lot of the WC racers, you may not get an appointment tho as he is almost always booked out.
ski holidays
@o11y, also 're the ski school, go to Fun and Pro, Rupert Pichler and his staff are amazing, my son used to work for them, they are very family orientated and not just after your dollars.
snow conditions
Hi,

We're a family of five from New Zealand, here until end of March. Our children are 4, 6 and 13 and keen to find some others (esp 13 yo daughter) to ski with. She will do some ski school but any tips or introductions greatly appreciated. Also dad (me) is looking for an instructor or guide in the area that can help with an intro to ski touring, maybe around Alpendorf or from the Hahnbaum?
snow report
Also, any tips on where to find a good big screen to watch the downhill this Saturday (or GS on Friday)?
ski holidays
@jonathanco, I've replied to your PM. No idea about instructors or guides to touring, but the races will all be on mainstream TV here. If you don't have a TV, the Strassalm usually shows the races.
latest report
@waynos, @Kooky,
Quote:
Still some lovely untracked powder to be had.
Just had ~600m of perfect mainly untracked descent from Gabühel in the Hochkönig ski area (MariaAlm etc)

Didn't need skins but would have helped for 40 mins of easy ascent (about a mile & 65m of height)

Freeride tour listed in "Bergfex Tour" app, and well worth the effort!!! snowHead

snow report
Cheers, @geoffers will take note for my next trip, looks good.
snow conditions
@geoffers, fantastic! Thanks for posting that, it looks very special Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
When you are next out here give us a bell, mayne we can have a ski together?
@jonathanco, send a pm to Scarpa, as a fellow NZer and an experienced tourer I am pretty sure he can give you a basic guide to starting up with touring ( just dont let him near the Jagatee and you will be fine Laughing Laughing Laughing ) You are always very welcome to join us on one of our night time ski tours, we have a few quite close, all permitted to ski down after pistes are closed and varying in length from 1 to 3 hours.
snow conditions
@jonathanco, Or a short tour to our local, the Moosalm, that is only 35-40 minutes Toofy Grin

I also have spare skis and skins if your boot sole is below 320mm, plenty of people do short tours in Alpine boots.
snow conditions
Skied Altenmarkt yesterday. Perfect snow. Later in the day, after being skied by decent numbers, te snow was great, just a few grippy patches.
No wind, looks like 10-15 overnight, about - 7c now.
The Radstadt/Altenmarkt pistes are a joy. So interesting,
snow conditions
@Frosty the Snowman, agree completely. We were there last week and really enjoyed it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Frosty the Snowman, @Pamski, agree totally. Our little local hill might be a small ski area by modern standards, but it has so much variety and a very friendly vibe.

@Pamski, glad you had a great week, hope to see you here again.
ski holidays
4800m by 11.45
Best morning ever. Fabulous snow
ski holidays
@Frosty the Snowman, 4800m Shocked where are you? the Grossglockner is inly 3780m
snow report
4800m vertical 'distance' skiied I'd guess.
ski holidays
@queenie pretty please, @Frosty the Snowman, @holidayloverxx, gunna head over to rad stadt/Altermarkt tomorrow to check it out. Any recommendations for Coffee, and lunch stops
Will look out for you frosty!
Best snow at Flachau for us was off Topliner in the morning as the cloud cleared beautiful
ski holidays
@pembsflyer, will leave Queenie to answer that one; I am not that au fait with the huts there.
snow report
@pembsflyer, we were there last week and liked the hut on the way down to Altenmarkt on the left before you get to the bottom of the chairlift. Bifang Alm which is described as quite rustic.
ski holidays
Pamski wrote:
@pembsflyer, we were there last week and liked the hut on the way down to Altenmarkt on the left before you get to the bottom of the chairlift. Bifang Alm which is described as quite rustic.

Oh interesting - I didn't like that at all. self service tiles like an ice rink. The one at the bottom of that chair is better, I think
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, you were bang on the money with recommending Winklalm at the top of the sunshine shuttle (first lift at Flachauwinkl) yesterday for lunch
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, we didn't go into the one at the bottom as we liked Bifang Alm! They came and served us at the table. We weren’t eating there though just coffee or hot chocolate. We were impressed everywhere we went by how many different places we could have stopped at.
We loved the few hours we spent at Forstau, so quiet and in great condition.
snow report
pembsflyer wrote:
@holidayloverxx, you were bang on the money with recommending Winklalm at the top of the sunshine shuttle (first lift at Flachauwinkl) yesterday for lunch

a favourite with the gang
snow report
Pamski wrote:
@holidayloverxx, we didn't go into the one at the bottom as we liked Bifang Alm! They came and served us at the table. We weren’t eating there though just coffee or hot chocolate. We were impressed everywhere we went by how many different places we could have stopped at.
We loved the few hours we spent at Forstau, so quiet and in great condition.

maybe we went on an off day. I can't count how many we have in Flachau; we do tend just to go to the favourites though
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy