Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel advice for a snowboarder...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok have booked to go to Kitzbuhel on 11 March
Have done a search and am pleased with my choice of resort - looks great and I can't wait.

I have a couple of questions...

Will be staying out of town, and being transferred to the lifts by the hotel. As 2nd week snowboarders which areas should we head for first?
Can you recommend a lunch place?

Is there any particular bar/restaurant/shop/thing to do that we shouldn't miss?

Probably won't be taking lessons - just a case of practice, however if we do want a bit of snowboard instruction - are there any recommendations?

And finally - any recent reports on snow conditions. I think it hasn't snowed since 10 Feb, but looks like that area should be getting some this weekend - is that a reliable forecast or still too early to tell?

Thanks in advance...
(And thanks to people that answered my queries about where to go Mar 11th - decided Austria was the one to go for...)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not a snowboarder, so obviously I'm well placed to give you advice (I do know Kitzbuhel reasonably well and I've been there with boarders).

The Kitzbuhler horn, the 'second' area across the valley from the 'main' Hahnenkahm/Pengelstein area, is the main spot for boarders. I've never skied it, which is pretty slack of me. I can't recommend an yeating places there.

You shouldn't confine yourself to the Horn (snigger); the main area gets good reviews from boarders. You can board pretty much everywhere without seeing, never mind using a T bar, although they are around. There are loads of places to eat; more pubs per km of piste than anywhere else in the world (this is a made up statistic and may be true). Some are big, some are small, most are self service, one or two are waiter. The grub is similar in all, good quality, more choice in the big ones, which often have a salad bar, fine if you like that sort of thing. I like the waiter service place Maierl at the bottom of the Maierl II chair, and the Bruggeralm above Jochberg.

There are a few roads in Kitzbuhel, and some of the lifts are cunningly designed to deliver you a few feet below where you actually want to go, which is a pain for boarders.

There is only one ski school now, Rote Teufel, don't know what it's like. There are a few people on the web offering instruction outside the RTs.

There are some good restaurants in town. If you want Italian, il Gusto is good. The Landhausl is cozy, old fashioned Austrian grub, and the Hubli Stuberl (Stubli Huberl?) is good value for big helpings of pig, dumplings and so on. The Weisses Rossli has a good, reasonably upmarket restaurant.

It's a good place, hope you have a good time.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 2-03-06 10:54; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boarders love the Horn. It has a classic red called Raintal as well as some good steeps. There is also a park on the Horn.

Don't just stick to the Horn though. Now that the long T bar back has been replaced by a chair you can get anywhere. As said above, it's a great town for snowsports. Enjoy. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks Chris! - can't wait
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy