Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting from Bourg St Maurice to Arcs 2000

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, don't know if this has been covered elsewhere in the forum but the search facillity keeps falling over - We are spending Christmas in Arcs 2000 and whilst some of us are driving 2 couples are getting the TGV from Paris. They will have travelled across continents (USA and New Zealand) to get there and will want the last bit of the journey to be as easy as possible.

How far is the funicular from the main line station? Is it walkable with bags? Could they grab a cab in 1600 to get them the rest of the way? or are they better getting a cab all the way from the valley? Depending on timings we might be able to get a car emptied in time to get down to 1600 to pick them up.

Any advice and recommendations gratefully received.

thanks

Sharon
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not pick them up if you have a car, even if they have to wait a short while?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd go for a taxi from teh train station all the way up if you're looking for the easiest as possible solution.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Get a cab from the train station, it will cost less than 75 euros between the four of them (one-way journey), compared to 28 euros for a one-way ride on the funicular plus any other costs.

It is walkable (about 10 minutes) from the train station to the funicular station, but its a bit of a schlep with ski luggage. I think there might be a shuttle bus from the train station to the funicular, but not used it myself (if I walk to the funicular it's just with hand luggage). At the top of the funicular it's a short walk to the shuttle bus station for the onward transfer to Arc 2000 - not sure if there are any taxis waiting at this point?

If you get a taxi from the station at Bourg it can be helpful to pre-book, especially if it's a busy period. I use Taxi Aarthur.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's great - thank you @rob@rar, that's just the sort of local info I was hoping for.

@marcellus, Yes i've been leaning that way myself and almost certainly what I would do.

@Zermattandchips, been wrestling with that ourselves - getting the timing right is a bit of an issue, we will be driving past the station on the Sat afternoon, but we will have 2 cars full of bodies , kit and various Christmas luggage - doubt very much if we'll be able to squeeze a fag paper in let alone 4 large adults and all their luggage. Think they would have quite a long wait if they've got to wait for us to unload a car and then drive back down again, also not entirely sure that any of the drivers are going to be that keen on a schelp back down the mountain.

I'll let the family know and they can get on booking a taxi.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The simplest and cheapest way is to get the bus from front of Bourg St Maurice Train station straight to Arc 2000. Why faf with funicular and bus combo. The bus stop is much quicker to get to than the funicular and it will take to the Arc you actually going to without any changes or expensive taxi....

Book online at www.altibus.com
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If they've travelled all the way from the US/NZ then pre-book them a taxi:

1) I doubt a share of 75Euro for a taxi is going to even show up in the total cost.
2) If I was one of them I'd just want to be done with travelling and get there ASAP, not risk trying to waste time in B-S-M waiting for someone to pick me up.
3) Do you really want the first thing you say to them at the start of the week to be "I'm really sorry you've been hanging around waiting minutes/hours for me but...", or "You made it! Here's a beer/wine/tea/coffee and let me take your bags."?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mjit wrote:
If they've travelled all the way from the US/NZ then pre-book them a taxi:

1) I doubt a share of 75Euro for a taxi is going to even show up in the total cost.
2) If I was one of them I'd just want to be done with travelling and get there ASAP, not risk trying to waste time in B-S-M waiting for someone to pick me up.
3) Do you really want the first thing you say to them at the start of the week to be "I'm really sorry you've been hanging around waiting minutes/hours for me but...", or "You made it! Here's a beer/wine/tea/coffee and let me take your bags."?

Laughing no contest - the wine & beer will win everytime.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy