Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Re-fit Ski Boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I bought by last pair of boots in 2010, and had them fitted with a sidas insole too. I've not skied in a couple of years, and my boots have been stored for that time. Seems like a good time to get them refitted? Especially as I had a bit of plantar fasciitis a year or so back.

But, is it worth getting 8yr old boots re-fitted but have only had ~50 days skiing on them? Would the money be better invested in a new pair?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know what you envisage by "refitted"? If your feet have changed shape then yes (but be aware if you haven't had ski boots on in a few years even a perfectly fitted boot might feel like a torture chamber initially). IF you mean re baking and fluffing the liner then it probably wouldn't hurt but you can usually achieve teh same by just skiing in them a while.

If you are asking has the shell plastic degraded in 8 years? Maybe. I'd guess not with a relatively modern plastic at that age and certainly people are regualrly running older boots without appearing crazy (unlike those still rocking SX90s).

I wouldn't spend a fortune on them but no harm in a liner rebake and checking whether the footbed still meets your needs.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try wearing them for a couple of hours this evening.
Your feet will provide the answer. Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
IF you mean re baking and fluffing the liner then it probably wouldn't hurt but you can usually achieve teh same by just skiing in them a while.

Remember to wear a gas-mask when doing this. Full hazmat suit optional.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
I don't know what you envisage by "refitted"? If your feet have changed shape then yes (but be aware if you haven't had ski boots on in a few years even a perfectly fitted boot might feel like a torture chamber initially). IF you mean re baking and fluffing the liner then it probably wouldn't hurt but you can usually achieve teh same by just skiing in them a while.

If you are asking has the shell plastic degraded in 8 years? Maybe. I'd guess not with a relatively modern plastic at that age and certainly people are regualrly running older boots without appearing crazy (unlike those still rocking SX90s).

I wouldn't spend a fortune on them but no harm in a liner rebake and checking whether the footbed still meets your needs.

Yeah I don't mean anything over the top, more around the footbed and liner I guess. I spent a couple of hours in a snowdome yesterday and was in mild-agony where my plantar fascia is - which is probably mostly due to not having boots on for a while admittedly. But I think I'll pop in somewhere to make sure the footbed is still ok - I havent' skied since I had plantar fasciitis, and whilst it's completely fine now - I don't know if this would be liable to alter the shape I'd want for the footbed?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd really encourage stretches for plantar fasciitis if you haven't done them yet. This may sort out the problem and mean you don't need new footbeds. Decreases the chance of getting it again as well Wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Scottland, if well fitted originally, probably fine today, as I understand things.

@HotDogger, wearing them round the house will tell you nothing other that confirming thatnwearing ski boots in the house is a bad idea...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, I don't mean catch up on some DIY or do the hoovering in them.
But if you have them on whilst watching telly for an hour and it becomes excruciating then you know you've got problems.
I had mine fitted a few years back and wish I'd done just that before leaving for a really painful week in Tignes. Went back to the shop on my return to sort it out and never had problems since.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy