Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2018/1019

Poster: A snowHead
@TheManOnTheBus,

If you are asking about parking in Les Contamines then you will have no problem if you are fairly early - say before 10. Even you are later you should be fine but at busy times in good weather you can see the car parks full and cars parked a long way down the road by noon. THe good news is that this is the limiting factor - get up the mountain and it seldom feels busy.
I would suggest parking at the Gorge bubble - more straightforward than the Lay one
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HammondR wrote:
If you travel with someone with a season or annual pass it is 14€ each way through the tunnel. Not sure if there is any reduction with a weekly MBU?

When I was there 2 or 3 weeks ago we got this discount using my 3 day pass.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skied the crochues-berard today in fantastic conditions. Sunny, snowpack holding nicely,traverse wasn't icy and perfect packed powder on the ski down. With the weather the way it is I think touring season has come early and I'm not complaining Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
How are conditions now with the heat going up? Next weeks forecasts doesnt seem to improve at all and its now actually keeping me awake at night.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@staffsan, absolutely lovely.

Sunshine forecast or at least next 10 days. Perfect and springlike snow, bitter in the evening and overnight.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quick question for anyone with their MBU season/annual pass benefits to hand:

My families all got annual MBU's, but they and the various benefit books/coupons are in France and I'm in UK. My daughter wants to arrange to go see friends in Morzine for a day, I don't want to promise unless we can get a free day pass. From memory we went over to Morzine a few years ago and used a coupon that came with our passes then, but the CdMB website just says '3 coupons to ski areas in the Haute Savoie'. Would someone have a quick look at their coupon card thingy and tell me if Morzine is still included, pretty please? Thx
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
@staffsan, absolutely lovely.

Sunshine forecast or at least next 10 days. Perfect and springlike snow, bitter in the evening and overnight.

What's bitter, weather-wise? Seen Chamonix meteo using it all the time as a description. Is it Cold? Freezing? Just below nice? Beer-outside-with-a-thin-jacket-temp?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

My families all got annual MBU's, but they and the various benefit books/coupons are in France and I'm in UK. My daughter wants to arrange to go see friends in Morzine for a day, I don't want to promise unless we can get a free day pass. From memory we went over to Morzine a few years ago and used a coupon that came with our passes then, but the CdMB website just says '3 coupons to ski areas in the Haute Savoie'. Would someone have a quick look at their coupon card thingy and tell me if Morzine is still included, pretty please? Thx
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
midgetbiker wrote:

Yup they still exist.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Idris wrote:
midgetbiker wrote:

Yup they still exist.

Yep, thanks, I know I've got the little card with the 3no tear off day pass coupons, but I was just wanting confirmation from someone who's got them in their hand that they cover Morzine still. Are you near yours?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yes Portes de Soleil is included, used mine a couple of weeks ago
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Meltus, Thx. I'll let her know it's on.

Think she's after showing off a bit to be fair. Trouble is she skis a lot with other kids who've done 6wks++ a year for a decade, and some of them are really bloody good. The chance to ski with couple of girls from her 'new school' year who are 1wk a year and on their 4th year'ish seems to be appealing to her.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@midgetbiker, yep, we used ours 2 weeks ago.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@staffsan, -8C outside my front door at 08h30 this morning bitter.

Belay jackets on for when the sun goes down and walking down to town for beers.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Im out for half term madness and thought about going to Courmayeur with the family tomorrow.
When i went a few weeks ago it was somewhat snowless.

Any one been recently?
ski holidays
@Jonathan Bell, I don’t think it has snowed over there recently,

But...

Chiecco!
snow conditions
under a new name wrote:
@Jonathan Bell, I don’t think it has snowed over there recently,

But...

Chiecco!

snow report
Hi there, I imagine it will still be decent. They had a good amount fall earlier this week and we enjoyed Monday-Thursday there...good on piste and off although of course softening up by Thursday. It's usually busy there on the weekend so perhaps Monday onward might be better.
snow conditions
@Jonathan Bell, that said,
latest report
Can anyone recommend me somewhere that can do a good overnight ski service? Need full base grind and re-texture etc..

Based nr Cham sud and want someone who'll actually check angles etc and service *my* skis rafter than just chuck them through the Wintersteiger on generic rental setting.

Cheers
latest report
@jma, Concept Pro will use a Wintersteiger but will set for angles etc. their Wintersteiger is very flash...

They are just behind the Midi cable car. Just ask nicely.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 17-02-19 9:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@jma Alex at Chamonix Ski on route des pecles knows his stuff and is very reasonably priced.
snow report
Thanks both. No problem with them going through a machine, it's what they need tbh, just want to know it'll get setup properly!
ski holidays
In a rare moment of spontaneity (57 year old, family, responsibilities), I've booked a solo 4 night trip to Chamonix mid-March. Last there over 15 years ago, carrying a football-related knee injury but managed - and enjoyed - the VB all the same.
I've got no overwhelming need for company - although not a complete sociopath - and will research more detailed routes over the next few days but I'm wanting to make sure I get the most out of the 3 1/2 days I should have on the mountain.
I'm thinking perhaps Courmayeur for a day, Vallee Blanche again and somewhere else. What are the views of those with more recent experience of the place? Staying in the middle of Chamonix.
latest report
Apologies, I'm guessing this is completely the wrong thread to post this. I'll get some coffee and consider the options.
snow report
From recollection pistes at brevant and flegere are certainly worth a half day if not more, though I think they're south facing so might take a hammering

Argentiere always has the best snow but the attraction is more off piste there. Again definitely worth a full day I would have thought. Le tour and la balme nice and gentle and underrated. Wouldn't bother with les houches. Not sure courmayeur worth it with current snow?
snow report
Anyone know how Les Houches is holding up given the warm weather ? Going out this Friday for a long weekend
latest report
Anyone able to report on Chamonix snow conditions?
Mainly interested in the pistes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Neillp, sorry no info on pistes but I did a quick VB on Sunday and it was lovely. Not many people plus the snow was light and chalky. Where there were some moguls they were soft and not too big. One slightly tricky section in the icefall but there may have been an easier way. Didn't do the james bond as I’d been told there were a couple of walking sections.
snow conditions

VB
ski holidays
@jbob, Thanks Did consider doing the VB but not sure I am up to it, last couple of trip I have been stuck skiing with the family on blues. Out with the lads this time so will be stepping it up a bit.

I might head over to Les Contamines for a day as well as want to reccy it for next years family trip. The snow looks good there on the webcams.
latest report
snow on piste isn't good at the moment imo though we're due a mixture of rain and snow over the coming days so conditions are up in the air depending on where the snowline ends up.

Skinned over to Col D'Entreves from the midi today which was very nice. Snow just off the midi was great and the skiing down from the col to where it joins voie normale was delightful. Full on hero turns Smile

Lower section of voie normale is a bit of a mogul field and they're pretty big now. Dodged rocks after the 2nd flat to montenvers.
ski holidays
@Meltus,
Thanks any idea which area is hold up the best?
ski holidays
Chamonix meteo currently has the snow limit at 1800m on Friday when we're due some precipitation so hopefully with a fresh top up, everywhere could be ok. Grand Montets is the highest so will have the best of it.
latest report
@Meltus, Thanks will keep all options open Smile
ski holidays
@Meltus, depends on your definition of "good". Our clients are reporting having a lovely time (on piste under azure blue skies). I can think of worse. I have spent the day in Dundee. Home next week.

What I am really worried about are the Nordic tracks. Being my daily exercise, or intended to be...!! Shocked
snow report
Terrible day up at GM today... Not! Boot to knee deep fresh snow everywhere, stayed fairly light and soft above lognan all day, got a little heavy down Pierre-a-ric later on. Several laps of Bochard and Herse am and a well-earned Cremerie lunch. A great day!
ski holidays
@under a new name, Nordic tracks will have had a decent top up yesterday and overnight - snowline was at about Cham town level - but it got dramatically warmer this afternoon..
ski holidays
Hey Guys,

anyone up there? Thinking of going for the weekend. Saw that some snow is forecasted for tmrw, but Iam a bit worried about visibility.

Happy to hear any live updates Smile thank you

ride on
latest report
http://chamonix-meteo.com/chamonix-mont-blanc/weather/forecast/morning/5_days_weather_forecast.php

Looks like the snow line has been hovering around 1,400m. Rained pretty consistently in town until lunchtime and it's stopped now.

If the forecast is correct, vis is going to be an issue.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy