Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any developers about?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
philwig wrote:
What Dmitri said. I doubt anyone's been successful doing it the way you describe. I'd try to meet technical people locally and work it from there.

Yes i fully agree with this... just trying all 'communities' that i am involved with
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dmitri wrote:
The thing is that good developers have got plenty of options. The problem with your approach is that you don’t seem to realise that the onus is on you to make it clear why anyone should chance it on your idea.

Now obviously if it’s a really great idea maybe you don’t want to share everything on the internet so I think you’d be better off going along to some meetups and make some connections, establish some credibility. I’m sure you’ll find some sliders amongst them. snowHead

Re-reading: No i am aware of it, but as you say i think it's a good idea and i'd prefer not to share it publicly (i guess like any good idea) particularly if there are no developers! Being a snow focussed forum there is no gauge as to the people, maybe everyone is in IT! Maybe no-one, hence the initial feeler wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Levi215 wrote:
martinm wrote:
What sort of skills/languages?

I think the first step is to look at how we can move quickly to market, then deliver architectural improvements.

So an understanding of how not to engineer into a corner
Understanding of cloud, how to use it and what the best choices are
Bringing an alpha or beta to market through agile methodologies

Languages currently open to options, initially thinking Objective c# maybe Xamarind, web / backend again up for debate, .NET / LAMP / Python.

I hope it all goes well. Here's a couple of tips.

Firstly, I've worked with a LOT of developers and even the worst ones thought they were the bees. You just wont get anyone not saying they can do all this. Even asking this kind of indicates that you don't have a lot of experience with them. So don't try to give an impression of experience you don't have as the serious people you need will be put off.

Secondly, if you are looking for a partner to provide the technical know-how to realise your vision then specific technologies are not important. It's more important to find someone you can trust, who is intelligent, motivated and, most important of all, can admit when they are wrong.

Based on what you've said I really think you would get a lot out of meeting a few experienced people face to face. You may find that things look very different once you've had their perspective.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dmitri wrote:

even the worst ones thought they were the bees.

It’s more like the worst ones thought they were the bees! rolling eyes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dmitri wrote:

Based on what you've said I really think you would get a lot out of meeting a few experienced people face to face. You may find that things look very different once you've had their perspective.

Are you aware of any networking groups in the area? The only networking i've seen is more generic business / small business networking or accountant / banking circles. I've not seen much in the tech sector up this way?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Levi215, I don’t know Sheffield but while London dominates there are still plenty of good developers up north, in fact you may find they are friendlier.🙂

These kinds of groups tend to come and go but google meetup Sheffield and there will be a few leads for you.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy