Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lessons before we go or not?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Lozza1uk wrote:
Thanks all. I’ve just booked him in for 3 sessions in January at the mini moose ski school.

Great.
Let us know how it all goes.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skiing lessons definitely a huge advantage in my experience. The teachers on the dry ski slopes and Tamworth were much better than the youngsters on slopes. Also just time practicing putting skis on and off, getting boots tight, which socks to buy, using a button lift, all that sort of thing. On the first day on holiday i went straight for the blues with my snow plough and was and also in the lessons wasn’t stuck with the dreaded beginner group.
I also found the lessons in the uk fun; all part of the excitement!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good choice. Yes you'll learn more for your time / money in resort, but you only have 6 days in resort, so a bit of prep before you go means you get more outlet of those 3 days.

Less frustration of seeing lots of mountain but not having progressed enough to explore more of it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Lozza1uk, good decision. Did they insist on an adult skiing at the same time, or just being there watching?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I went for the mini moose which means I just have to watch from the balcony as it’s kids only. Fingers crossed it will be fine. I’ll take him to decathlon the week before to practice putting boots on - cheaper than paying for stage one lessons Very Happy
(He also had a private lesson last year in Lapland, which I suspect is worth 2-3 group lessons so I’ve skipped stage 1 and gone straight for stage 2 - stage 1 was described as learning to put on the equipment and glide on snow and he’s done that)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy