Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for local ski guide in Aspen

Poster: A snowHead
Any suggestions please
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lessons of off piste guiding ??
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Actually I’m looking for a ski buddy with local knowledge as I’m a solo skier.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.aspensnowmass.com/we-are-different/ambassador-program
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.aspensnowmass.com/we-are-different/ambassador-program
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
^
Thanks
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
there is an Aspen/Roaring Fork Valley thread on Teton Gravity Research Forums. some fairly regular posters on there with local knowledge who might be willing to do a ski day too. That thread seems a bit more "adult" than some on TGR. Caution though that most TGR skiers whom I have met seem to be legit gnarly line skiers, so if you are not interested in that, I would make that clear in your post. that will not necessarily dissuade them from offering to show you around, but just set expectations appropriately.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well it's all controlled in bounds so you can ski solo without too much worry. Obviously be aware of risks, tree wells are probably the biggest potential concern.

In my experience the north American resort orientation tours can be a bit hit and miss. Of course it depends what you are looking for, as general orientation they are not bad, but the skiing can be kind of tame and if you get a slow skier in your group can be a lot of waiting around. (They do usually group by ability but doesn't always work so well). That said I've had it when I was the only guest and the snow host ran me ragged around the hill for 2 hours showing me all his favourite spots and pointing out everything from the lifts, which was great.

If you want something more focused on advanced terrain hiring a guide or ski instructor may be more beneficial, but also more expensive.

Also it's very normal out there for people to chat on the lift. Most are happy to give someone visiting some advice about where to go and maybe even ski a few runs with you. As said above though, be clear about your ability as there are some gnarly skiers out there who will take you into terrain you may not want to be in.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
^
thank you
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In all honesty depends where you're from and what your level is. I've never taken a tour and never had a problem navigating or working out where the goods are in any US resort. OK that's not every micro stash but its enough to work on.

Never skied Buttermilk but as its pretty flat I assume it's hard to get into serious trouble. Highlands is easy as it is just one ridge with steepish lines dropping off it and even if you hike Highlands Bowl its impossible to miss the exit as everything funnels there. Aspen also fairly easy as its basically one mountain.

Snowmass is the only area that needs a bit of working out and in particular can be pretty flat getting to/from Elk Camp. Some of the Cirque and Hanging Valley can be legit steep terrain with a bumpy runout if it hasn't snowed in a while.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm an expert skier and will be skiing upper levels.

just looking for someone to save me time exploring for the best terrains...I guess I'm just lazy and don't want to waste time researching Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Highland!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@DRPM,

All inbound areas are small enough to be well explored in a day. Local knowledge will help, but it's hardly the 3V!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@DRPM, Go to the top at Highlands - ski a lap down to Deep Temerity. If good repeat, throwing in bowl laps as hiking fitness allows.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sounds good
snow report
DRPM, The Bowl,

Strolling half way

Both taken earlier this month, luckily after a good storm ( think the I 70 Avalanche ) Toofy Grin

On Snowmass just look for the yellow lines on the trail map, you wont go far wrong with anything off the Cirque drag lift, so long as you go left instead of right. Frog Pond Glades is fun Madeye-Smiley

Enjoy, we did on our two days there.
latest report
Ok I’m stoked...thanks for pics and infp
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy