Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Borovets 2018 2019

Poster: A snowHead
Looks like a couple of inches of snow overnight, still snowing lightly and it seems to be in for the day

First tracks, a few hours off and then a bit of nicely pisted fresh snow for night skiing seems to be the order of the day Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I saw the forecast ... sadly we flew out of Sofia yesterday lunchtime and arrived back in HK a couple hours ago. I’d say we were pretty lucky - two days’ fresh snow and plenty of sun. Planning next year’s return. Enjoy ...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gondola open to the top station after a day or two of just being open to the mid station. Meant that there was some lovely powder to ride.

Snowing quite heavily at times up top and fantastic conditions, as good as it gets really.

Knee deep powder over the existing moguls down an unpisted Black was a bit tricky ... I didn’t do it much justice until half way down
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
some photos from Wed 13 Feb 2019

snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowed all day again 15 Feb

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Superb conditions today ... as good as they get
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glorious today up top, blue skies, great pistes, inexpensive cafes ... what’s not to like Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks to have dumped about half a meter over night and still snowing very heavily

Poor vid so I think it is a day for edge of piste tree lined sliding Smile

Edit - no need to stay to the edges ... first lines in knee deep fluff down the pistes ... blues, reds, blacks
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great news rayscoop - certainly seems like a good season.

You don’t work for their tourist board do you by any chance? Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bambionskiis, no lol, no investment or reason to big things up, circumstances just happened for me to be here for a few months ... so happy to report on conditions.

Saturday was a huge powder day, Sunday (-18 at about 7am) and Monday blue skies but very cold.

Today it is, guess what, snowing quite heavily again. A bit inhospitable higher up with low visibility but lovely pistes first thing, soft corduroy with a light layer of fresh snow.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rayscoops, can you stop having quite so much fun please Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops wrote:
@bambionskiis, no lol, no investment or reason to big things up, circumstances just happened for me to be here for a few months ... so happy to report on conditions.

Keep going. Who knows another trip to the snow, but on the cheap side, might have to be done.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ster, it may be a bit rough & ready, but it’s certainly value for money and inexpensive when you get here ... my beer is cheaper than in Wales Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Timberwolf, living the dream really ... well actually that was Verbier, I really like that place ... but beggars can’t be chosers Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've had to stop reading the updates ... too depressing! Emailing the hotel/ski today school re. next year - they're a small outfit and suggested contacting them for prices now. Even being 3-4 hours from Japan and South Korea, it's cheaper to fly to Bulgaria. Was perfect for what we wanted. Looking forward to 2019/20.
snow report
@falsenumber9, I used to work in Macau and managed to go boarding in Japan & Korea. Both were not the easiest to get to, Japan had a flight change and both had quite long transfers on public coaches, so I understand what you are saying - here it’s arrive at Sofia airport then a 75 minute transfer straight to your 5 star (ish) Rila hotel door.
ski holidays
Photos from Sat 23 Feb 2019

snow report
28 Feb 2019, -6 to start the day, then up to about +1 or +2 by the afternoon

Pistes holding up well

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy