Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flight Deck or Canopy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
So after a very enjoyable ski trip a couple of weeks ago I’m going to treat myself to new goggles (and there is a chance I might have scratched the lens on my old ones too !), and I’m looking at the Oakley Canopy or Oakley Flight Deck. I could just get new lens but that’s almost as expensive.
Would anyone have any opinions on the relative merits or demerits of these ?
Having tried them on in the shop (with my helmet), my impression is that the Canopy has better side to side vision but is, or looks, a little bulkier. The Flight Deck possibly feels a little more plush on the face, has great top to bottom vision and probably looks better.
The head says Canopy but the heart whispers Flight Deck.

Would love to hear any thoughts......

Thanks !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Think the Canopy has an extra layer of foam around the frame so they do sit a bit further off the face... I have them as OTG goggles and they're very good, but changing lenses can be a bit of a pain if you are in a hurry as you have to align lugs and such, so I rarely change lens 'in the wild', after all, nobody wants to be accused of goggle-faff!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My choice would be (and is), the FD (not the smaller version, obviously)....it has one of the widest field of vision available....and would be surprised if less than the Canopy.

IMO. The only reason to get the Canopy, would be if there is a significant saving, or it is to be used OTG.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The lenses are the same so which ever fits the best.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info all.
I must go back and try them on again. To be honest there wasn’t a whole lot of difference and I’d probably be happy with either, but I definitely want to check out the peripheral views again as I think I was sure Canopy was wider, albeit only by a tiny amount.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I haven’t tried on a pair of canopy’s but I did purchase Flight Decks last trip. Absolutely love em. I have a large head but they fit so well, give me a massive field of vision and combined with a prizm lens gives me so much more confidence.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@wk1974, It’s a personal fit choice, I switched my goggles from the Canopy to the FD when the FD first came out, but that was mainly because the Prizm lenses were only on the FD back then.

The biggest difference for me is the complete lack of lense protection on the FD, so you need to be slightly more careful when handling them. The lense swap is slightly easier on the FD, but neither is a genuine easy swap.

It you want easy swap get the Oakley Airbrake XL instead Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy