Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car parking in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm driving to Tignes at the weekend and apparently have to park my car in a designated car park. Can you just turn up and get a space there and then, or do you have to book in advance? I've seen the pre=booking form on the Tignes website, but the page where you enter your credit card details doesn't appear to be secure - it hasn't got the little padlock symbol anywhere on the screen, so I'm reluctant to use the form for fear of my card details ending up in the wrong hands!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can just turn up (at least you can in the open air car park in Val Claret), but obviously booking has its advantages. I booked it through with the help of a bloke at the apartment block where we stayed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have always just turned up and paid for it, even for the underground car parks.

There is a free outdoor carpark down at Les Boisses. You would want to get there before the buses stopped running though, it is a long walk back up.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I usually just turn up and have no problems finding space in the underground parking under Le Lac. Once at Xmas I had to drive up to the open air car park at Val Claret. having said this i would normally drive up at 08h00 so i dont know what it would be like looking for parking later in the day.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The big open air car park at Val Claret used to have a system where entering car picks up ticket, goes into car park, produces ticket on the way out and pays. Maybe it still does. The beauty of this system is that if you can find a car park ticket newer than the one you got when you went in, you pay less. Many people used to come up to the barrier causing a ticket to pop out, then see the prices and change their mind leaving said ticket in machine or dropped on ground.

I used to check around the 'in' barrier every evening on the way out for a beer and pick up any new tickets. I found one on the ground the night before we left Tignes, result a fortnights parking for about a tenner.

If you do use this outside car park be aware that after a lot of snow the 'powers that be' often come with a snowplough to clear the car park, and roughly tow any cars that are in their way. They post a warning notice the day before but not everybody sees these as many cars are simply left there for the week. Good entertainment if you are watching but not too funny if your car is a victim. I will never forget the sight of a German plated 7 series BMW, alarm blaring, lights flashing, being towed sideways across the ice by a cable attached to back axle from a BIG snowplough. (Not as good as a new Jag being moved out of the way by a fork lift at a boat yard in Hamble, but that's another story).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Theres also a free one at Le Breviere conveniently next to the bubble. Some very good runs down to there as well providing snow cover is adequate!

This is asuming you are there for the day, if you have luggage etc then its a non starter of course.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Trenmold wrote:
The big open air car park at Val Claret used to have a system where entering car picks up ticket, goes into car park, produces ticket on the way out and pays. Maybe it still does. The beauty of this system is that if you can find a car park ticket newer than the one you got when you went in, you pay less. Many people used to come up to the barrier causing a ticket to pop out, then see the prices and change their mind leaving said ticket in machine or dropped on ground.

I used to check around the 'in' barrier every evening on the way out for a beer and pick up any new tickets. I found one on the ground the night before we left Tignes, result a fortnights parking for about a tenner.

If you do use this outside car park be aware that after a lot of snow the 'powers that be' often come with a snowplough to clear the car park, and roughly tow any cars that are in their way. They post a warning notice the day before but not everybody sees these as many cars are simply left there for the week. Good entertainment if you are watching but not too funny if your car is a victim. I will never forget the sight of a German plated 7 series BMW, alarm blaring, lights flashing, being towed sideways across the ice by a cable attached to back axle from a BIG snowplough. (Not as good as a new Jag being moved out of the way by a fork lift at a boat yard in Hamble, but that's another story).

That's useful to know Smile I guess you could just go up to the machine and push the button to get a ticket without driving a car through. Although perhaps they'd have cameras to see. But who's to know Wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowchica,

I can't remember if it was a push button ticket dispenser or one that sensed the presence of a vehicle by some other cunning means, but if I were you I would give it a try!

Hope you have a good trip wherever you park.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy