Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski servicing in Bristol?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ski servicing Bristol

Anyone have any recommendations for places to get skis serviced in Bristol. Looked at sending them to Jon but the costs of shipping make it an expensive prospect.
There are the obvious options of Ellis Brigham and Snow and Rock, but I tend to be slightly cynical about the approach of some of the bigger store options (I had a pair of nice powder skis which came back from a larger commercial outfit with paper thin, concave bases which had clearly been <unnecessarily> belt sanded to within an inch of their lives). That said I'd rather be able to drop them off somewhere local so EB and SnR win on that count so tell me about your positives experiences!

I have serviced myself in the past, but time is limited and also they could use a base grind...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.horacebarton.co.uk/winter-sports/

Not Bristol but they have been around a while.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@BenA, EB in Bristol don't have their own workshop so send them off. Had bindings mounted and did a good job. Took a week or two though.

I occasionally drive up to Jon's and make a day of it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Sharkymark - Unlikely that I'd be getting up that way unfortunately. Any chance you are heading up to Jon's in the near future? Perhaps we could strike a deal and I could make a contribution to your petrol costs in return for adding my skis to the pile?!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BenA, unlikely. I've got access to a jig in Switzerland Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@BenA, pm sent
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi
I used the Mendip snowsport centre, churchill a couple of years ago for a full service inc stone grind. they did a nice job.
can't say what their current standards are, as I do run of the mill edge and base stuff myself.
regards
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can always rely on Snowheads!

Just bought my first pair of ski's, second hand from facebook, took a punt on them because they were up in Scotland, and i'm near Bristol, but they seemed really cheap.

Anyway, they've arrived, and they're in fantastic condition, fair play to the previous owner. As it's my first set, I have no servicing skills or tools, and given I live in a flat, don't really have the space to get my own set up.

Do the above recommendations still stand? Horace Barton in Cheltenham is a little out of the way, but I don't have any problems popping up the M5 45 minutes to use them if they do a good job. I'll look to get them done a week or 2 before I go away in January, so realise i'm quite early to be looking in to it, but I'm sat in the lounge staring at my skis and can't wait to get out on them! Razz
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swindon Ski. Will do them while you wait if you arrange in advance and there is some good dog walks ( or a nice pub) to keep yourself occupied.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Why not get them done in resort? They'll put the right wax for the snow conditions. Much the same price as UK
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brovert wrote:
Swindon Ski. Will do them while you wait if you arrange in advance and there is some good dog walks ( or a nice pub) to keep yourself occupied.

+1 for Swindon Ski
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jilly29 wrote:
Why not get them done in resort? They'll put the right wax for the snow conditions......

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy