Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Learning to Ski (kids)

Poster: A snowHead
WhenI was a little brat, we did the British Ski School badges or some other club thing, I think a Bronze silver and gold badge ?

Anyone know if something similar is offered over here and what age the brats can start at ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The old ones were the British Alpine Ski Awards (or if you're really old the Peter Stuyvesant ones) - current equivalent is Snowlife Snowsports Awards - more info here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Eh that looks like some foreign shore with very little outdoor skiing of its own Wink - I will try and find something locally.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
obelix67, I did Swiss Ski School badges when I was small - Bronze Silver and Gold. I should imagine they still exist - no idea about age - probably 4 or when they can actually ski if younger.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My regular ski school has a bunch of animals that are sort of mascot things for kids ski school...

everytime the kid learns a certain set of skills they get the next animal marked in their "passport" type thing....

you can ride the lift and they will tell you they have a "pygmy possum" or "rocky cocky" and what their friends are etc etc...

the "top" level is "extreme rat" he is (of course) a snowboarder and looks very much liek you might think an extreme rat might look.... he does cool jumps etc on ski school flare run nights.... I have no idea what a kid has to do to get their "extreme rat" marked off but I am pretty sure nothing to do with jumps....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spoke to ESS they do badges or medals as they call them

So No 1 son should be able to get his black medal over the next 4 weeks - depending on the kid depends on how long they take 3 - 4 half days with the ski school for the first medal and he has been 2 already but not enrolled in the mdal scheme....you live and learn.

I think no 1 could be extreme rat but for a multitude of sins but not jumping Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
medals sound cool.....

I love the animals - but it would be nice if they made badges for the kids.... just in case anyone thinks the animals are "cute" my instructor was "pygmy possum" for a while .... he is 6'3" tall ... so no pygmy! He was always muttering about why did HE get to be the pygmy possum (it is also BLUE)

ahhh just remembered... here are three of the cuplrits

http://www.thredbo.com.au/images/weatherandconditions/imagegallery/winter05/image20l.jpg
http://www.thredbo.com.au/images/weatherandconditions/imagegallery/winter06/image7l.jpg
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
so tiger are you gettig any of this snow in Ireland - good enough to go out in ?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nope.... just cold down here (south)....

It snowed more where i lived in Australia!

they need to build snowdomes here... and swimming pools with standing waves! (Ok I'm desperate to surf/ski more)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
my wife is from Kerry - I havent been listening to the babble about worst cold in 10 years....blah

Time for the brats to go to bed.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm in cork....

It is actually not as cold as in Canberra(Australia) in winter... but the damp and lack of sun is irritating....

Canberra is cold but frosty in morning and sunny most days.... Summer is stinky hot....

I lived near the Victorian ski fields for a while and it would snow a couple fo times a year but melt on landing... every few years the streets got coated....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Father and son make it down his first blue run.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/obelix67/Snowblade/IMG_0866.jpg

First time my camelbak had frozen too.

He did one run then went back down with his mum.

The crowds and queues were killing me.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/obelix67/Snowblade/DSC00159.jpg

I hope SharkyMark doesnt see these
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/obelix67/Snowblade/IMG_0875.jpg
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
obelix67, I like the father/son shot. I wish I'd got one with my two. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am just glad my mate was there with a camera to take it Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We got told today that he has to go on consecutive days - he cant do the medal over the space of 2 weekends - - going into their office for a wee chat tomorrow. Twisted Evil
latest report
obelix67, I hate you Very Happy
ski holidays
no worries mate - if you do get back soon at least it is beautiful at the moment - ie you cant see anything every so often
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy