Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Auris & VR 2018-19.

Poster: A snowHead
@skitow, you can ski in Oz & Vaujany but you have to drive there and go to ski pass office with your season pass to get a day pass.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Bjorn_again_Daehlie, the whole site looks amazing. I had some training today for the ticketing and bracelet system. There is so much on. I'll have to make do with the free welcome party on Tuesday in Oz, Villard and Auris.

Enjoy Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alpinebear wrote:
@skitow, you can ski in Oz & Vaujany but you have to drive there and go to ski pass office with your season pass to get a day pass.

OK thanks. I don't have to drive to Auris and Villard as well do I ? Bit of ski touring will do me good anyway Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skitow, just go to the ski pass office in Alpe d'Huez with your season pass and ask for a day pass for villard or Auris
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alpinebear wrote:
@skitow, just go to the ski pass office in Alpe d'Huez with your season pass and ask for a day pass for villard or Auris

Will that let me up the signal lift or on the alpauris ? Walking up the signal is not really a problem, off piste down to the sarenne from the road is a bit more technical and I would not be keen on the climb back Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Alpinebear,
Actually I have just read the mail that your employers have sent me, it explains everything Embarassed

Du 12 au 15 mars:

L'accès au domaine skiable de l'Alpe d'Huez sera possible avec un pass festival Tomorrowland Winter.

Vous n’avez pas de pass Tomorrowland ? Sur présentation de votre forfait saison/année 18/19 aux caisses, vous pouvez récupérer un forfait gratuit journée ou séjour, nominatif avec photo, vous permettant de skier au choix :

à Sur Auris : au départ de l'Alpauris ou de la station d'Auris (forfait gratuit à venir récupérer aux caisses de l'Alpe d'Huez ou d'Auris)
à Sur Villard-reculas : au départ de la Grande Sûre ou de la station de Villard-Reculas (forfait gratuit à récupérer aux caisses de l'Alpe d'Huez ou de Villard-Reculas)
à Sur Oz-Vaujany : au départ de l'une de ces deux stations (forfait gratuit à venir récupérer aux caisses SPL de Oz ou Vaujany)
Les forfaits saison sectoriels Auris restent valides sans passage en caisse.

Pour ceux qui n'ont pas de forfait saison, des forfaits sectoriels Auris et Villard-Reculas seront disponibles à la vente aux caisses de la SATA.

Votre forfait saison/année fonctionnera-t-il avec la grande galaxie?

L'accès aux autres stations "grande galaxie" ne sera pas valide du mardi 12 au vendredi 15 mars 2019.

Qu'en est-il du transport urbain en remontées mécaniques sur la station?

Les conditions d'accès au Télé-village, Télécentre et à l'Alpe Express restent inchangées du 9 au 11 mars.

Pour fluidifier la circulation pendant le festival ces installations passeront en accès libre du 12 au 15 mars
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice to buy my ski pass off a Snowhead today.

Good to meet you Alpine Bear.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@craigjbarker, enjoy your week with your razor sharp edges! Have fun
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
im looking to book up my ski trips next year
we do 2 weeks at xmas and new year, week at hakf term feb and 2 weeks at the easter holidays.
How much is an early bird season pass?
Ive not been to ADH for over 20 years and im guessing its chaged massively(not that i remember much from back then other than bar called crowded house)
how bad is the slush in april with it being south facing?
what other areas can be skied on the season pass?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
€600 this year. You get some days at L2A, Montgenevre, Via Lattea and Puy. Can’t remember exactly how many, I think it was fewer this year than previously. The lowest S facing slopes are prone to slushiness at the seasons end, but above 2000m generally not that bad. If you can wait till Easter I’ll give you an update for this season.

I generally ski around 30 days a season (if I get it right) and it remains interesting after 5 years. We stay in Vaujany which is low key, general updating regarding lifts rather than a massive change seems more the way.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Petere wrote:
€600 this year. You get some days at L2A, Montgenevre, Via Lattea and Puy. Can’t remember exactly how many, I think it was fewer this year than previously. The lowest S facing slopes are prone to slushiness at the seasons end, but above 2000m generally not that bad. If you can wait till Easter I’ll give you an update for this season.

I generally ski around 30 days a season (if I get it right) and it remains interesting after 5 years. We stay in Vaujany which is low key, general updating regarding lifts rather than a massive change seems more the way.

im not a mileage cruncher as such, im more of an adventure skier, freeriding, touring, skimo and even some ice climbing. I do like piste skiing aswell though. Im 100% positive i could ski the rest of my days at ADH and not be bored. The Pic Blanc looks interesting in the right conditions.
That was my thoughts with it being a high resort and a high top lift theres plenty of altitude to keep the temps lower.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mother hucker, The 600€ is for buying before end September. It goes up in a couple of stages after that. 272€ for 6 days makes the season pass a no brainer if you are going to be there for 2 weeks or more. Here is the "extras" card for this year. If you have not been to Alpe d'Huez for 20 years then yes, lots of changed lifts but the basic layout not that different.

snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@skitow, when do they go on sale?
ive requested to book an apartment on hoildaylettings near the round about. hows that for locality?
i dont recall the roundabout being there back then.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[quote="Mother hucker"]@skitow, when do they go on sale?

ive requested to book an apartment on hoildaylettings near the round about. hows that for locality?
i dont recall the roundabout being there back then.[/quote

Early summer as I remember, but @Alpinebear is your man, he works for them Laughing

Er there are several roundabouts now Laughing but to be honest Alpe d'Huez is pretty easy to get around, will get even easier as they replace the bucket lift through the centre and the lift from Huez. The ones from eclose have already been done. For me somewhere near the sports centre would be the best compromise.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
i dont remember the bucket lift either
next to the swimming pool is the apartment.
snow conditions
wow! Around 30 to 40cm of snow in the last 12 hours or so.
snow conditions
Stoked, be there on Saturday! @Alpinebear, is there anyone you recommend for guiding please?
snow report
Resort closes tomorrow so decided to head up today for the final ski of the season to be met with blue skies and 15-30cm of fresh snow. Some great skiing for this time of year.

For this summer hopefully work will start on the Allemont to Oz lift with completion for 2020.

The work for the replacement Huez village lift seems to have been postponed for this year which is a shame if true. There is a new development planned next to bend 2 and this new lift should serve it on the way up to resort.

Can't think of anything else in the planning but sometimes you don't know until one day during the summer you see the building work!

All in all a good season for resort. Tomorrowland was a success and next year dates are confirmed for the 14th to 21st of March.

Have a lovely summer everyone and look forward to the first weather outlook thread for 2019/2020!
latest report
I was in Alpe d'Huez last Sunday - Wednesday.

Conditions were OK on Sunday, but winds meant the top of mountain was closed (Pic Blanc & Marmottes 3).

Monday was the best day because the winds died down and the sun came out. We were still able to ski right down to Oz 1350 and Montfrais 1650, although the Montfrais chair was closed which meant returning via the drag lifts.

On Tuesday Oz and Vaujany closed (fair enough, it's end of season and they are low), but more frustratingly so did Marmottes 2 & 3 and Alpette-Rousses, so there weren't many options for those in our group who wanted to avoid the slush to DMC 1/Marmottes 1 but weren't able to handle the top of Pic Blanc. I'd have preferred it if Pic Blanc was closed in favour of Marmottes 2 & 3. On the plus side I was able to do the full length of Sarene and the Tunnel, which is pretty good for 23rd April.

The less said about Wednesday the better. Wet and windy.

The Alpe Express lift was useful, but clearly unfinished around the stations. This may have been move obvious because there wasn't any snow covering the areas immediately around the stations. There was clearly a space left in the station for the replacement to Televillage, but are there any plans to replace Telecentre? It would have been really handy for Alpe Express to continue along the route of Telecentre, which would make it easy to get from the swimming pool to Bergers, or from Eclose to the DMC, but it doesn't look like there was a space left for that.
ski holidays
Alpinebear wrote:

For this summer hopefully work will start on the Allemont to Oz lift with completion for 2020.

No.
ski holidays
@davidof,

No?
latest report
@thelem,
I've heard rumours that the telecentre will be replaced eventually but nothing official. They definitely need to do something with it.
snow report
Some information on the Huez lift here on Poma's site, it does not give a construction date so guess it won't be this year.

http://www.poma.net/actualites-presse/actualites-et-agenda/lalpe-dhuez-met-le-cap-sur-un-transport-peri-urbain-exemplaire/

As far as I can understand the article, it will not have any lifties ? ESA (Exploitation Sans Agent) ?
snow report
@thelem, As I understand it, yes the Alpe Express will connect with the New Huez lift and a similar replacement for the telecentre (buckets / yoghurt pots) and the idea is that this will remove the need for shuttle buses.
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
The search for Sacha has resumed properly this morning after the mountain rescue nearly got caught in an avalanche themselves over the weekend. They've brought in Recco gear and a helicopter - the Recco receivers can detect mobile phones etc.

This haunting last photo was posted on Instagram just before the young skier's disappearance. It shows him just above Villard Reculas with the combe du Bras in the foreground (you can see the tree plantations as you drive into ADH).

1.50 meters of new snow has fallen in the area since last week.

Sacha's body found today during a major search operation covering likely routes. Probable avalanche victim. Should bring some closure to his family and friends.

RIP
snow conditions
poor lad Sad
ski holidays
Alpe d'Huez has had two sets of planning permission cancelled by the courts including the construction of 4600 Pax of accommodation. This will have an impact on plans for new ski lifts on which the sale of property depended. The courts found that Alpe d'Huez had not made any efforts to recycle "cold beds" - 65% of accommodation is unused, had not considered the impact on water treatment, which is already inadequate (bonjour Norovirus).
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
Alpe d'Huez has had two sets of planning permission cancelled by the courts including the construction of 4600 Pax of accommodation. This will have an impact on plans for new ski lifts on which the sale of property depended. The courts found that Alpe d'Huez had not made any efforts to recycle "cold beds" - 65% of accommodation is unused, had not considered the impact on water treatment, which is already inadequate (bonjour Norovirus).

Even though I probably disagree with building another 4600 beds, I believe the cold bed figure to be completely wrong anyway. Our block is fairly typical of private accomodation here (as opposed to t/o controlled) and from what I can see occupancy is near 100% for New Year and the 4 weeks of french half term, Christmas whilst not as busy at it used to be is not far behind. Realistic season is less than 16 weeks, Christmas to Easter, so you have passed 25% occupancy if every single place is empty for the rest of the season. Which is patently not true. You would imagine the t/o controlled stuff gets better than the private too.
Privately owned apartments are often only shared between families and friends so not sure how they get those figures. They still have to buy a lift pass though and figures may be based on that. That does not allow for the many families where parents, grandparents, wives do not ski.
I am afraid that whilst there is some good work being done in ADH there is some muddled thinking going on compounded possibly by self interest, building an, expensive, school in the middle of a ski slope, further away from where a good proportion of the locals live than the old school, for example.
I think the problem is with waste water treatment not water supply ?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy