Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort for beginners near Grenoble

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, first of all apologies if I'm posting at the wrong place but it's my first post Smile
I'm looking for a place to ski for 4 days (I've only skied twice before) during Christmas with easy access from Grenoble.
I was gonna go for Alpe D'Huez due to the many options for beginners but then when starting reading about Chamrousse I thought it might be a good alternative due to cheaper prices and being closer to Grenoble and it seems to have a fair amount of beginner's slopes.
Bearing in mind the above, do you think I should go for the cheapest option (Chamrousse) being a beginner or is Alpe D'Huez gonna be much more exciting due to its size?
Also, regarding night skiing in Chamrousse, are any of the slopes ok for beginners?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to SHs, @redkiller. One factor to bear in mind is that finding 4 days accommodation in Christmas week (if that's what you mean) might be difficult and could limit your choice.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, yeah I've already checked the accommodation availability and hence my question as I've found some cheaper options in Chamrousse but I don't want to decide based entirely on the price
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When I skied Chamrousse I stayed down in Grenoble at one of the chain hotels. Don't know what is floodlit.

Done similar when skiing in the Vercors at Villard de Lans.

Not been to Sept Laux yet.

Collet d'Allevard has night skiing too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Definitely Chamrousse for your needs.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Are snow levels reliable at that time in Chamrousse? From the reading I did some people reported in some years that only half of the slopes were open
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can be a bit hit and miss around that time of year.

Depends when you want/need to book by.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It will have to be soon as it's a very busy period, so I guess Alpe D'Huez is a safer option
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chamrousse would be a good choice At 1650 m it is reasonably high and the top runs are above 2000m

Should be OK but Christmas ? hey ho
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
redkiller wrote:
Are snow levels reliable at that time in Chamrousse? From the reading I did some people reported in some years that only half of the slopes were open

The guy says he's a beginner and going for 4 days. He won't need too many slopes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy