Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone bought anything exciting for this season?

Poster: A snowHead
yes, I have.

Bought a Libtech Terrain Wrecker

Does that count?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice top sheet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rogg wrote:
Nice top sheet.

Cheers dude. It's textured!

I VERY nearly bought matching skis!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A new jacket - Burton Folsom, and a new pair of Level Fly gloves as my old ones are pretty wrecked, they're tighter than my old ones though which is a bit of a worry, I'm hoping they loosen up a bit. The jacket doesn't seem to have a pass holder on the wrist/arm either which is weird, first jacket I've ever had without one. Yeah I buy my stuff online!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
New boots.....upgraded my old Burton Imperials for a pair of 32’s. Spanked it for top end TM-3’s - very happy.....fit was perfect and gave them first run today in Tamworth fridge before Val Thorens in Jan. Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Don’t forget the Aldi ski special today - great for Moreno wool base layers etc
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^ the ski socks for £2.99 are just a buy of anyones money. (even the £40 a pop branded only sock people ) ..... and if you are after goggles .. at £7 for a big, coloured mirrored lens (or not) pair ... you would be hard pressed to find a better spare pair to put in your bag at the least.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A new car Toofy Grin means we no longer have to suffer flying to snow. I will be hammering the "how to drive to the Alps at half term" threads now.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
... And a set of 16" wheels with winter tyres off eBay for above new wagon...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have not bought anything this season ..... YET

I haven't even got a shopping list ... and that is worrying

That's because purchasing and amassing all that expensive gear, is part of the sport and hobby.
Hardly a week goes by without me popping into Ellis Brigham to fondle the skis, try on a jacket or look through the goggles.

All the staff know me now and when they are not too busy, they put up with my time wasting.

I'm going to wind the clock back this season and wear some old clobber I bought years ago and have not taken out of the box since.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bought some nice new Head Nexo Lyt 110 boots as recommended by Ski Bartlett. Tried them on Saturday at Hemel and they feel good. They are are indeed light at 1.5kg a piece, noticeably lighter in the hand than my old pair. Only downside is that they are pretty much the same colour as my old boots as fancied a change and/or something that better matched my newish jacket, new salopettes and skis (well second hand skis but new to me).

Passed on my rather soft flex boots to mini-ster who despite being only 12 wears the same shoe size, is only just shorter and only a few kgs lighter. Hopefully he'll be fine in them for a year or two and can defer buying him new boots until he stops growing! So win/win.

Also "new" skis for OH and 2nd in line.

Might have space for one more pair of skis.

Ah, when you write it all out thats a fair bit of new gear.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As per the post 7 before this one - had bought some new boots......unfortunately I made the mistake of demoing my dream board!!!! (Not a fan of the standard planks available in snowdome) Stupid stupid man.....

So off I trundled back to Tamworth having spent the whole week saying "Do it!!!!" & "No, no, no...be sensible".....

I ignored the sensible part of my brain and now have a Jones Mountain Twin with Cartel bindings to enjoy. Role on Val Thorens in January!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spent a weekend in Val Thorens for the ski/board test a few weeks ago, tried out 15 different boards.

Found the perfect board, then looked at the prices..... Then proceeded to buy it anyway Smile

So I now own an Amplid UNW8 160 with Amplid Augment bindings.

Can't wait to get it out on the snow over new year!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@chippie, I miss a good full camber board and I've always liked Amplid's way of doing things. Jealous!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not bought yet, but demoed a Yes Pick Your Line at mk today, damn that's an awesome board, even better than the ultra mountain twin, so will def be getting one for Jan
ski holidays
Bought a new Rossignol XV with a pair of XV Bindings to go with it. A pair of Northwave Domain CR boots for Splitboarding.

Also picked up a BCA Tracker3 and Stealth 270cm probe.

Finally got round to booking a 14 day trip to Hokkaido for February 2019 with my Brother, so it's been a 'spendy' kind of Summer/Autumn.
snow conditions
So after saying I wasn't going to buy anything this season, a Hovercraft came up on here at a price I couldn't refuse. I've wanted to give one a go for ages! Quiver is coming along nicely now...

ski holidays
@leggyblonde, I notice a Rossignol Krypto next to it as well, great board Cool
snow report
Switched to Burton this year. Free Thinker 157 + Genesis bindings for teaching / piste / freestyle and Skeleton Key 158 + Malavitas for freeriding.
ski holidays
On the way out to the pre BB as we speak to try out my new Jones Flagship (birthday/christmas present from @kwackers) and the very pretty teal and purple Burton Lexa’s I bought to go on it. Also got some end of season bargains last year in the form of an abs pack, Anon Griffon helmet and a new jacket. And I wonder why I’m a bit skint at the moment snowHead rolling eyes
snow conditions
Bought myself the Otto 2019 made by Koruashapes.

Just rode it for 2.5 days and I have to say its the best board I have ever ridden. Absolutely delighted with it.
snow report
I've not bought anything new but a whole range of smaller snowboards for my kids 110, 115, 120, 125, 138, 143 and range of boot sizes. All off eBay/Facebook market place. Also got the Mrs a board/bindings as well Toofy Grin

I need to get organised and sell all the extra bindings that have come with the boards.
snow report
hang11 wrote:
Rossi XV and a replacement set of Now Drive bindings

Snap! for the board. Already had Flow bindings.
Have you used it much this season? How do you like it and what did you have before?
snow conditions
@Herne9, added it to the quiver, others are a mountain twin and a hovercraft.

Used it for a week in Austria this year, another 7 weeks before the season starts for me.

Liked it a lot. It's fast Very Happy Will probably end up using it a lot more than the mountain twin this season.
snow report
Well initially I wasn't looking like boarding this year but a last minute impulse booking on the EoSB means I treated myself to some new Adidas Tactical ADVs to replace my 10 year old Vans Jamie Lynn's and some Union Stratas to replace my (also 10 year old) Forum bindings I managed to break last year. At this stage I was very close to saying sod it and get a new board to boot, but think that will have to wait till next year! Laughing
ski holidays
A seller on eBay is knocking out brand new YES 20/20 boards for £145 Inc postage.

I shouldn't have looked....
latest report
johndiamond wrote:
A seller on eBay is knocking out brand new YES 20/20 boards for £145 Inc postage.

I shouldn't have looked....

Really?! I find myself suddenly tempted Toofy Grin
snow report
They've already gone whilst I was messaging vendor about collecting in person Laughing

So, come on, who did buy them?!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not me, I was still um-ing and ah-ing!
snow report
They've got the 154 length still listed
snow report
Yeah, my mistake: appears to still have 3 x 154 available.
snow report
Anybody here tried or own a Rossy Sushi?
ski holidays
Anybody buying up this years end of 2019 season bargains ready for next season??

Got myself a 2019 K2 Broadcast in 158 Wide and my lad a 2019 K2 Raygun in 160 Wide for less than half RRP and free delivery from Glisshop.co.uk and a new pair of Nidecker Aero Boa for me, Flow Five bindings for the lad and Nidecker Team bindings for me at 40% off from absolute snow.

I'm returning to boarding after a 15 year hiatus on skis, all my mates are boarders so I'm the lone skier in the group, plus I need a new challenge to break the monotony and find my mojo again.

All set now and ready for 2020, I hope next year will be another good one.
snow report
Herne9 wrote:
Anybody here tried or own a Rossy Sushi?

I tried one. It was heaps of fun.
snow report
I picked up an Orca in February. It was damn hard to find but I still got it on a sale and it is such a fun board in all different kinds of conditions. The most fun I have had on a board. Just awesome.
latest report
Ride El Hefe bindings and 32 Focus Boa boots. Both v stiff for carving.

No new board this year.
ski holidays
I'm new to snowboarding (been a skier for years but have made the switch):

Volcom L Gore Tex "Mix" jacket (the crazy purple/green one)
Volcom Articulated Grey/dark Navy pants
Anon Helo 2 helmet
Burton Reverb Gore Tex mitts, that have started to come apart where my wrist guards keep rubbing against them when I fall over, so bought:
Oyuki "The Tamashii" mitts
Burton Ruler boots (but like a noob I bought too big a size to accommodate my wide feet, so am going to sell them and buy some Photon Wide boots in a smaller size)
Union Force bindings
Nidecker Escape 159W snowboard
Dragon X2 goggles with spare lens
Dakine tuning kit
Dakine waxing iron
Dakine Low Roller board bag
Blackstrap The Hood facemask/balaclava

Having already bought the Nidecker, I saw the most beautiful snowboard I've ever seen (2019 Capita Kazu Kokubo pro) but I'm going to use my Nidecker for a number of seasons before trying to find a used 2019 model in a few years time (the 2018 and 2020 graphics aren't as good).

Side question:

What are the best sites with the best deals that you guys have found for snowboard gear (clothes and hardware)?
snow conditions
Picked up a 164w 2020 Jones Frontier this morning. Got a healthy discount too. Replacing a well used, well loved and well dead Mountain Twin.
snow conditions
@karansaraf, might be better to go for the Ruler wide as the Photon is a stiff boot. What size feet are you?
latest report
I'm 12 UK normally but I have EEE width feet and burton ruler wide and photon wide are the only two boots on the market that cater for EEE width (all the other wides are E width only). In snowboard boots my size is 11 UK.

Yeah I thought I could go for the photon because whilst it's stiffer it would be better as I'm hoping to progress well and get used to a stiffer boot. I know it will make it more difficult for me to start with but I thought I'll get used to it and hopefully should last me a while without needing to change boots when I get better? Or is that a bad idea?

I also like the boa over the speed zone laces, and I hear burton make their boas with climbing rope (same as speed zone) rather than the wires you normally get with boa so less likelihood of snapping.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy