Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions close to Venice (Treviso) in mid March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was born in Treviso and have been skying there for most of my life.
Here's some advice.
1) if you want really close and accept good but not exceptional pists, then Alleghe (Civetta) is your best choice (as stated by others)
2) Good alternatives are S.Martino di Castrozza, Falcade, but pists are ok
3) at 2 hours drive from venice, you can get to Arabba-Corvara, which have ways better pists and are in the Sella Ronda
4) My personal recommendation if you already plan to have a car is to go to KronPlatz, which is my favourite skiing area, plenty of pists for all tastes, guaranteed exceptional snow, very nice area. Only downside is 3 hours trip, but well worth it. Accomodation can be easily found in S.Vigilio di Marebbe, which is connected to Kronplatz via the Miara pist, a fantastic 1.7KM long pist, relatively easy but good to warm up in the morning

Enjoy.
Marco
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Marcov wrote:
I was born in Treviso and have been skying there for most of my life.
Here's some advice.
1) if you want really close and accept good but not exceptional pists, then Alleghe (Civetta) is your best choice (as stated by others)
2) Good alternatives are S.Martino di Castrozza, Falcade, but pists are ok
3) at 2 hours drive from venice, you can get to Arabba-Corvara, which have ways better pists and are in the Sella Ronda
4) My personal recommendation if you already plan to have a car is to go to KronPlatz, which is my favourite skiing area, plenty of pists for all tastes, guaranteed exceptional snow, very nice area. Only downside is 3 hours trip, but well worth it. Accomodation can be easily found in S.Vigilio di Marebbe, which is connected to Kronplatz via the Miara pist, a fantastic 1.7KM long pist, relatively easy but good to warm up in the morning

Enjoy.
Marco

Ciao Marco. Good insights there as to how a local Trevisan would rate the various areas and their accessibility.

Kronplatz is an impressive area with state-of-the-art lift system and long verticals, I did a day there last year from my base near Cortina. The dome-shaped mountain allowed for many km of pistes, but I did find them a bit samey, flat at the top, then plunging steeper to the valley and the scenery was not as exciting as Cortina, Alleghe or the Sella Ronda where you are surrounded by soaring Dolomitic peaks. I found the bit around San Vigilio the most interesting.

Though, it is probably no longer in journey time than the OP's Cavalese option with the A27 motorway and the fast road up past Cortina.

Those South Tyroleans certainly know how to build an efficient ski resort!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ciao Luigi,

I agree with your comments ref scenery not being comparable to Cortina, although the views from the Reinold Messner museum at the top of Kronplatz are quite impressive.

Ultimately it is down to selection criteria, I love Cortina for the scenery and technical pists, but Kronplatz is hard to beat in terms of variety and difficulty (think about the Pre Da Preres where the italian and slovenian ski teams train regularly, Sylvester, or the Piculin which now hosts the Female GS).

My selection criteria are ski quality, low congestion even in peak weeks, modern lifts and quality snow even late in the season (for instance, most pists in Alleghe had to close by end march 2 years ago..., both on val zoldana side as well the pist down to alleghe). Another area which I forgot to mention is the Sesto/Moso area (west side of 3 cime), which is now a decent and well connected circuit. However, heading to Val di Fiemme is a good option as well, so enjoy your vacations.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @Marcov, we've already booked accommodation just outside Cavalese, but will hopefully get a chance to explore the Sella Ronda and Kronplatz in the future!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm off to Civetta from March 8-12 for easy and quick access from Venice but knowing that there's more down the road if I need it!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looking at the posts aout lift passes being expensive - Having only done the USA/ Canada for the last 12 years or so they look as cheap as chips to me; however it is all relative.

Still have no idea where to go, but I fancy Italy too. Preferably somewhere with a decent lift system with the option to explore other resorts, Canazai looks like it may tick plenty of boxes, as does Selva
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Having been to Arabba before Dougy, I'd recommend it. Slap in the middle of the Sella Ronda, close to Marmolada and with excellent slopes of its own in the village.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ignatius wrote:
Having been to Arabba before Dougy, I'd recommend it. Slap in the middle of the Sella Ronda, close to Marmolada and with excellent slopes of its own in the village.

Im looking at 3rd-10th Feb, but Arabba is a bit pricey (Birthday Bash must have helped sell the place out), infact not much accomodation there left at all

Just noticed I can get the Garni Bellavista for 770 Eoro for 3 B&B on the 9th Feb for a week - is that a good deal?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can always stay in an outlying village and drive in. There are quite a few nice ones within 30 minutes but I can see why this might not be desirable.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy