Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Any recommendations for a broker/insurer for a 22 year old heading to France for the season?

Have used MPI in the past.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Generally they are the go to guys (they are for me!) especially if you are going on unguided off piste.. Are you working or living the dream - its just a different policy (longstay vs seasonnaires)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately its my youngest brother who will be heading out to work for the season rather than myself. I'm definitely aiming to get a couple of trips booked in to check he's ok though!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stusno, Look at the Austrian Alpine Club, which is cheap to join and includes basic mountain rescue, emergency medical, repatriation, travel between hospitals, and third party liability cover. Despite the name of the club, the policy covers the whole of Europe. The emergency medical cover (up to EUR 10,000) is limited to the first 8 weeks of any trip, so, unless there is an intention to take a mid-season trip back home, it will be necessary to arrange an extension from day 57 of the stay. Again through the AAC, you can buy that extension from Knox Insurance Co. - the same level of cover, except that the emergency medical cover is increased to EUR 50,000. (If you want that enhanced level of medical cover, you can arrange a Knox policy from Day 1).
The policy is not designed to cover things like cancellation of flights and loss of or damage to possessions. It is also intended to supplement the medical care obtainable under the EHIC scheme.
MPI is probably the best alternative if you want cover for the risks usually covered by a standard travel insurance policy.
There are other threads on this forum on the same subject, so search for "insurance", and you will find them.
Many people talk about the Carte Neige cover that you can buy in France with your lift pass. Again look into that, but I haven't looked into it as I'm based in Austria.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy