Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody else missed Ski Lessons, ESF.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We may not be able to attend the first of 2 ski lessons as they start at 9am on the Sunday and we are arriving late on the Saturday. Has this happened to anybody and did esf re book the missed lesson?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
louiscrow wrote:
We may not be able to attend the first of 2 ski lessons as they start at 9am on the Sunday and we are arriving late on the Saturday. Has this happened to anybody and did esf re book the missed lesson?

When we realised we weren’t going to be able to sensible make ski lessons for the first day as we were arriving in the very early hours of the morning once transferred and would still need to sort out ski hire etc, we contacted the ski school in question and were able to change the booking to start a day later. It wasn’t ESF on that occasion, but probably worth a try?

Also most ski schools I have used that do a standard week have two start days options of the Sunday and Monday
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All depends what level you are at. My first time skiing we had someone who missed a lesson on day two or three. They would not let her rejoin the group and advised her to try for private lessons. Probably depends what level you are at. I would recommend trying to get there for your lessons
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
First of all the ESF is not one big ski school.
Each resort has its own ESF, which is a workers collective.
There is a central organisation, which supplies literature, clothing, medals, training guidelines etc... but they are all separate entities, and operate in their own way.
Each collective appoints a director, they affectively run that school, make the policies, and set the tone for how things are run.
Where ESF is the only show in town ( smaller French resorts ), it is possible that they are less bothered about average customer service bleeding custom to the competition ( as there is none).
It also depends if you have booked private lessons of group lessons.
Group lessons run Sun-Fri, and the 6 lesson package is normally priced the same as if you booked 4 separate group lessons, so you are unlikely to get a refund if you miss a lesson as you will still get 5, but have only paid for 4).
Additionally, the groups are formed on the Sunday where for inter / advanced there is often a ski-off to decide which groups people go in. So missing this might end you in the wrong group.
It is definitely worth contacting them in advance to see what they can do for you.
In the ESF where Mrs WoC works, if somebody does not get along with the group lesson for whatever reason, and if availability exists, the ESF can provide private lessons to a similar value as to what has been paid.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you will miss the lesson on the Sunday they might accommodate you and let you join say the afternoon class for that day if there is space. This has worked with ESI for some friends of mine. I am not sure about ESF but worth asking.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the responses. Appreciate it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Worth notifying them to ask. Usually respond quite quick via facebook messenger
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@louiscrow, where are you going ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Set the alarm clock for 7am and you should be fine Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes - when we went to Avoriaz, we totally failed to get the kids to the meeting point in time for lessons for the first two mornings. The school were very understanding and helpful, letting the children play join an afternoon class.

As @WindOfChange pointed out, each local ESF is its own collective. I'm sure that, as with many businesses, service will vary from place to place. You might also find that they are more or less accommodating outside of busy periods.

On the whole, I've found ski schools to be run by people who want you to enjoy your ski holiday! ESF occasionally get a bad press from some people, but I find them OK.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy