Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French minister denounces "hooligan skiers"

Poster: A snowHead
On a recent visit to Chamonix, French interior minister Nicholas Sarkozy attacked "hooligan" skiers and "risky behaviour", advocating "zero tolerance" in dealing with them.

His comments received some support, and some opposition, from slope users.

Jacques Guillot, the mayor of Chamrousse (near Grenoble), a venue for the 1968 Winter Olympics ski racing, said:

"There are no hooligans on the slopes, just people who should be called to order. And a repressive approach is not necessarily best."

This report from Mail & Guardian online.

Any comments?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't see the Mail and Guardian merging in this country.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith wrote:

Any comments?

You've been on holiday.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof, You reported this weeks ago, I think you should be credited accordingly.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof wrote:
David Goldsmith wrote:

Any comments?

You've been on holiday.

Can't deny it. I was down in Hastings last week, taking in a bit of sea air.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith wrote:
davidof wrote:
David Goldsmith wrote:

Any comments?

You've been on holiday.

Can't deny it. I was down in Hastings last week, taking in a bit of sea air.

I'm not a fan of Hastings, although I've not been there since the 1970s when it was all one armed bandits and what the butler saw machines... but it sounds very pleasant.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You should have been there in 1066. There was a bit of trouble with French hooligans.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hastings? Bit flat for a skiing holiday, surely?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Water skiing?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In February, with all that lovely snow on the slopes Puzzled Shocked
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
February's low season for water skiing, but the ghost train was running.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
"You're gona get your f**king helmets kicked in!" Little Angel
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER, he cried in anticipation of forthcoming sales of new models........ Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG, Don't know if it's still there but Hastings used to have a funicular up the cliff face - steep to extreme skiing though!

Seriously - he can come here and get rid of the hooligans any time - plenty to choose from in holiday weeks. yet again today, we had to wait to start off because there were about 10 people who decided to schuss the Toura slope - perfectly nice slope to turn on. they're too wobbly to risk that they'll avoid you. Not skiing within the rules. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowbunny wrote:
davidof, You reported this weeks ago, I think you should be credited accordingly.

I think I mentioned it on Pete's site.

Does anyone think there is a problem with ski hooligans though? I know Cham (not Hercham) used to be lively at night but it was largely drunks vomiting their Beluga sandwiches on the cobbles. The French hate that but it is hardly crime of the century. Still Sarko has promised to "clean the towns with a jet-hose" (nettoyer les cités au Karcher) and I could see that could be quite handy for frozen vomit.
latest report
davidof,
Quote:

I think I mentioned it on Pete's site.

You are quite correct. Here is the article http://mysnowsports.com/News/article/sid=426.html
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy