Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone bought anything exciting for this season?

Poster: A snowHead
I've not availed myself of many of these brands personally as it's most yoof/snowBoardy stuff but these prices look rather keen...
https://rollersnakes.co.uk/collections/snow
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Burton's sale has started and at £28, a Sonar Green lens for my Anon M3 goggles was too good to resist.

However, the next day, I got an email saying the item was "out of stock" and so I'd be refunded.

Strange because the lens is clearly still available on their site, only now it costs £42: LINK

Really disappointed by the blatant lie without the decency to own the fact they're not honouring the price it was advertised at.

This is after waiting two months for some laces I ordered before Brexit which never turned up.

Be warned if trying to buy anything from Burton's supposedly UK website.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jebroni3_16,

amazon is a good place to look for Burton stuff
I got the missus a snowboard bag (burton) for £12 & knee pads for just over £12 - the bag is now showing as £38 & pads as £22!
I have burton baselayer bottoms sitting in my wishlist for £13 but not decided if I want. another baselayer or not yet!

Just take care with clothing, as sometimes kids stuff ends up in adults!

Give Burton a call, they have always been brilliant to deal with in my experience.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mr.Egg, As someone who, like me, lives in South Wales I've always had a lot of respect for you. But now I learn that you're a boarder!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
esaw1 wrote:
@Mr.Egg, As someone who, like me, lives in South Wales I've always had a lot of respect for you. But now I learn that you're a boarder!

I have a twisted tibia, so one foot has a natural out-turn, hence skiing is not possible... but gives me a nice natural stance on the board snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
All is forgiven. Skied with someone once who's feet were turned out to the extent that he had never been able to snowplough. And there are times when a snowplough comes in pretty handy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jebroni3_16 wrote:
Burton's sale has started and at £28, a Sonar Green lens for my Anon M3 goggles was too good to resist.

However, the next day, I got an email saying the item was "out of stock" and so I'd be refunded.

Strange because the lens is clearly still available on their site, only now it costs £42: LINK

Really disappointed by the blatant lie without the decency to own the fact they're not honouring the price it was advertised at.

This is after waiting two months for some laces I ordered before Brexit which never turned up.

Be warned if trying to buy anything from Burton's supposedly UK website.

As a sneaky "just for info" I have a black m3 lens and an mfi facemask I'm looking to shift cheap if you're interested ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the offer @Roguevfr but I've already got the goggles and 3 lenses.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I contacted them via email @Mr.Egg and they claimed that post-Brexit, the website is incorrectly showing stock from a warehouse that no longer supplies the UK.

My response was to say that I suspected if I ordered it at £42, that it would turn up and what they said sounded like a lie to cover up the initial lie.

Will see what their response is to that.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
no problems ordering from Burton post brexit. They even emailed that in case there was an import duty to pay to email them back with order number and they would cover it. So far no duty to pay. Fantastic service imv.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Was buying quite often from absolute-snow, will no longer do that after brexit. 7,5% tax and 21% vat makes no sense buying from them. Will start buying from freshfarm.it again.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Back at chill factor with junior and his snowboard. First he had been on it for over a year. (Has been on the plastic with the race skis) but time to get the single plank back out. Needless to say growth spurt and the 120cm board was looking like a skateboard. So new 134 cm Burton Process smalls board and mission bindings purchased today.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
4 weeks snow permitting for me to get up a hill.

Picking up a pre ordered yes optimistic 161 this week, got some 70% off union ultra fc’s to go on it.

Also got some new spark surge bindings for my splitboard. Picked them up cheap in summer and sold the old fairly knackered ones for $100 less than the new ones cost. Cheaper than replacing the straps.

Excited. Been a long hot 8 months of summer. Frosty mornings and the odd bit of snow are building happiness levels Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So the surf has gone fully flat and the new (surf)board is curing. Winter is coming and the sales are on, so a Rome Ravine Select 162 is waiting for me in Blighty. Good reviews and it sounds like my kind of board, good discount too, so I'll probably not lose too much if I have to shift it on again. Cool
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The flat spell continues and so does the damage to my credit card. New board means new leash and whilst I was on the site they had some reduced Volcom Goretex snowboard 'pants'. Seemed rude not to, and the same with the Patagucci board shorts.

Please let there be waves soon. Gloves next on my "I could really do with some............." list. I'm loath to look at the state of my boots and bindings.
snow conditions
A new Jones Hovercraft for me. I liked @freeridechef, old 2012 so much I thought I'd treat myself when I saw a fresh 156 come up cheap.

@rogg, I'm pretty sure I need new boots too Laughing
ski holidays

Well it isn't a Hovercraft, but I did acquire some transportation of the more mundane variety...
ski holidays
Shortly before Covid kicked in, I treated myself to a Sandy Shapes Magnifica 157cm Swallowtail. Needless to say I've not had a chance to ride it yet, but this Winter can't come quick enough.
ski holidays
Propper sexy board there @Backcountryboarder, well wear.
snow conditions
As my 20+ yr old Ski Pants are now a little tight (they must have shrunk! rolling eyes ), last year I bought some really nice Mountain Force ones from TK Maxx - hugely reduced - but they were labelled wrongly and were actually the same size as my own, so were returned. I was gutted.

A few days ago, I had a quick look again to see what TK had to offer, and spotted some very upmarket Spyder Turret GTX (3L Goretex Pro Shell) in my size for £120 (Sport Pursuit have their full price listed at £525). I snagged them, just before they all sold out.

They have just arrived and are as listed - so fit nicely (with further expansion room built in). Very nice quality. Happy Bunny.

Now all I need is a ski season. snowHead

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 12-10-21 21:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Quite fancy a Korua Dart.

All those 'Yearning for Turning' videos on YouTube
ski holidays
Allegedly, currently the only K2 Special Effects in the UK. Mine now. Toofy Grin

snow report
@Richard_Sideways, that should float!

I bought a similar type of board 18 months ago but it's still new and "exciting for this season".
DC House of Powder, luckily the woodgrain finish matches the bedroom decor perfectly so it's the first thing I see every morning Very Happy

snow report
Nice. The Flagship next to it never matched the flooring in our house but it's quite on trend for boards to look like B&Q laminate... and the new board is full of bamboo apparently so I can always cut a patch from the spare planks left from when I did ours.
snow conditions
A very small purchase but I've just got an 'Apple Airtag' along with one of these to mount it on the back of my Snowboard (https://www.shopmoment.com/products/hard-shell-mount-for-airtags#productImage1). I'm prone to leaving my board in all sorts of places and had it stolen once so this gives me a little extra piece of mind.
snow report
just picked up a 20/21 jones mountain twin for a touch over £300 and cannot wait to hit the pistes and off pistes on it !! should be a bit of a step up from my ride wildlife....
ski holidays
SAM@WORK wrote:
just picked up a 20/21 jones mountain twin for a touch over £300 and cannot wait to hit the pistes and off pistes on it !! should be a bit of a step up from my ride wildlife....

thats not bad
I want to get a new board, but I will know this season if it is my last or not.
snow conditions
Not long back from the Big Bang Snowboard Show at Tamworth Snowdome and if you're local and looking for a nearly new board, you could do a lot worse than swinging by here and sticking your head in Ellis Brigham / The Snowboard Asylum

They had a number of new or nearly new / ex-demo / slightly shop-soiled boards at half-price or even less. A few that that stuck in my mind were Jones Mountain Twin, Jones Explorer, Burton Kilroy Custom, Burton Kilroy Process, Nidecker Tracer Goofy, but there were a lot, lot more.

Some of these do appear to be available on their website too if you're not quite so local

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 22-10-21 10:53; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Scooter in Seattle, Yea!
I like the colour ... because its the same colour as mine Very Happy
I've got the seats in mine in red so its "Super Man" colours.
I bought it in 2016 and it still looks like and smells like new ..
Those were the days when we could get it with a 3 Litres desiel
Its just about to be fitted with its first set of new tyres at 43K miles.
Its just for "Driving Miss Dasie".
Nice wheels on that one!
latest report
I've bought nothing new for this season ...
Except, I've just bought my granddaughter, some socks, gloves and ski pants.
Its an investment.
snow report
snorks wrote:
A very small purchase but I've just got an 'Apple Airtag' along with one of these to mount it on the back of my Snowboard (https://www.shopmoment.com/products/hard-shell-mount-for-airtags#productImage1). I'm prone to leaving my board in all sorts of places and had it stolen once so this gives me a little extra piece of mind.

Like this solution a lot! But can you get them out or it’s permanent? Just bought some AirTags for keys / wallet etc but would be ace to have the option to transfer them onto my skis on a powder day. Haven’t lost a ski yet but have a few missions planned where a lost ski would be very inconvenient…
latest report
@DrLawn, I'd forgotten about that post! So in addition to a Dr you're a scholar and a saint as well! I got it at PECLA and as you can imagine it was a fun drive north, particularly the 3 days there at Mammoth. I didn't have the guts to go with red seats, though they look great. I had to have the wheels, for me they make the car.
snow conditions
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HZ1DLJB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=amz07b-21

I bought this the other day. It's only really for use in the UK as it doesn't fit within Easyjet hand luggage allowances, but it's really useful as i'm going to be at dry slopes/ snowdomes quite a bit and it's so much easier to carry around than lugging boots, skis, poles etc in hands.

Fits my boots that are 328mm sole length, plus a helmet and a few other bits and pieces, and if while it's not a big ski brand, it's a steal in comparison to their bags that are generally £100+
snow report
Not that exciting, my feet get cold but I cant be arsed with heated liners, wires, battery packs and even the apps that come with them now. So bought a pair of low-tech boot gloves (Alpenheat ones were only £18 on Amazon) to see if they help.
snow conditions
Just the usual churn of ski wear , goggles etc. Nothing too exciting.
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:
snorks wrote:

Like this solution a lot! But can you get them out or it’s permanent? Just bought some AirTags for keys / wallet etc but would be ace to have the option to transfer them onto my skis on a powder day. Haven’t lost a ski yet but have a few missions planned where a lost ski would be very inconvenient…

I think you'd have to prise it off, or just put an other one on next to it.
latest report
Grabbed a Westbeach domineer snowboard jacket for £75 from absolute snow the other day. Was £250 20k 20k 60g insulation, what a bargain!
snow report
Picked up a new Jones solution 169w and skins half price in end of season sales last week.

Had been planning to spend most of summer trying to stick the edges down one side of my old one back in, but can relegate it to rock hopper and hang out on the beach now.
latest report
 bonglats
bonglats
I have bought Lib tech Tarvis rice pro snowboard and really excited to ride it. Very Happy
ski holidays
@Gainz, there are some really great deals on Westbeach gear through their website too - but very stock dependant.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy