Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

11 days in Jasna,Slovakia - VS 6 days in Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, hoping for a quick bit of guidance.....

I am hoping to get a trip booked for Jan, single occupancy.

I initially priced going to Jasna, Slovakia, from the 7th to the 17th Jan. Staying in a room at a chalet I know to be fun/decent. Roughly, priced about £680 for flights with kit, digs, 9 days pass, and transfers.
Then I looked at going to Mayrhofen, 5th to the 12th Jan. Staying in a 'snowhome' with Crystal ski. Priced £815 for flights with kit, unknown digs on arrival, 6 day full area pass, transfers.

I have been to both before. Adding in spending money of £70 a day in Mayrhofen to get by (all food and drinks, Saving/budget where possible), or £60 a day in Jasna(Massage every 2nd day, full spa every day.....)

Both work out VERY closely in price, And i mean within around £30.

Can someone just make the decision for me? I ski to a advanced level on, intermediate off. I board to an intermediate level both on and off. I'll be taking new powder skis, and a new board.

9 days riding Jasna, or 6 days riding the mayrhofen/hinter, zillertall etc.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've not been to either, so really haven't a clue - but I do want to visit Slovakia. I've heard lots of positives, about all kinds of aspects of the place. And I'd be wary of "unknown digs on arrival", too. So if I was choosing for myself, it'd be Jasna!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
I've not been to either, so really haven't a clue - but I do want to visit Slovakia. I've heard lots of positives, about all kinds of aspects of the place. And I'd be wary of "unknown digs on arrival", too. So if I was choosing for myself, it'd be Jasna!

Thanks - The snowhomes in Mayrhofen have always been hit and miss I think. Last time I stuck it lucky and ended up in a really nice family run chalet, and had a top week! But i've heard some horror stories!

Jasna has around 50km of marked runs, and loads of freeride areas. I reckon it'll be £200 for a 6 day pass, £35 a day thereafter.
Mayrhofenen, and its sisters nearby have more like 450km.........
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
More every time.

Jasna
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can you DIY austria cheaper or same price for longer for same money?
If you been to both before can you find a 3rd option?
I guess ski & boarding id go for longer trip. Despite being a small resort it means you can have a good session on both skis & board
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was in Slovakia this week, the high Tatras but I think Jasna is in the low Tatras. Excellent food and all very cheap.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You say the costs are similar, but in a time over price comparison Jasna comes out on top. Another vote for Jasna. snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jasna! More slope time almost always wins, and a few massages tossed is a nice perk.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the replies folks.

After much discussion, and several beers, I invited 2 of my friends to toss a coin for me.

I'm off to Austria, with a superpass.

Forgot all along that I have a 5 days in Zakopane booked in feb, and the wife gently reminded me of how little agro she gives me for going away by myself every year.

Can't wait to visit HANS wink))
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@wozzad, what was the point of the thread if you just got pissed and tossed a coin?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy