Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Monterosa: Champoluc, Gressoney, Alagna

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone in Champluc at the moment and can give an update on conditions?
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
best to go on the website and look at the webcams etc.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep, done all the usual stuff, just wondered if anyone was there at the moment. We'll be there from from the weekend so I'll be posting myself after that Very Happy
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Heading out next week too...doesn’t look great from what I can read. Not snowed for a while, warm temps, no snow forecast
Was planning a lift served off piste week, might look to go touring instead
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Coming out on the 28th, was really hoping for some pow Sad

Can anyone guide me on desired lift pass? Never been to the area, group of 7 intermediate-advanced skiers, there for 4 days
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@coconuttommo, sorry noone's been back to you. Here's the link to the ski pass page on the monterosa website https://www.visitmonterosa.com/en/comprensorio-monterosa-ski/. I would suggest a monterosa pass rather than individual areas as you'll ski all over. We've been here since Saturday and although not in anyway the mega snow of last year I don't think there are any pistes closed and the cover is pretty good and we've skied just about everywhere in resort. Light snow due from tomorrow through next week, so we'll see what happens......
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@coconuttommo, assuming you haven't already bought passes, I don't think you can buy individual resort passes for the main MR circuit.

It's not really the right place for powder either - I mean, they installed cannons on the col between Frachey and Stafal because of likely wind damage...

Great off piste though if the snow's good!
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So we arrived with sibling and in-laws for the week on Saturday.

Amazing the difference in snow pack between here and Chamonix (MB understandably making the difference).

But pistes immaculately groomed. Wall to wall sunshine. Main objective is to get (well, tbh she's there already) #2 niece back up to speed.

What's not to like?

And new favourite on hill restaurant, on Col du Bettaforca, now managed by Alberto who used to run the lamented Rifugio Guglielmina. Top lamb shank, interesting wine list, girls had a rather excellent octopus... lovely.

Oh and if it was snow heads in the Alagna bowl shouting, "It's Lovely",

No, no, it was not lovely.

... "dust on crust".
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sort of weather related... Anyone been to Monterosa in mid December? It seems the resort usually opens around 7/8th and the ski for free deal several hotels do seems to offer a really good short break opportunity. Say 4/5nights from 8th Dec this coming season. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of how many lifts across the main 3 areas would be open? I know it is still weather and snow related but if conditions allowed it do all the lifts open at that time or especially midweek would it be only skeleton type service whatever the snow levels? I have a vision that most lifts would open at the weekend for local day trippers but then Monday to Thursday very little could open.
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@toyah807, we’ve had some great (if mostly on piste) early Dec weekends but it’s hardly guaranteed snow and who knows what dates Giorgio will choose to open.
ski holidays     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've done a couple of pre Xmas trips staying in the Alagna Valley and both times all lifts running/runs complete. One time with very little natural lower down, the home black piste down to Alagna 'officially' closed but still pisted and skiable. Did lose a day in the bigger area due to wind closing gondola but that's another issue!
There will be plenty of milage on piste at worst case scenario I'd say, they open every year at that time.
Enjoy, I'll be there myself the week after you most likely.
snow conditions     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Had a lovely mountain day yesterday. Azure blue sky, chilly. Didn't do so much skiing as the niblings were viraemic but, hey.

Must say though, probably the most snow we've seen in the area ever at this time of year and snowing like a good 'un as we cam back thru the tunnel today. To the extent that one can predict, absolutely set up for the season.

ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy