Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria - where to palm off babies?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How does one best source a childminder, baby sitter, kindergarten in Austria if you want to palm off your baby to go skiing?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's some ski lockers at most train stations wink

Or, speak to Tourist Office, they have a list of companies i'd suggest
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rumdiary, this is why we used Esprit for so many years....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NickyJ, it's quite easy to get a kinderhotel or creche in Flachau
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rumdiary, Mayrhofen has a kindergarten by the swimming pool, so it is possible to drop kids off in the morning, go skiing for the day, and then take them swimming before dinner. However, our only experience of it was ~10 years ago, and it wasn't that great.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Second the recommendation for kinderhotels, they’re independent hotels with facilities for children and spread through Austria and Germany. Otherwise many ski schools have crèches for children too young to ski, not used personally though.
Any particular destination in mind?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Be aware that the Austrians are a little more relaxed about childcare than you may be used to.

I only have a single experience of Austrian hotel childcare, so it may be an incredibly unusual case, but equally this would *never* have happened in the UK. This was in the Grand Hotel, Zell am See in about 2012 - so a big, pretty posh and well known hotel.

They have a large, well appointed creche, offering free all day childcare. The manager of the creche was perfectly happy to look after my then 5 and 1 year olds all day, if required (it wasn't, because this was for a family-together-all-day-in-summer type holiday). But, we regularly went there to play with the stacks of toys, and I was generally the only other adult there. Several times, taking advantage of there being another adult, the creche manager would ask me to watch the kids while she nipped out for a minute - these minutes often became 10, 15, 20 minutes, during which time I would be looking after up to 10 kids very few of whom spoke a word of English. Sometimes parents would come in to pick up their kids, and not seem remotely fussed that they were being supervised by a non-German-speaking total stranger.

So a bit of a different culture!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I believe @Scarpa has a basement and a snake/dead rats so that's probably legit.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy