Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck-Stubai public transport and ski hire November

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm going to be in Innsbruck 23-26 November. My husband is occupied doing the ski building workshop at Spurart (good birthday present or what? Little Angel ) so I have the weekend to myself. I hadn't realised that Stubai is quite so close to Innsbruck and now I'm wondering about the feasibility of skiing there for a day or two. We aren't hiring a car and I'd ideally hire skis too (or have to add ski carriage to our flights).

Any thoughts on logistics for this? There seems to be a ski bus but not sure if it operates so early in the season. What are conditions on the glacier likely to be like, worth going? Obv will be subject to weather conditions over the weekend etc.

Insights and tips very welcome!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Super easy. Direct bus from the main train station (couple of euros and takes an hour or so) and a big intersport to hire from at the glacier.

Conditions obviously depend, and can range from glorious powder to miserable ice. Stubai’s just got about a metre though, so should be in reasonable shape onpiste at least.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@belette, Hi, yes Stubai is about an hour's drive from the city. It takes a bit longer on the bus, details here. There's been a fair bit of snow this week, though it's currently closed due to wind (it is very windy at the moment). It's impossible to know for certain, but end of November will probably be fine. It's not worth booking in advance though – check the webcams on the day and buy a day ticket on site. You can hire skis at the midstation and drop them back to the bottom depot at the end of the day.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great! This is all sounding promising. Looks like we're only staying 15 mins walk from the bus/train station. Fingers crossed for a snowy November Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Fingers crossed for a snowy November

We've skied the glaciers at Hintertux, Stubai and Tignes in fairly snowless Novembers - with hard snow and thin cover - but still had a great time. Chances are, you will too! Very Happy

We've also had fantastic winter cover in November - hopefully things are looking good with the current storms Smile.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@belette,

Hiya

I just spotted your post as its the exact one I was going to ask! Did you go? What were the Conditions? Would you recommend?

We are wanting to drag the season out as far as possible.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Worth checking exactly where the bus stops, depending where your staying.
It stops directly outside die boerse shop, which is by the triumph arch & marriott hotel for example.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
waterskibabe wrote:
@belette,

Hiya

I just spotted your post as its the exact one I was going to ask! Did you go? What were the Conditions? Would you recommend?

We are wanting to drag the season out as far as possible.

I was there last december. Conditions awesome after a huge dump that closed the mountain for a day.
Worth checking its events page

https://www.stubaier-gletscher.com/en/stubai-live/events/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy