Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We went to Val d'Isere last week. Short report follows.

Tour operator was YSE (www.yse.co.uk), so Sunday flights and transfers. Stayed in Squaw Valley. Although YSE expensive, it does a 5% SCGB discount and is very good. Nice chalet, very good staff, smooth transfers. Also give confidence that they will be around if you need them - which we didn't. We would use them again (and in fact had pretty much the same trip two years ago).

Hired gear from Precision (www.precision-ski.fr), having pre-booked online. Very smooth, in and out in 20 mins including boots for nephew - even at half term (albeit the less busy of the 2 weeks).

Group lessons on a board for 15 year old nephew from Evolution 2 (www.evolution2.com/tignes/gb/ecoleval.asp) He went in the adult intermediate group, with Jean-Christophe (? spelling) and had a great time. Most of them were in their teens, and all English speakers.

We (self, sister and GF) and had some private lessons with The Development Centre (www.tdcski.com) from Simon and Paul, which were excellent. My GF said they were the 1st useful lessons she has had for three years. Again, a slight SCGB discount.

Snow was pretty good, after good falls for three days preceding our arrival. Topped up by a dusting on the Friday of our trip.

Mountain restaurants. We really like the Fruitiere, above La Daille, although we didn't have a lousy lunch anywhere. The self serve place at Toviere is also pretty nice.

We only ate out one night, at the Chalet du Lac, which is a bit out of town but includes a return transfer. Food is pretty well executed, but not veggie friendly and a little bit twiddly for our tastes. Service very good.

HTH[/url]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it's just me & the boy we invariably eat at the Marmottes restaurant at the foot of the Marmottes & Borsat lifts. It's half the price of the Folie Douce which is the next food stop down the Verte and the food is great (nice Vin Chaud too)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jd, Is the Toviere the place at the top of the Aeroski that comes up from Tignes Le Lac? If so I agree this is not at all bad a place for lunch. My favourite is the Triffolet on the way down to La Daille, especially on a sunny day when you can sit outside.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes, Toviere is indeed at top of Aeroski. We liked the Triffolet last time we went, but seemed less good this time - although still a good spot for drinks mid-session...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just to bump this, does anyone have any other reccomendations? We're off to Tignes next week, and looking at the forecast I think we need places of the "roaring open fire and tartiflette" school of piste dining snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good man Stephen, we're of to val on sunday, so slide down the Face and i'll buy you a beer

Would also like to echo JD's comments about YSE, great outfit and we found that if you flashed their yellow labels anywhere in the resort it made things go more smoothly and the odd discount appear which is a rarity in this part of the world!!! I think because the company boss lives in the resort and is a mouthy type the locals want to stay on his good side.

T-3 days till we're slip sliding away Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cant wait
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Triffolet is great indoors on a cold day. If you're in that area there's also a very nice restaurant behind the bar at the bottom in la Daille (next to the gondola station).

In le Fornet, about 50 yards back towards Val d'Isere from the cable car station, there's a very pleasant traditional Savoyarde restaurant with fires dotted about the place.

I also like the restaurant just over the bridge in les Brevieres but have never tried indoors as it's always been sunny when we've eaten there.

For budget eating, the Marmottes I mentioned above is hard to beat (8.50 Euros for a fantastic couscous plat du jour last Thursday)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy