Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Train timetables Verona to Fortezza

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife and I are heading to a small village near Brunico for New Year and I have been trying for weeks to book return trains from Verona Puerta Nuova to Fortezza ,but I can’t book on Tren Italia as I assume timetables have not been released yet.I did this route last year to and from Valdaora.Are there any snowHeads in that neck of the woods that can give me an idea when trains become bookable for that festive period.I tried to book on OBB,there site gave train times but also said timetables had not been finalised .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The coordinated europe winter timetable typically gets released some time in October I think (so should be imminent), starting from 2nd Saturday in December (or the Sunday that follows it). Trenitalia, OeBB and DB should all get updated at the same time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks very much.I guess I’ll have to keep checking daily as I assume trains will be busy and tickets will sell fast.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yup, train times in Europe change on the second Sunday in December, however in Italy they seldom go on sale until the beginning of December.

These are mostly local trains, so the Verona to Fortezza will change little from year to year. Buy a ticket locally as they cannot be booked in advance

Hope this helps
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This ticket will not sell that fast. In fact I would probably wait until after arrival, or at least watch availability last minute.
And by the way: for this high up in Italy it really is wiser to use the -real- German names: Franzensfeste and Bruneck. Locals will appreciate it wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This ticket will not sell that fast. In fact I would probably wait until after arrival, or at least watch availability last minute. And indeed regional trains are not online available in general.
And by the way: for this high up in Italy it really is wiser to use the -real- German names: Franzensfeste and Bruneck. Locals will appreciate it wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pat51 wrote:
Yup, train times in Europe change on the second Sunday in December, however in Italy they seldom go on sale until the beginning of December.

These are mostly local trains, so the Verona to Fortezza will change little from year to year. Buy a ticket locally as they cannot be booked in advance

Hope this helps

There is a non local Euro City train on this route which runs once every two hours. This can be booked on OBB or DB websites as soon as the timetables are released. Not sure I'd want to prebook a particular time though if catching the train soon after a flight arrival. Your relying then on the flight being on time. I would just get the ticket at the station and get the next train out (local or Euro City)

Also if your not already aware there is a bus connection service between Verona airport and the Porta Nuova train station that runs quite frequently and will save you a taxi fare. Cant remember if the bus is free or not!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the above tip. It will certainly come in handy for us in January.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Euro City trains are the route that runs from Munich to Verona (some go on to Venice or Milan). My experience is that if you travel second class you really need to reserve seats. Sometimes the trains are fairly empty but often very busy and it can be a real pain without a reservation. First class is generally not that much more (especially if you book in advance) and then need to reserve seats is much less.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy