Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone bought anything exciting for this season?

Poster: A snowHead
hang11 wrote:
Picked up a new Jones solution 169w and skins half price in end of season sales last week.

Had been planning to spend most of summer trying to stick the edges down one side of my old one back in, but can relegate it to rock hopper and hang out on the beach now.

Where did you get such a great deal for a new Solution?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Richard_Sideways, yeah I did have a look but not many sizes. I think my jacket is last seasons anyway.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bought some Sidas shin pads but they didn't arrive before we left in a hurry last week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mountain Surfer wrote:

Where did you get such a great deal for a new Solution?

Nz. Summer here. Quite a bit of overstock out there I think with Ozzie’s getting cancelled at short notice.

Picked my daughter up a nitro split and skins half price too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ordered some Northwave Decade boots to replace my old ones. Perhaps not exciting as they are just a newer version of the same model, but the old ones fit me so well and are low enough profile that I don't drag toes with size 10 feet on a nornal/narrow width board.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ptex sticks and a metal scraper, some wax and a plastic scraper. that'll do me for a few years!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
oink wrote:
ptex sticks and a metal scraper, some wax and a plastic scraper. that'll do me for a few years!

Those are 'Gateway' service items... you'll convince yourself that you can get by with just a couple of grades of file next ...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gloves...... Burton AK guide in a fetching tan colour. Oh dear, the nights are long and the alcohol plentiful.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I came across a nice Burton Hometown Hero the other day.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Volcom Rain Gore Tex bib in Canada for £250 which is cheaper than the UK.

Also most likely going to buy a Hometown Hero this week. Just trying to decide between 156W v 160W but having difficulty. Once I’ve decided most likely will be getting some Burton Cartel X bindings to go with it.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Picked up a bargain new Korua Dart 160 on a certain auction site. Exactly what I desired (not needed). Now I'm ' Yearning for Turning'.

Earlier in the year a bargain used pair of Dynastar Mythics to which I added ATK Crests. A very light touring set up. rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DocP wrote:
Earlier in the year a bargain used pair of Dynastar Mythics to which I added ATK Crests. A very light touring set up. rolling eyes

you might aswell type in chinese, didn't understand a word of that Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The dark arts of lightweight ski touring Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wooooooop. New board day. Went for a Solomon Dancehaul……granted tested for limited time in fridge - but was really fun. Current quiver is a Jones Mountain Twin - got to admit, this seems sooooooooo much more fun.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Those volume shifted boards are so much fun. I’ve got a Warpig that I love.

I’ve bought a bunch of stuff whilst I’ve been out in Canada this past month

Burton Hometown Hero snowboard
Union Atlas bindings
Anon hoodie with built in MFI face mask for my M4 goggles
Volcom Rain gore tex bib pants

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 24-01-22 23:51; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Was looking at a Nidecker Blade softboot carving snowboard (and a few others) online two days ago.
Walked into a shop yesterday and they had one!
Bought it today.
Ride it tomorrow.

https://www.nidecker.com/en/snowboards/370-blade.html
latest report
Not that exciting but I had bought a Osprey Bigkit duffel (75l) bag and had the chance to try it out on our last trip. I thought it might be just another overpriced/overhyped brand given the prices they go for (I got mine at less than half price from the Osprey website). But having used it, I was pleasantly surprised by its build quality and thought to detail. So much so I jumped at buying another (a second hand 22l rucksack - I'm not a leader in terms of adoption and not for me things at full price wink ) and again was impressed. So they seem good bits of kit even for the money.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 30-05-22 12:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Union atlas bindings for a steal recently. They're to go on my mullair which I felt was let down by my old cartels.
latest report
Capita Asymulator. It gets discontinued, so had to jump on it while it was available.
latest report
i have managed to sell everything (3 boards + 3 pair bindings + one pair boots) and bought only one board and one pair of bindings
a Völkl Dimension extra wide and Gnu Freedom
I had also bought (really no idea) almost 10 pair of boots , nothing was really my number and everything i had to send it back.
I am thinking of Burton Ion , somewhere in September to buy but at present i really have no idea
snow conditions
had so many boards in your past and still bought an entry level board with extruded base from a manufacturer, that does not know how to make boards? Strange to say the least.
snow conditions
I got the new Burton Step in Bindings and boots last winter and as someone who boards mainly with skiers they were a revelation! Absolutely fantastic things.

Also just popped for a Lib Tech T.Rice Climax 2021 unsold stock (not surprising when original price was over £800). apparently it is an absolute monster so cant wait to try that!
ski holidays
Black Crows Camox Freebird, with Marker frame bindings.

We started to dabble in AT last year, during the lockdowns. Had a lot of fun. The plan now is to use these skis when the resort gets too crowded or the lifts are on windhold. We went with frame bindings because AT will be a side hustle for the foreseeable future, so we did not want to buy boots with Dynafit inserts.
snow report
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115086184672?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=mvINnoiAQIC&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=rmU9uTNySW2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Anyone in the market for a freestyle board I highly recommend this one. I'd buy it myself but prefer a 56 for my weight. I've had my 2017 jackpot for 5 years and just love it. I had the 2015 one before but it was too stiff for what I wanted it for. The 17 and 18 are very similar both great boards.
snow report
a Völkl Snowboard...extra wide
Gnu bindings
and a new pair of Vans Verse...unfortunately a paar mm too small....my toenails were damaged...one is already away, the other is black
fortunately after a week of use, i had the opportunity to give the Vans back....yes i have to search for new ones....
snow report
Phantom slippers arrived this week. After getting hit for import tax and paying to get footbeds and fitting, they cost about 2 heli days. Ouch.

Got a quick tour in this morning and an afternoon of lift laps. Coming from a tm2 Jones boot. Massive difference uphill in terms of speed and comfort. Side hilling much nicer and I would think using with crampons will be a lot better too.

Downhill took a bit of learning and tweaking but no complaints. Not as stiff as I thought they would be. Kept forgetting to put them back in ride mode which didn’t help a couple of times.

Happy so far and looking forward to putting them to use as we head into spring. Really enjoyed giving my riding mates poo-poo about having to wait for them to strap in as well Very Happy
ski holidays
a GoPro extension pole))
latest report
2021 K2 Medium (155) and some new missions 320 EUR the lot.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy