Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kvitfjell or Trysil

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi snowheads. Booked flights to Oslo for Easter next year. I know accommodation change over is Sunday but Sun - Sun flights were £830 for 3 of us, Sat to Mon £330, so we will do a hotel at start and end of the holiday. Question is, we are looking at Kvitfjell, but Trysil is also an option. We are two intermediate skiers, happy cruising around blues and easy reds. Our son is happy to ski and snowboard anything so will go with an instructor/guide some of the time. We will do self catering. We know Finland well and know about Scandinavian prices. Just wondering if anyone has any views on Kvitfjell or Trysil?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, you are a real gold mine of good tips and advice
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kvitfjell is nice but very small, definitely a weekend trip unless you're happy skiing the same runs repeatedly.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are quite happy on the same runs, I like familiarity!. Thanks for that advice. It does look nice.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@lpsmc1, we were able to find Saturday to Saturday accommodation in Salen for Half term this year via Ski Star. We also flew into Oslo and hired a car from there to drive to Salen.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Trip report here including a video

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=136525&highlight=

Added advantage is that Sweden is cheaper for food and drink than staying in norway.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you buy a Lillehammer pass you can ski a few small resorts, but Kvitfjall is the best of them IMO. Here is our trip report from a couple of years ago http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2838762&highlight=kvitfjell#2838762. Photos have gone missing unfortunately.

I’d try and stay in a cabin at the resort if doing it again.

Hemsedal, 3 hours from Oslo, may also be worth looking into.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the link to the trip report. We would do self catering, looking at Kvitfjell there is lots of accommodation reasonably priced and well maintained. The Olympiabakken run gets my son very interested, me just terrified!
We are coming towards Kvitfjell as a choice and will go via train and taxi
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@lpsmc1, I would highly recommend looking at hiring a car if possible as using taxis can be very expensive in Norway.

Ringebu train station to Kvitfjell Hotel is around 950kr. The return trip is around 1250kr as they will charge you 300kr extra to pick you up! If you use a taxi after 17:00 and on public holidays expect an extra fee to be added!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would second the car hire option. Certainly give more flexibility and if you are heading to central Norway you can visit a few resorts.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Trysil is fab
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another view on Trysil here. Although it has more pistes than most other scandi resorts, it's a bit of a pain getting around - lots of flat tracks across the mountain if the top lifts are closed - so depending on the weather it can feel much smaller than it actually is.
We're going to Hafjell next February and will probably spend a day or two at Kvitfjell so it'll be interesting to see how they compare.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Trysil is ideal for blue and easy red cruising - there's a lot to do by scandi standards. Hemsedal is a fun mountain but not nearly as cruisy, with the interest in off piste and parks.

Sounds like you are going for 8 days skiing, so would definitely take in more than one resort. None of the Scandi resorts (except maybe Are) are 8 days worth.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We will be doing 7 days skiing but probably intend to spend at least 3 of those days on x country skis so really only 4 days on the slopes. So size of resort isn't so bad.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy