Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland this weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone planning to hit Scottish mountains this weekend and need a ski buddy let me know.

I'm a snowboarder, but happy to ride with friendly folks of all disciplines
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/glencoe/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking amazing right now and they have said the wind has dropped so they are open.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I may have a change of plans on seeing this now.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I may be in Glencoe on Sat. I have a night out on Fri and a Flight on Sun so may be pushing it really (except afternoon).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Monday looks like the best day (I like clear skies and little wind), if the rain does not do too much damage tonight. Have another check in the morning.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very tempted too, but just came across this piece of news about strong winds and risk of avalanches in Lochabar, Glencoe and Cairngorms Confused

Ben Nevis avalanche survivor recalls moment his three friends were swept to their deaths - The Telegraph
https://apple.news/AmOBt21doRYq9dAcDMkMCWQ
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Driving up from Liverpool tomorrow evening. Stop over somewhere just north of Glasgow - travelodge Dumbarton is only £35 for the night on flex rate.

Will get up early Saturday to do do rest of the drive, most probably to glencoe.

I'll have a blue & yellow lib tech coat on. Say hello

Fingers crossed for the weather!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@johndiamond, are you there all weekend? We will be getting there for Sunday and Monday.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Possibly yes, keeping an eye on the weather. If the wind picks back up I'll head home but I'll check in here and let you know how it goes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@johndiamond, I will keep a eye out for you
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cool. By the way if anyone needs a lift get in touch.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@johndiamond, Premier inn would be better. The thravellodge is right next to the road and may be noisy. Don't look at Balloch or Alexandria further up the road (I come from there) because the premier inn is 20 secs to the dual carriageway and only 5 mins to the Balloch roundabout.

If you can handle one hour drive further than Dumbarton you should try to head to the Crainlarich hotel. It is a bit more expensive (£53 or £59 with breakfast) but you would only be a 30 min drive to Glencoe in the morning.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers cyclops if it's only the hour I will do that
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@johndiamond, After Tarbet be careful on the road until you get past Ardlui or Inverarnan. It is really twisty and there are a lot of pot holes. I come from Loch Lomond so know it like the back of my hand.
snow report
@johndiamond, take heed the pot holes I tried to explain to my son when he went up last year but still got a phone call from a Lomond side car park with a smashed wheel.
ski holidays
Good to know thanks cyclops....99.9% of my driving is in the city, so I really appreciate the heads up Very Happy
ski holidays
meandrew wrote:

I could but I won't Happy
snow report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
meandrew wrote:

I could but I won't Happy

Laughing Laughing

Booked into the crianliarich. Looks a bit more homely than the Dumbarton travelodge Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Calling it now, Sat is the day - wind forecast to drop significantly o/night. Be early or be stuck on the road !
snow report
orange wrote:
Calling it now, Sat is the day - wind forecast to drop significantly o/night. Be early or be stuck on the road !

It looks like there will be fresh snow too. It has the potential to be awesome !
latest report
Looks to be brighter overhead Sunday up to now but as always this can all change between now and weekend
snow conditions
A good weekend overall though just hope it comes off for GCMR.
ski holidays
If anyone fancies a pint we're in the Clachain Fri and Sat nights - randomly we were going anyway for wedding anniversary Very Happy
snow conditions
What time does car park and ticket office open in the morning?
ski holidays
Car Park always open, ticket office 8:30 I think.
ski holidays
You will need to be there early johndiamond opens at 9 but queue will be large and start 8.15 so if you are there for 7.45 you should be ok
latest report
Thanks
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks guys. Who said forums are out of date and of no use was talking sh1te
snow report

20 Jan 2018 a Saturday, not far from Glencoe turn off early in the morning from about 8am -10am! I do not think the snow is as epic as that day, but bear in mind there has been NO skiing in Scotland at all this season. So it could be busy. Too windy and snowy for me at the weekend.

The main reason for the queue was the poor condition of the road between the main road and the car park at Glencoe. Again this is not the case currently, there is very little snow at car park level.

However it could still get full early! Aim to get there at 7:30 and you will be fine.
latest report
Hope the snow sticks around, ankle surgery today but should be OK for skiing again in a months time
snow conditions
Had a superb day up at glencoe yesterday. Not very busy, poor visibility, particularly in the morning. But incredible snow. Light fresh powder. Frustrating morning due to low visibility, at one point I thought about packing it in, but instead I went down to the car park, changed my Goggles and got some thicker gloves on. Bowl of soup in the cafe then back up the chair.

By late afternoon visibility particularly on lower runs improved so a good time was had. Some brilliant pockets of deep fluffy powder.

Last run was pretty much right down to the car park.

Only downside to the day? The guy parked next to me. Silvery blue volvo jeep. Thanks for the large scratch you put on the side of my car mate. I assume you just forgot to leave me your contact details. I hope you stand on an upturned plug and/or lego. An apology would have been enough. rolling eyes
ski holidays
That will be poles. We had some utter bellend try and reverse into the space next to us and clatter the car on the other side as he was sliding. He looked about and was about to go elsewhere when he notice me waving and pointing out that he’d better leave a note....this was yesterday am
latest report
I know who it was, orange, me and him said good morning to each other as I was sat on my tailgate and he and his son were getting ready in the morning.

I noticed he"d parked pretty close to me but I wasn't going to tell him to move it over. I appreciate accidents happen; an apology would have done, but to drive off is just cheap.

Saw a few very near misses in the car park yesterday. Rwd cars with summer tyres. Trying to drive uphill in confined spaces. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Went to Cairngorm touring on Saturday white out all day but nice snow. Went on piste this morning, again white out conditions. Second run of the day managed to ski over a 4ft drop without seeing it. Left knee and ankle very swollen and bloody painful, but I don't think anything's broken. I think this year's just jinxed.
ski holidays
There was a bit of that going on yesterday in the bad visibility

Get it iced and raised... You never know it might not be so bad
ski holidays

After my suggesting Monday I thought I better make it up myself. Forecast had changed to light snow in am, and then light rain in afternoon. I had never skied in the rain, so it would have been a first for me.

as the day went on it was clearing up and the sunshine was coming out. Spring run was skier bashed several times by me. Usually it is too icy for my liking, but not this spring.

I got on the T bar's with many snowboarders, and with quite a few skiers.

That will probably be it for me this year, unless the snow lasts until May.

Good day's skiing today! snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy