Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arabba Ski Hire

Poster: A snowHead
I am visiting Arabba in the coming winter (unfortunately not the BB this year) and will hire skis. Do either of the ski hire shops i can find (Reba and Ski Service da Nico) that arent Samont have ski deposit facilities to save me carrying back each night? I have used Samont before and I know they are convenient for the BB/ Portavescovo but would consider using the others if I could leave skis with them. Or are there lockers that can be hired at either of the lift bases? I didn't really look for them when I was there previously. Thanks in advance for any advice
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't answer your question, but I've used Nico twice and found the skis and service to be excellent.

Where are you staying?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a Ski room at the bottom of the Burz lift - but not sure how it works (it is allied to the Hotel Panorama/Olympia)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@martinm, thanks, I am staying at the Bellavista again so I know I can use the Portavescovo lockers and Samont is nex doort. Clearly it is no marathon to Burz, though a warming walk nevertheless, but i am looking further afield to see both other shops seem closer to a lift.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski nico does (at bottom of burz lifts).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I usually leave my boots there also then you can walk through village in street shoes, it might be free if you rent there, maybe E2 if not.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@essex, thanks for that, sounds ideal
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@essex, do you mean Ski Nico has lockers at the bottom of the Burz chairlift please?

As far as I recall, the Ski Nico shop is a walk across the river bridge from the church and Burz chairlift side of the village. Near the base of the Portavescovo gondola. Or am I mistaken?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PeakyB wrote:
the Ski Nico shop is a walk across the river bridge from the church and Burz chairlift side of the village. Near the base of the Portavescovo gondola. Or am I mistaken?

Correct.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is topical as my family will be in Arabba in January having never visited there (or Europe for that matter) before.
How important is it to book in advance? Should this be done weeks or months prior? How do we know what to book without seeing the gear?
We will be staying at the Portavescovo hotel. If we plan on skiing the area both north and south (and west too I guess) of the village which ski shop would be most convenient to allow for the previously mentioned walking around the village after skiing?
Thanks.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ski Nico were great when we used them. Nico is a nice bloke and good ski instructor too.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sbooker, the closest rental shop to Hotel Portavescovo is Sport Samont. Virtually next door. Five minutes walk from nearest chairlift. I found them a bit more expensive than others. I’ve not used them but think they have a good reputation for quality and service.

Reba is a very short walk from hotel and maybe 8 minutes from lift. I found their prices, quality and service very good. When they didn’t have the length/type of skis I preferred, they brought them across from Nico’s within 10 minutes.

I also rented from Nico’s on another trip. As others have said, choice, quality and service all good. Prices same as Reba. Problem with Nico’s is that it can be a tricky 10 minute walk from the hotel. With ice and snow it was quite treacherous. It’s located across the river that runs through the village. Not so convenient for the Burz chairlift, the usual first of the day.

January is low season, so no need to reserve far in advance. Usually good discount codes around, eg through Skimium. I think best to wait for those, compare costs, then book. Group discounts offered too, for 3 or more sets of kit usually.

You can see online price for each category of ski and example skis within each group. If specific skis you prefer, I find it best to message shop direct. They’ll tell you what’s in stock and advise on choice for each person. They’ll want the usual height, weight, ski experience info.

Great choice of village and hotel, by the way. As approved by SnowHeads!
snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I didn't know this, but it looks like Reba and Nico are part of the same organisation

https://www.skiservicearabba.it/en/ski-rental

-----

There is another hire shop in the same block as the Bar Peter - MSA sport rental (don't know if it has lockers at the lifts..)

https://www.scuolasciarabba.com/en/ski-hire#fndtn-skirental-online-shop
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There is a Nico rental place by burz chairlift. It does not have lockers only ski racks and boot warmers, so you can't really leave bags of gear there.
The shop next to bar Peter is owned by ski school arabba, up until last season they also had a locker facility / rental desk up on top of Mr X cafe, but got shut down because it was not zoned for business.
There are some other lockers nearby but I think they are all associated with more distant hotels like evaldo.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@essex, interesting thanks, I never saw that branch of Nico’s when there.
snow report
PeakyB wrote:
@sbooker, the closest rental shop to Hotel Portavescovo is Sport Samont. Virtually next door. Five minutes walk from nearest chairlift. I found them a bit more expensive than others. I’ve not used them but think they have a good reputation for quality and service.

Reba is a very short walk from hotel and maybe 8 minutes from lift. I found their prices, quality and service very good. When they didn’t have the length/type of skis I preferred, they brought them across from Nico’s within 10 minutes.

I also rented from Nico’s on another trip. As others have said, choice, quality and service all good. Prices same as Reba. Problem with Nico’s is that it can be a tricky 10 minute walk from the hotel. With ice and snow it was quite treacherous. It’s located across the river that runs through the village. Not so convenient for the Burz chairlift, the usual first of the day.

January is low season, so no need to reserve far in advance. Usually good discount codes around, eg through Skimium. I think best to wait for those, compare costs, then book. Group discounts offered too, for 3 or more sets of kit usually.

You can see online price for each category of ski and example skis within each group. If specific skis you prefer, I find it best to message shop direct. They’ll tell you what’s in stock and advise on choice for each person. They’ll want the usual height, weight, ski experience info.

Great choice of village and hotel, by the way. As approved by SnowHeads!
snowHead

Thanks! Very helpful info.
latest report
PeakyB wrote:
@essex, interesting thanks, I never saw that branch of Nico’s when there.

And I didn't realize there was one on the other side, explains how he got me some skis I wanted so fast last year, told me to go get a coffee at mrX and come back in 5mins, pretty good service that.
ski holidays
Great area. Great off-piste too (some of it challenging), but you need a guide to find it. For that matter almost all the skis for hire are piste skis - they just don't cater for off-piste.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy