Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski bindings mounted off centerline

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys I’ve just joined for some info ,I’ve bought my daughter some k2 empress with marker free ten bindings , however on receiving the skis one of them seems to have the bindings mounted further to one side . I’ve tried to take some measurements from metal edges of the base each side an there looking about 2mm further to one side , I’ve read some posts that this may be ok as the sides of the skis can be quite uncemetrical and the may actually be central or would you say it’s a cock up from the shop. Thanks for any imfo .
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like a cock up almost certainly !
I'd take them back or take photos and send them ...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks mate
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any more opinions guys . I bought the skis from France online and am in the UK . I’ve now read online that returns with this company are a head ache and take weeks after being egnored . Is it going to make a difference to her skiing and is every pair of ski bindings ever fitted actually 100% central . I know they should be but would doubt that they are
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Put up some photos in this thread -- there are experts on here who would be able to advise
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks mate I did try but couldn’t find how to do it I’m new on the site
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mhollor, If you have a Flickr account or similar, upload the photos on there, make sure they are public viewable, then there should be a copy URL or embed image option.

Once done you can post the link into this post. You should have a Post Picture option at the bottom of the screen.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 5-11-19 10:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PowderAdict wrote:
@Mhollor, If you have a Flickr account or similar, upload the photos on there, make sure they are public viewable, then there should be a copy URL or embed image option.

Once done you can post the link into this post. You should have a Post Picture option at the bottom of the screen.

I think the "Post Image" button at the bottom of the sHs screen is only available to super and mega snowHeads? Your first sentence about pasting a URL or embed image option from a publicly viewable account should work, one other place to upload photos and copy the image is using snowHeads own snowMedia Zone (accessible via the snowBase button towards the top of the screen) snowHead .
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
He already measured the difference so I can't see what a photo is going to add...2mm seems acceptable to me.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alastair Pink wrote:
PowderAdict wrote:

I think the "Post Image" button at the bottom of the sHs screen is only available to super and mega snowHeads? Your first sentence about pasting a URL or embed image option from a publicly viewable account should work, one other place to upload photos and copy the image is using snowHeads own snowMedia Zone (accessible via the snowBase button towards the top of the screen) snowHead .

I’m aware the Post Image button is Super/Mega only, but I thought the “Post a Picture” button was standard, maybe it isn’t.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@PowderAdict, It isn't standard (unfortunately..) : I use either www.imgur.com or the snowMedia zone on this site

How to post image https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25601
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mhollor, if you've used a try square (or similar) so you are measuring from the metal edge then your measurements should be accurate. Measuring from the topsheet edge can be inaccurate, especially for a cap construction (where the edge is rounded).

You could try returning the skis, but if you've bought from one of the big online discount stores then you'll probably have a hard time. If they respond, they may well argue that a mm or two is not enough to justify replacing the skis (and you would then have to pay return postage, to get a refund). This is one of the risks you take vs buying from local retailers where the price may be higher but after sales service may be better. A couple of years ago I had a similar problem with one of the internet sites: they mounted bindings at the wrong bsl, and even though I had the order form (stating the correct bsl) and their mounting paperwork (with the wrong bsl) they denied that they'd made an error. Luckily there was *just* enough adjustment to fit, so I just kept the skis and accepted a slightly forward mount.
If your binding mount is straight but offset by 2mm I would just live with it, and your daughter will probably not notice any difference. If it is also twisted relative to the ski, I'd at least make an attempt to return the skis, but with a relatively low expectation of success.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks mate I have measured from metal edge with set square the binding seem to be straight in line just a couple of mm to one side
snow conditions
Since you noticed this, its too much. That ski will ski differently than its properly mounted sister, and that ski will also ski differently when on the left foot compared to the right. I infer from the name of the ski that your daughter is young. While she may not even notice, this could complicate her learning process. I would go through the trouble of correcting it.
snow report
Just to be clear, is the binding 2mm off centre?, or is the difference in the measurements between the binding and each edge 2mm?
In this second case the binding is only 1mm off centre. If the binding is 2mm off centre the difference in measurements will be 4mm.
If they are only 1mm off centre I would suggest this is with in tolerance of most binding jigs.
snow report
One of my skis is pretty poorly mounted and is noticeably off to one side but I very rarely notice it, of it is only 1 or 2 mm off I probably wouldn't bother sending it back
snow report
One measurement I took was 9mm from side of binding to set square on metal edge on right side and 6.5mm on the left hand side so the hole would infact be 1.25mm off centre to the left
snow conditions
Referring to earlier post from scooter my daughter is 12 however she is quite an advance skier for a Brit
ski holidays
She won’t notice.

Don’t worry about it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy