Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bolle Modulators become Bolle Phantoms (with nice simulator and new lens colours)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bolle Modulators were one of the first photochromic goggles lens to hit the market at a sensible price (i.e. not Zeal prices) around 10 years ago. I've used them since the first season they were available in both the original Citrus Gun lens (orange/amber) and the Vermillion Gun (pink/grey).

Whenever someone asks about them on here, they get consistently good feedback and strong recommendations.

I noticed that a few days ago they've renamed them Phantom and now offer four lens/mirror combinations, with the top of the range Phantom+ being photochromic and polarized.

The new lenses are:
Phantom+ - pink lens/blue mirror PC and Polarized
Vermillion Blue - pink lens/blue mirror PC
Emerald Green - amber lens/green mirror PC
Fire Red - brown lens/red mirror PC

It's good to see the wide range of lens combinations. I thought I'd post it up as a bit of info and a thought starter for what colour suits people best.

Different people perceive colour and contrast differently and although the pink/blue combination is a common recommendation among goggle makers for flat light, I struggle with it and much prefer my original Citrus lens over the newer Vermillion one in low light. On the other hand, I really like the Vermillion lens in bright light so basically the opposite of what a pink lens' strengths and weaknesses are supposed to be.

Before the days of PC lenses, I always used Amber goggles and when I'm driving I use polarized lenses with a brown tint. I find the brown really enhances certain colours of the spectrum and is good even at dawn and dusk. In comparison, I have the same sunglasses in a grey polarized lens and can only wear them in direct sunlight.

So I'm really interested in the new Fire Red combination and there's a nice simulator here (scroll down the page) that allows you to simulate different light conditions with each lens: https://www.bolle.com/phantom/en/#choose-your-phantom

I think it's pretty accurate - the Vermillion Blue in low light is exactly as I remember it on a mountain.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @Raceplate I just found your post by searching "Zeal"
I'd never heard of them before, but I noticed them in my opticians window today.
(My optician only has very classy glasses, but a fabulous service)

The standard of goggles is so high these days that they are all very good.
The biggest problem I fret about is can you get the spare lenses for them, especially in a ski resort.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I've used them since the first season they were available

+1

And I have an unused spare pair
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I face butted my Bolle Modulators on a strange icey wall off-piste in Tignes last week on the bash (literally). Now a big scratch and they seem to be steaming up much more. Any ideas if you can get replacement lens? I have four sets of goggles but I loved these one other than in low light.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@hawkesbaynz, I did see some replacement Bolle lenses on Amazon recently.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy