Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going to rain(lots) in Andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Blimey, weather not looking good in Andorra from end off this week: rain, rain and more rain, as much as 12mm forecasted for Monday 6th March and temperatures as high as 8'C .Can only but hope that another cold front is behind all the mild weather!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
same down the bottom of La Tania, p*ssing it down for the weekend, still snow at 2000m according to snow-forecast
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some forecasts are saying a metre of snow (possibly wet/heavy) over the weekend for many places along with gale force winds. Sounds like another recipe for avalanche disaster.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Louis, I am hoping that is not right either! We're off to Arinsal on the 5th ......
Just hope that they've got it wrong (as they usually do) or that it'll be freezing into snow at a high enough altitude!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gregh, Here's hoping they've got it wrong this time. Meteo France suggests more or less the same in their long range, but there are some big variations in temperatures forecast over the northern French Alps, from one range to the next...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Arinsal.0to3bot.shtml

On this page, the freezing level is below the bottom lift .... does that mean that if it is forecast with rain, that would then actually be snow above the freezling level???
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hannah, Yes indeed... i think
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ooh ooh ooh thats okay then ..... can someone please confirm that Mouth is right? (not that I'm doubting you mind!)

Although it is slightly worrying that they don't just say its going to be snow then ....... Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Remember snowforecast is basically the output from GFS in an easy to read form (with some human input) and is updated twice a day. However GFS runs four times a day.
The information you can see is already obsolete, and the runs do vary quite a bit at the six day range from run to run. This is normal.
The setup at the moment is a really hard one for the models to cope with as it's quite unusual. If the high freezing levels begin to show into the three day range then thats the time to worry a bit...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

the freezing level is below the bottom lift .... does that mean that if it is forecast with rain, that would then actually be snow above the freezling level???

the freezing level does not necessarily coincide with the "limite pluie/neige" where rain turns to snow. I do know that, but I also know that the relationship between them is far too complicated for me! But, if it's any comfort,snow-forecasts have tended to be on the pessimistic side for much of this season, both in terms of amounts of snow and the freezing level. Certainly some weather out there....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Meteo France has a low of -11°C and a high of -3°C for the Meribel weather station at 2040m on Friday. From Saturday through to Tuesday westerlies and nor'westerlies are expected to bring a succession of fronts across the Savoie, with alternating heavy showers and clear spells. No indication of the freeze point, but heavy falls of snow expected above that altitude....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is the GFS forecast for Geneva, run at 6am this morning. Topmost chart gives temperature for 850mb pressure (around 1500 to 1600m). The white line is the average of successive GFS forecasts, the red line is average temperature for that time of year. Doesn't look too bad to me...

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Rob. Do you have the link to that swiss updating animated radar thingy you posted during the last dump. I'm sure it was you?
It was really usefull, but I can't seem to find it.....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.landi.ch/meteoftp/radarbild/radar.gif
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers Rob! Very Happy
Looks like there's been some pretty beefy showers around.
snow report
flippin eck Rob - just popped in for a few minutes and my mind is blown by your rather spectacular graph!!!! I prefer the thing on the wall in your appartment that just tells me in idiot speak what's goin on...... Even I can understand the symbols...
.... but I get the general impression it might snow???!!!!!
snow report
jayne durham, yes, it might snow Smile

Have to confess it's not my graph, just one I provided a link to.
ski holidays
Ah, what a difference a day can make: the rain is turning into snow (according to Metcheck and Snowforecast) and temperatures dropping.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy