Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites Weather/Snow Report (& useful links) 2018/19

Poster: A snowHead
Hyst wrote:
Anybody tried the starlight room 360 in the Cibque Torri?

No, but skied past it a couple of times this past week. It looks magic.

As does the refugio at the top of the Socrepes lift system - €80 per person for Dinner, Bed & Breakast

and the refugio facing Cinque Torri - €70 per person for the same

When Nerys & I go back to Cortina we're planning to stay at both
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not that I'm obsessed with webcams !! - but it appears that it is trying to snow on Ciampinoi tonight.. Smile

And -- found another webcam

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/trentino-alto-adige/bolzano/selva-di-val-gardena-dolomiti.html

Selva village centre :: Kronestube/Luiskeller bottom left
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The weather for later this week looks like it could be interesting. Bergfex currently forecasting almost a meter of snow up top but mostly rain lower down.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Resorts which have gondolas and trams from the base with a mid-station are the go.

Thankfully there are an abundance in the Dolomites.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Half a metre of snow forecast st altitude the day after tomorrow.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter S wrote:
Half a metre of snow forecast st altitude the day after tomorrow.

It is Snowing as I type -- whiteout on Passo Padon
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The weekend could be moderately fantastic snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looking at the webcams it looks as if the Dolomites have had their best snowfall of the season. It's a shame it's happened with just 3 days left of the season but it should be fantastic for anyone out there this weekend.

This morning looks like being a wipeout. All that fresh snow but this morning just 7 out of 53 ski lifts in Alta Abdia are open. Most are "Closed due to slopes preparation"
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@olderscot, " Looking at the webcams it looks as if the Dolomites have had their best snowfall of the season..."

Ohh those fickle weather gods....!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Weekend should be good !

Its noticeable how often snow in England coincides with snow in the Dolomites Cool
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like the most snow of the season at altitude and more to come the next 6 days.

Shame the Alta Badia is closed but still plenty open at Kronplatz.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://webtv.feratel.com/webtv/?design=v3&cam=6122
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pity they closed the 'ronda' so early. looking at the webcams it has been snowing for the past week on the Porta Vescovo.

Best snowfall of the season -- wasted Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter S wrote:
http://webtv.feratel.com/webtv/?design=v3&cam=6122

Puking down.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
albob wrote:
Pity they closed the 'ronda' so early. looking at the webcams it has been snowing for the past week on the Porta Vescovo.

Best snowfall of the season -- wasted Sad

They seem to have missed a trick here and closed everywhere on the Sella Ronda too early. I can understand some of the lower areas, like Santa Croce, being at risk of late opening but isn't Arabba usually open , at least partially, later than the other areas?
snow report
Quote:

They seem to have missed a trick here and closed everywhere on the Sella Ronda too early

It is a shame to see all that lovely snow go to waste but no-one could have reliably predicted the best snowfall of the season would come just a few days before the season was due to end.

I skied Santa Croce two weeks before the season ended and oddly it had some the deepest on piste snow around. It was crazily soft lower down but there was a lot of it. I think they must have had the snow cannons working overtime at some point when it was cold enough.

Maybe this year, with Easter being so late, they decided it wasn't worth staying open for a bit longer. I see that next year they're open for a week longer, not closing until the 14th April which is after the Easter weekend.
ski holidays
Sods law that the snow comes after the lifts close rolling eyes

I suspect they have had a lucrative year nevertheless. Pretty much all their runs have been open from New year through till the end of March. Piste conditions seem mostly to have been very good and the default weather has been sunny. High winds did close some Sella Ronda connections a number of times but I don't think there has been much in the way of disruption or days lost, compared with other parts of the Alps this season. That reliability of operation, particularly in December and January, is sometimes an under appreciated asset.
snow conditions
Really good cover at altitude now
https://valgardena.panomax.com/seceda
ski holidays
https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/Experience/Ski-areas/Val-Gardena/Webcam

Looks like the best snow of the winter is still arriving !
latest report
Yeah -- I checked out the 'cams yesterday ; it was bucketing it down !!
snow conditions
More snow this morning in the Dolomites,(4/5) the snow gods are mocking us.
latest report
https://www.bergfex.com/groeden-wolkenstein/webcams/c7768/

Wow !
ski holidays
Snow down to Selva village level and -8........
ski holidays
Peter S wrote:
https://www.bergfex.com/groeden-wolkenstein/webcams/c7768/

Wow !

Crazy for there to be that much snow right down into the valleys in early May.

But it's often been noted that Spring brings more precipitation to the area and many years there have been some big dumps in the high alpine just as the lift systems are shutting down.
snow report
Bartezki wrote:
Snow down to Selva village level and -8........

Indeed ! (Selva nursery slopes 6th may 2019)

snow conditions
https://valgardena.panomax.com/colraiser

More snow snowHead
snow conditions
https://valgardena.panomax.com/seceda

What a Spring. more than a month since the tows closed yet conditions are still improving Shocked
latest report
This thread has become painful to read Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm genuinely wondering would it be a good time to knock off some of the non lift accessed couloirs. Or would the occasional lift be running too if you had a guide that knew. But probably little in line of restaurants or hotels open.
snow conditions
AL9000 wrote:
This thread has become painful to read Crying or Very sad
Hasn't it just! Sad
latest report
More snow again Laughing
https://valgardena.panomax.com/ciampinoi
latest report
New snow again I notice snowHead
ski holidays
Just tuning in as heading to Como and Corvara on Friday to follow the Giro and do the Sella Ronda loop (cycling) in the Dolomites... thought I was going to escape the NZ winter... looks like I won't need to bother digging out my summer cycling kit! Shocked is it forecast to warm up at all in the next week??
ski holidays
There is some chatter that one of the higher Giro stages will be cancelled, shortened, or restaged, due to too much snow.
ski holidays
@Skiwi 55, The weather forecast for next week is a lot warmer and drier. In all probability the stage will take place as planned, clearing the road is not an issue though snowfall on the actual day of the race would be see http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/authorities-working-to-clear-gavia-of-snow-ahead-of-giro-ditalia-queen-stage/
snow conditions
Remarkable how the snow is hanging on this year, six weeks after closing day. There is still more snow on the upper slopes than between November and the beginning of April.

https://valgardena.panomax.com/Seceda

In four weeks time the nights start closing in again....... snowHead
snow conditions
The snow is finally starting to disappear on the upper slopes. What a remarkable Spring snowHead
latest report
Still plenty of skiable snow above 2000m as we head into June Cool
ski holidays
Its the 10th of June and there is still more snow on the upper slopes than January.

Hopefully some of the dying snow is being stored in their reservoirs, ready for next year snowHead

In just under two weeks the days start shortening again, and so the cycle begins Shocked
snow report
Conditions still looking good in Arabba …..

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/veneto/belluno/arabba.html

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead !!!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy