Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking in Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just tried to book parking in Val T in Feb half term but the valthoparc website is saying the carpark near my accommodation is “not currently available”. We’re staying at the top of town in Les Glaciers and hoped to get a space at the closest car park but the website is pointing me in the direction of the car park at the furthest point at the bottom of town. Does Val T get booked up this early for parking? Any other suggestions? I’m temptempted to wait to see if the situation changes...? Any advice?

Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would call them on the phone or e-mail to ask them directly. I struggled with their website to arrange a season parking some years ago and they called me to let me know that they thought the charge was excessive (as did I) and offered me a deal instead. They're very helpful.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you I’ll try that!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dredgey,

Speaking of "excessive charges," why pay €82 to park for a week?

Why not park for free in Les Menuires and ski back to Val T? Then ski back to the car at the end of your trip (no lift pass required - it's downhill all the way Very Happy )
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bergmeister wrote:
dredgey,

Speaking of "excessive charges," why pay €82 to park for a week?

Why not park for free in Les Menuires and ski back to Val T? Then ski back to the car at the end of your trip (no lift pass required - it's downhill all the way Very Happy )

Like it Bergmeister! Unfortunately we’ll be leaving at fairy unsociable hours, although a ski at 5am could be fun!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@dredgey, Just bring the car up from Les Menuires for the final night, was €16 for one night last winter.

The bus between Les Menuires and Val Thorens isn't free on Saturdays but you would be able to get a free one down on the Friday evening.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rjs,

Exactly! I think it's €16 per night this season as well.

Then again, we prefer to park in the street on our last night. We keep popping out to check the car, as the police patrol only until about 7pm, dishing out warning tickets (asking for the car to be moved to a car park). We've had such tickets on 3 occasions in recent years but not yet had a car towed, as we've always driven off early the following day. In any event the gendarmes seem quite generous with their timescales - and don't start their patrolling again until about 8.15 am. wink

We like to ski down to collect the car after the lifts close - usually on an empty, freshly pisted run! Very Happy

p.s. But guess who skied to collect the car last month & left the car keys in the apartment? Embarassed Luckily it was lunchtime (and not after hours..), so we had enough time to get back to Val T and ski back to the car for a second time. We still made it to Geneva for the baggage drop opening (& had the unexpected bonus of an untracked powder run down the Mont De La Chambre piste - just as the weather cleared. Happy accident! Very Happy)

And of course we need to remember to carry a change of footwear for me (as the driver) on the run down. Crocks in the rucksack come in handy for that.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy