Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Colour blindness

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Nope...

(This thread is quickly proving what an idiot i really am.)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@marodo2712, Boolean Logic is a way to define logic gates and circuits. You can basically only have 4 types of gate.

AND
OR
NOT
XOR (exclusive OR)

If you mess about with 'to be or not to be' for long enough you can demonstrate that the answer is 1 but it doesn't actually work 'cos of spelling and logic fails.

I would hazard a guess that the number of people who got the initial reference immediately probably have grey hair and a bit of solder on their cardigan. Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
WAY above my head.

I learned BBC Basic back the early eighties, IF, THEN, GOTO, ELSE, AND etc. I'm guessing there may be some equivalence? (or not, I'm not sure i know what i know anymore).

Have the app nerds built the colour blind piste map reading app yet? Come on guys, it's near the end of October and he'll be off soon!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you everyone for input most of it was way above my brain grade, not for one second being ungratefull but I was hoping for low tec answer. When I did my Lamp test for Yachtmaster the 3 D cardboard framed glasses worked a treat and I was hoping a similar trick is out there.
Marodo2712 your app was fun and clever but I should have said in my request I prefer squaddie proof and take anywhere low tec solutions. I am experimenting with felt tip pens to accentuate or diminish colours, unfortunately the result changes quite rapidly.
Thanks again everyone.
E
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In that vein. I don't known what the affect will be to someone of your sight characteristics, but logically Cyan lens in front of you eyes "should" have potential to change something when viewing red ink image. Whether that would be good or bad you'd have to find out.

How about taking a piste map to a ski shop and viewing it through all of the goggle lenses they have available to see if there can be a significant improvement to your sensitivity in the details printed?

Do Oakley make a Hi-Cyan? Toofy Grin or one of the green tints?

Perhaps worth a sortie, I was in Bartlett ski Saturday where they have almost a complete wall of different goggles.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marodo2712 wrote:
I like to think I'm an honest guy, so when i left the shop i knew i had no choice but to prostrate myself and beg forgiveness from my snowy peers.

Well done! The world would be a nicer and better place if we all had a little more courage to admit when we are wrong.

I learned years ago that, when driving, if I inadvertently cut someone up or nicked their parking place a simple wave of the hand to say 'sorry' goes a very long way. We all make mistakes. [Don't tell my wife that I admitted I make mistakes]
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

GOTO

Noooooooo bad/lazy branching with no logical return. Gosub everytime. (With the exception using of goto to terminate, but that's even frowned upon.

Some of us remember coding to take account of rotational latency on disks to get the best performance, or using octal on a switch panel to boot sperry univac mainframes.

And don't get me started on jump keys. 4,13 or 3,16.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ansta1,

The univac wasn't based on the olde Marconi 920 series computers was it?

It's just that I used them and they had a monitor panel which utilized an 18 bit word - so we always used Octal. Jump instructions were 8 and 7 though

PS Sorry to the OP, this topic has gone waaaay off piste
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy